Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
We did get a good giggle at my grandson when we came upon a 3/4 life size sculpture depicting Anubis in a crouching position....he thought it was awesome until... he looked down to see that Anubis was quite impressively, fully intact....and erect..:rolleyes:
Reminds me of a re-imagination of Anubis from a damaged scroll.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
For those who have a kindle...there is also the option of borrowing books...;)

Amazon.com Help: Borrow, Lend, and Rent Books
Thank you. I don't have a kindle. But, I will eventually. So, I'll be ready to hit the ground running.
I would rather read paper most of the time.
As would I and many others, but...sometimes one has to settle for other options and it's nice to know that it's available...;) I, for one, cannot afford to buy many books, have no room to store them, and have no library within walking distance, yet I'm still able to read...
I love the idea that I can carry a thousand books on one little tablet slipped into my purse. You don't have to decide ahead of time what book to carry with you. A thousand books ready at a moment's notice.

Plus, my bedroom is all I have now. The rest of the apartment is my daughter's. So, no more space for a dozen full sized bookcases.

But, I so love to read real, paper books! It's easier on the eyes, and it just feels so good!
What a beautiful, expressive baby!
I "borrowed" this from a mutual friend here...I hope he doesn't mind...it's very uplifting and heartwarming!:

I followed the link. They've got lots of 'em! Very nice.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
We did get a good giggle at my grandson when we came upon a 3/4 life size sculpture depicting Anubis in a crouching position....he thought it was awesome until... he looked down to see that Anubis was quite impressively, fully intact....and erect..:rolleyes:
I would love to see his expression!

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Although I'm not particularly enamored of feet....and I have no explanation why....I instilled in my children that all parts of the human body, male and female, are a thing of beauty, and nothing to be ashamed of...;) I know that my daughter has done the same. I wouldn't say he was shocked, or horrified by the display. He is almost 12, an age when hormones are beginning to take their effect on his own body. I would describe his reaction...perhaps because he was in the company of Mom and Grandma?... as being more one of surprise and a tad bit embarrassed...brief, but worthy of giggles. ;)

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
10431782_1447179545533270_1212799441_n.jpg

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Good morning everyone...:)

Good morning Fran and everyone else.

@yiddleboge6 Knowing how much you love the craft, you must have been in your glory yesterday.
Yes! It felt like coming home...:)
In addition to all of the original work, many of the artists also had prints, and cards printed with their work for sale. One booth we stopped at, the artist must have had over 100 different paintings that had been printed on heavy cards, like trading cards, for very little money. My daughter told my grandson that he could choose 5 of them and she would get them for him. When she tried to pay, the artist refused to take any money, as he was so delighted to see a young person there. He just told my grandson to choose as many as he liked and they were his to have.

I hadn't really noticed until then, but the only other young one there was the son, about 8 or 9 years old, of the artist who created Old Scratch. I have to wonder why...the price of admission was comparable to going to a movie. Such a shame that there weren't more who could come and experience the wonders that imagination can create.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Dear S ::

I am so very happy that you had a Great Day, I'm sure it was a Wonderful Trip down Memory Lane, you spend time with your Grandson and Daughter, you got out of the House, you were able to mingle with like-minded folks, you had some good discussions .. :)

I'd say you batted 1000 .. :) ..

EDIT :: I want to add that young folks getting the opportunity to mingle with Artists and other Creative people can help ignite a spark that was already there .. and spur them on to work toward what they feel they have a real interest in .. seeing someone living The Dream makes others Dream just that much closer to being felt it can be achieved .. :)

njX3Oth.jpg

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Thank you. I don't have a kindle. But, I will eventually. So, I'll be ready to hit the ground running.
Hi everybody! My first post here although I see many familiar faces. I've pretty much read most posts from the beginning and it seems to fit my beliefs and opinions really well. So if it's ok I might stay a while.

Anyway I wanted to tell you Dancing that until you get your Kindle you can download it on your PC. I have several thousand books on my ipad's Kindle. I haven't read a paper book in years. Like you said it's nice to have them with you and can choose which one to read anytime.

If your local library doesn't offer the Overdrive (ebook library) check with cities/towns close by to see if they do. My local library does not offer it but another town about 1/2 hour away does. All I had to do is go over and get their library card to join the Overdrive.

I've borrowed most of my favorite authors' books that way. All of the Grisham, Iles, Connelly, Penman and more. And they have many books as audiobooks too.

Another free online library is Welcome to Open Library | Open Library All you have to do is open an account.

And then there is the Project Gutenberg (Project Gutenberg). That group offers free ebooks whose copyright has expired. I had such fun reading some old cookbooks...the things they ate and the way they cooked them is unreal. And that group is near and dear to my heart...I am a volunteer proofreader for their ebooks.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
What .. ?? Everyone's trying to "Win from Smoant" .. ?? ;)
Na, don't need it. Let someone who will appreciate it win. Many contests lately are for stuff I won't use, unlike past contests I do use the items I won! I was actually pretty lucky and don't need to push my luck (and time) for something I won't use.

Users who are viewing this thread