RDA Looking for rdta recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck0302

Jul 7, 2014
Rockland N.Y.
Hi all. I've been quite content with my dripper for a while. It came with my demons and angels mod. Has a huge well so I can vape for a few minutes without redripping which is why I like it so much. I have it so I really don't even need to take the cap off and can fill it through the drip tip (yeah I'm that lazy). Was thinking about an rdta though. Don't want to break the bank if possible. The two biggest things though are that I want something that won't leak and something I can fill without needing the needle point. Any suggestions?

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
I've had great luck with my wotofo conqueror. It won't break the bank. You can fill with a dropper from the top. Good flavor, easy (enough) to build on, never had a leak, glass is protected very well. And all in a package about the same size as a kanger subtank mini
2016-04-22 22.57.42.jpg

chuck0302

Jul 7, 2014
Rockland N.Y.
Thanks for the feedback. I may be a little confused but I think that is mainly an RTA. I was seeing that they had hybrids that are basically drippers with juice wells you can either pump to get juice in (which I've heard bad things about the systems) or bottom feed. I saw the avacado, haze, tf, the fodi and a bunch of others but I'm hearing so many mixed reviews with them. I almost always hear a lot of mixed reviews on any product but these seem even more so. I have an old kraken which seems similar and hit like a champ but was terrible to fill and would always leak if it was in my
Pocket or on its side so it has been gathering dust :(

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
These RDTAs will leak if you're not careful. That's just the nature of their design.

That being said I have an Avocado (22mm version) and the Limitless. I really enjoy both. The Avocado can be run with a single coil and, IMO, is geared more toward reasonable builds and wattage. The Limitless' airflow and bigger size makes it more friendly for higher wattage vaping. Neither one is expensive. There's also a 24mm Avocado but I haven't picked one up yet. The 22mm Avocado can be a hassle to fill if you use it with dual coils. Single coil is easy. The Limitless is very easy to fill. The 24mm Avocado has a hinged fill port which is supposed to make it v very easy to fill as well.

Haven't tried the Haze or Fodi.

chuck0302

Jul 7, 2014
Rockland N.Y.
Thanks. I will check them both out. I saw the 22mm avacado but with dual coils it looked hard to fill. I will check out the 24. Haven't seen the limitless yet so I'll check that one out too. I usually build a dual around .5 so I don't have to run it too high but I can push my mod to 200w if I need to. Usually don't even hit 35 though. Wish one of the b&ms around me had it. Have about 7 vape shops in my area and all either have tanks a few rta's and rda's and 100 pieces. I just want something that I can use while watching tv in bed and not have my wife get mad at me anymore Because she's finding juice. lol

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I've had great luck with my wotofo conqueror. It won't break the bank. You can fill with a dropper from the top. Good flavor, easy (enough) to build on, never had a leak, glass is protected very well. And all in a package about the same size as a kanger subtank mini
View attachment 563031
How is the airflow? Those 5 holes (are there 10 total?) are the only thing that holds me back from this... as I am D2L.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
@chuck0302 I have a 3D RDTA clone by HCigar that is a PIMA but hits ok. It's a "pump action". I also have a squonk rda called "The Fountain" v1. Has a picture of the asmodus snow wolf on it and comes from China. It is pretty sweet and the price is ~$12. It has a teeny 5mL bottle that fits into the bottom of the atty and feeds into the deck like a normal squonker. Top airflow and 4 post holes. Only drawback, IMO, is the height. I like lower profile setups.

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
@LilWhiteClouder I'm a d2l vaper too,10total(5/side) and airflow is on par with a theorem or an ice cubed. Not quite like a troll, but better than a derringer or freak show mini.and the included drip tip is hella comfy. The psotless deck took some getting used to,but I run it in single coil so its easy enough.

chuck0302

Jul 7, 2014
Rockland N.Y.
Thanks. I'll check those up too. H
@chuck0302 I have a 3D RDTA clone by HCigar that is a PIMA but hits ok. It's a "pump action". I also have a squonk rda called "The Fountain" v1. Has a picture of the asmodus snow wolf on it and comes from China. It is pretty sweet and the price is ~$12. It has a teeny 5mL bottle that fits into the bottom of the atty and feeds into the deck like a normal squonker. Top airflow and 4 post holes. Only drawback, IMO, is the height. I like lower profile setups.
thanks. I'll check those up to. How do you like the pump? I haven't heard the best things about them but they seem interesting

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Interesting is the word that drew me in. The pump action seems to work well. The only drawback for me was assembling the durn thing. I fumbled around with it the first few days and then shelved it. This was back when I was getting into dripping. Need to pull it out and play with it some more. The air holes were quite small, but was planning to drill those out a little. Almost went with "The Big Dripper" too, which has a similar "pump action". The auths can be found for pretty cheap now. I think I heard that one is a little easier to work with...

chuck0302

Jul 7, 2014
Rockland N.Y.
Thanks for all the feedback. After looking at all of them I went with the limitless because it was easier to fill. I went to buy some replacement glass from slow tech though because of a review I read and saw a cheap avacado clone as well so I got that too. For $10 hey worth a shot. I've gotten a couple decent clones from there and some terrible so I'll see. If I like it better I can Get an authentic but looked like the fill hole was too small for droppers which is why I went with the others. I'll let you guys know what I think when they come in. Limitless should be here by friday

chuck0302

Jul 7, 2014
Rockland N.Y.
I got both in. I actually reordered the real avocado 24mm because the one for, fast tech wasn't even useable. Shouldn't have been surprised. Got the real one though. The limitless is easier to fill and I get monster hits. The avocado I only built single coil though so I can fill it from the wicking hole. They are close. I do like the avocado a little better though for flavor. Both are excellent though. Seems like no matter how hard I try with a dropper I always get some on the outside of the limitless. Both are excellent though. Thanks for the recommendations.

Reactions: gpjoe

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
I have a few really good suggestions.
Sigeli Moonshot...Flavor and clouds like you wouldn't believe but the deck is terrifying to build on...not for beginners.
GeekVape Griffin...Excellent RTA, won't leak much and easy to build. Get the top air flow set.
GeekVape Eagle...Another excellent RTA. Rewickable coil heads and massive flavor
GeekVape Avocado...Can't go wrong here.
#1 suggestion: Vaporesso Gemini...this thing is amazing...easy to build on and more flavor than I've ever seen in an RTA.
I wish you well in your search.
Vape On!

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Me too, got it Saturday & after using it I'm sorry I bought the Avocado 24 cause the Limitless is so much better! After using it for a few minutes I immediately ordered another one.

I kinda feel this way too. Both of my Limitless RDTAs (one each - black and stainless) function beautifully but I can't seem to get my Avocado 24 to work without giving me dry hits. The funny thing is my Avocado 22 works great. It's a shame too because I think the Avocado looks waaaay better, with the frosted glass and lower profile.

Not giving up on the 24 just yet, but the Limitless RDTA is currently tops with me.

chuck0302

Jul 7, 2014
Rockland N.Y.
I kinda feel this way too. Both of my Limitless RDTAs (one each - black and stainless) function beautifully but I can't seem to get my Avocado 24 to work without giving me dry hits. The funny thing is my Avocado 22 works great.

Not giving up on the 24 just yet, but the Limitless RDTA is currently tops with me.
After using them both for a
Little bit I tend to agree. I don't get dry hits with the avacado. I use the short wicks like the rip trippers video shows and it works well. It also seems a bit neater than the limitless but with the same build of 2 coils I get bigger hits and better flavor with the limitless. I like the filling a bit better on the avacado because I tend to get some dribble down the side on the limitless and I get a little spit back on the limitless because the mouth piece is closer to the wicks but again the flavor and the clouds are much better on it which makes up for these shortcomings. Honestly though love both of them. I probably won't go back to a normal rda again. These are so much more convenient

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
After using them both for a
Little bit I tend to agree. I don't get dry hits with the avacado. I use the short wicks like the rip trippers video shows and it works well. It also seems a bit neater than the limitless but with the same build of 2 coils I get bigger hits and better flavor with the limitless. I like the filling a bit better on the avacado because I tend to get some dribble down the side on the limitless and I get a little spit back on the limitless because the mouth piece is closer to the wicks but again the flavor and the clouds are much better on it which makes up for these shortcomings. Honestly though love both of them. I probably won't go back to a normal rda again. These are so much more convenient

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a wick issue and I'll get it sorted - but I am currently wicking the same way as my Avocado 22, which vapes fine - with the wicks just passing through/below the juice holes. Might try shortening the wick ends on the 24 to just brush the holes and see what happens. I think the problem is there is no make-up air getting into the tank (creating a vacuum), even though I have pushed each wick to the side of the juice holes.

seek2

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
RTA or RDTA is the same. Tanks. But some tanks are much closer to drippers than others.

There are drippers with massive juice wells, but you won't be putting 5ml+ in there :p You need a tank.

Don't think I have seen the Aromamizer Supreme mentioned. Holds 7ml. Once you open up the juice holes, it dumps 1ml+ juice down into this chamber and your cotton soaks it up. Velocity posts. Huge air flow.

Steam crave did stamp RDTA on it too.

It does not leak either. As long as you close the juice holes and vape off the juice at least. You won't get dry hits either. Probably the best tank I used. It's big, though. 25mm. They do make a shorter version that holds less juice. It's on my bucket list, but even a full tank in the 7ml version can empty fast.

Highly recommended to grab both, or at least the 7ml version. Definitely won't regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread