Made my first coils ! Fused claptons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike .. w

Nov 3, 2016
Ok so I've made a couple just plain wire and wrapped coils. Got bored really fast lol. Decided to try to make some fused claptons. Used 2 strands of 26 g kanthal, claptoned with 36 gauge kanthal. No they ain't pretty I did it by hand , no drill. Yes it took a minute lol. They are reading .11 ohm and boy are they tasty. Before I had made a dual parallel build and was ok for flavor but I really notice a marked difference with the fused claptons. Gonna get some ss and make some for temp mode in my wife's beast rta and see if she likes. First I'm gonna get a drill though lol my fingers hurt.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Ok so I've made a couple just plain wire and wrapped coils. Got bored really fast lol. Decided to try to make some fused claptons. Used 2 strands of 26 g kanthal, claptoned with 36 gauge kanthal. No they ain't pretty I did it by hand , no drill. Yes it took a minute lol. They are reading .11 ohm and boy are they tasty. Before I had made a dual parallel build and was ok for flavor but I really notice a marked difference with the fused claptons. Gonna get some ss and make some for temp mode in my wife's beast rta and see if she likes. First I'm gonna get a drill though lol my fingers hurt.
Damn Son, by hand? Now that is motivation and dedication!

Ball bearing fishing spinners are a must and a decent drill. Grimm Green has a YouTube on making easy fused Claptons, I very highly recommend it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

Mike .. w

Nov 3, 2016
Damn Son, by hand? Now that is motivation and dedication!

Ball bearing fishing spinners are a must and a decent drill. Grimm Green has a YouTube on making easy fused Claptons, I very highly recommend it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Lol why thank you, and yes it was ridiculous, been watching some vids and definitely gonna get a drill a block of wood and a few swivels , it's on! Got a goon , just the 22 which I kinda regret now . Not that I don't love it but now that I'm kinda building I gotta have some space ! This is too much fun for real. My wife was all like what is an rda? Don't you already have like 5 tanks ? And I'm like uh yeah but it's a goon babe , a freaking goon lmao. I love it for sure just wish I had got the bigger one.

ErrrKT19

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
c.r., co
check out m.terk too, his channel on youtube is pristine builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread