Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
UPDATE:

My aim is to compile a list of juice and flavorings that may cause potential problems as far as cracking polycarbonate tanks. Anything listed here may cause your polycarbonate tank to crack. I just ordered 3' of polycarbonate tubing. I am going to cut the tubing and use it in my tanks to try out some questionable flavors. This way, I won't be upset if I crack one, but I'll have an answer on some of these variables. I am primarily focused on the polycarbonate tanks, although this info can easily apply to other tanks.

I have heard good things about the new ce2's with thicker tubing. I have also heard that the ce2 "syringe mod" can take just about anything. YMMV. There is also a wonderful thread ongoing here on how to make your own "syringe tank mod". http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...756-homemade-syringe-tank-mod-looks-easy.html

Also, bear in mind that different vendors may use different ingredients to make the same flavors. So, a flavored e juice you get from one vendor that is safe for yout tank may not be safe from another vendor, or vice versa. For instance, I have no trouble at all with VaporGod strawberry kiwi, but Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake can potentially crack you polycarbonate tank. Clear as mud, huh?

Some of these are premixed juices, some are flavorings that DIY'ers use. Contributions have been made by myself and other members. So far we have:

Any juice that has:

Sour flavors
Malic acid
Citrus acid
Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffe cake, this is okay
Wintergreen juice or flavoring
TPA ripe banana flavoring
TPA honeysuckle flavoring
TPA maraschino cherry flavoring
TPA cherry blossom flavoring
TPA root beer flavoring
Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake, snickerdoodle
KBV Hummingbird nectar
mimosa(because of the orange)
cola(because of cinnamon)?
Vapor Renu Teaberry, cherry vanilla (possibly most of their flavors)
Vapor Renu Mt. Dew baha blast and Strawberry limeade
Oil based/e liquid that conains essential oils, when mixed with pg/vg, creates esters which will crack plastics
E liquids that contain triacetin, used in vg liquids to carry flavor more effectively
Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake
Nutmeg
Clove oil
Mt. Dew flavoring
TPA Cinnamon Danish flavoring
Sassafras
Rawrvapor Hawaii Sunrise

I just noticed that Perfumer's Apprentice lists triactetin as in ingredient in some of their flavors, so be sure to check that out.

With so many folks using tanks nowadays, let's all contribute here!!

Disclaimer: These are not "bad" juices. They just have the potential to cause cracking in tank systems using polycarbonate tubing.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
My aim is to compile a list of juice and flavorings that may cause potential problems as far as cracking polycarbonate tanks. Anything listed here may cause your polycarbonate tank to crack. I am primarily focused on the polycarbonate tanks, although this info can easily apply to other tanks.

I have heard good things about the new ce2's with thicker tubing. I have also heard that the ce2 "syringe mod" can take just about anything. YMMV. There is also a wonderful thread ongoing here on how to make your own "syringe tank mod". http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...756-homemade-syringe-tank-mod-looks-easy.html

Also, bear in mind that different vendors may use different ingredients to make the same flavors. So, a flavored e juice you get from one vendor that is safe for yout tank may not be safe from another vendor, or vice versa. For instance, I have no trouble at all with VaporGod strawberry kiwi, but Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake can potentially crack you polycarbonate tank. Clear as mud, huh?

Some of these are premixed juices, some are flavorings that DIY'ers use. Contributions have been made by myself and other members. So far we have:

Any juice that has:

Sour flavors
Malic acid
Citrus acid
Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffe cake, this is okay
Wintergreen juice or flavoring
TPA ripe banana flavoring
TPA honeysuckle flavoring
TPA maraschino cherry flavoring
TPA cherry blossom flavoring
TPA root beer flavoring
Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake, snickerdoodle
KBV Hummingbird nectar
mimosa(because of the orange)
cola(because of cinnamon)?
Vapor Renu Teaberry, cherry vanilla (possibly most of their flavors)
Vapor Renu Mt. Dew baha blast and Strawberry limeade
Oil based/e liquid that conains essential oils, when mixed with pg/vg, creates esters which will crack plastics
E liquids that contain triacetin, used in vg liquids to carry flavor more effectively
Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake
Nutmeg
Clove oil
Mt. Dew flavoring
TPA Cinnamon Danish flavoring
Sassafras
Rawrvapor Hawaii Sunrise
TPA Vanilla Custard flavoring
Tasty Vapor Cherry Cola

I just noticed that Perfumer's Apprentice lists triactetin as in ingredient in some of their flavors, so be sure to check that out.

With so many folks using tanks nowadays, let's all contribute here!!

Disclaimer: These are not "bad" juices. They just have the potential to cause cracking in tank systems using polycarbonate tubing.

TomiGirl

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Oregon, USA
www.tomiearl.com
Honestly I think it has more to do with the tube manufacturing. I have vaped Sinthol by VaporCast and Fire & Ice by Juicy Vapors daily without problems. If you notice hairline cracks at anytime dont continue to use it to see what happens...common sense here folks. I also vape daily citrus, banana, pineapple, sweet, etc vapes without incidents. I have noticed on arrival tiny hairline cracks at the base of tanks/tubes before and not chanced fate...it has to withstand pressure, heat, etc...Barely crack an egg fold and apply pressure...nuff said. These are disposable products as much as we wish they were not. I think the juice is getting a bad rap and potentially giving the anti-vapors folks ammo to regulate or ban our beloved vaping. My 2 cents. Not trying to inflame anything, off my soap box :)

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
I think you might have a point there.I've bee using tubing I ordered and cut my self for about a month now no cracks or spidering.The last 3 I ordered from a vendor lasted less than a week.One only 1/2 hr it cracked sideways never had one crack like that before.I,m a cinnamon freak so I keep plenty of tubes on hand and watch then like a hawk.lol

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Did you get your tubing from USPlastics. I got some from there, although I haven't experimented with it yet. I've been mostly making the homemade syringe tank mods from 20ml syringes. They're cheap and work like a charm.

I think you might have a point there.I've bee using tubing I ordered and cut my self for about a month now no cracks or spidering.The last 3 I ordered from a vendor lasted less than a week.One only 1/2 hr it cracked sideways never had one crack like that before.I,m a cinnamon freak so I keep plenty of tubes on hand and watch then like a hawk.lol

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Pineapple at 25-30% from TPA.....I have a friend who vapes a pineapple milkshake (MM) and his tank cracked as well, he believes it to be the Vanilla Bean Ice cream from TPA which I already saw in the thread, but mine was just Pineapple so I'm thinking it might be both. IMPO Polycarbonate is a FAIL and it's quite clear to us all. I think the venders need to step up and use something different, its quite simply unfair to the consumer to use something we know to FAIL. It has been quite a long time sense we have know about this issue, so why is it continued to being utilized?

I must agree with the hypothesis that a danger might exist with a chemical reaction and the possibility of harmful effects, this must be investigated and yes my friends it is their responsibility, this practice of putting the consumer in danger and the wait and see response is typical of the big cigarette company's, the same evil practices we are trying to get away from. Sorry but its just how I feel. I refuse to be a statistic, a test subject, long have I been due to the addictive properties put in cigarettes that kept me chained to a death sentence. I AM FREE and the tanks are in the trash. I will get off my soap box be warned my friends NO MORE ~V~

Last edited:

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Did you get your tubing from USPlastics. I got some from there, although I haven't experimented with it yet. I've been mostly making the homemade syringe tank mods from 20ml syringes. They're cheap and work like a charm.

8585K131
Polycarbonate Round Tube 3/4" OD, 5/8" ID, Clear, 1' Length
In stock at $1.73 per Ft.
I only ordered 1 ft got 6 tubs from that lenth.I also ordered o rings and gromets.I make my own tanks.I have tanks from 3 diff venders.I don't like any of them.Sticking with home made.lol
McMaster-Carr

These are the gromets I use they fit the bog cartos like a tight glove.
9600K31
Push-in Grommet 5/16" ID, 5/8" OD, 1/16" Thk for 1/2" Dia Panel Hole
In stock at $6.25 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 100

I also get these o rings for around the gromets(not realy nessacery but makes a super tight fit in the tank.over kill lol)

Buna-N O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 014
In stock at $2.66 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 100

Shipping to me was 4.60 and received in 2 days.But their in NJ and I'm in PA.

I want to get 1 of the 20ml syringes to see if these fit them.That way I wouldnt need 2 to make 1 tank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread