Not open for further replies.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
'Morning, Sirius. :) That's the bit I thought was red.
Howdy Chooch..It looks red in pictures but actually is more like reddish brown. Like a dried blood color actually.
Close to burnt orange ...lol
I know, that makes no sence at all does it?!?
[emoji23]

dba4212cb7070735625012666ad53ead.jpg

Burnt Orange

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Makes perfect sense to me....especially since I don't know how to calibrate the color on my 'puter. I've learned "close" is good enough. Ha! :)
You should see me calibrating colors on my palate.. Yes, I'm dabbling once again. Now that I'm back in the old home turf I know where to get cheap supplies.. Hehehe
[emoji4]

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
@Kayte

1a6e986df541aabaaab50f8922c18f14.jpg

Could you identify this bit of burnt orange / reddish brown wood in this tip please?!? A PM will do if need be.
Thanks
And good morning Mountaineers!
[emoji173]

Howdy mountaineers! [emoji4]

Hey dogstar, wonder if that could be Paduak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina

Mommabird62
Idk Momma? Hope Kayte knows though.
[emoji2]

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Do you know what the other chips of wood are, Sirius?......You could call that one bit "heart wood". :)
No ..Actually I'm thinking Ms Glitter Pins parked a few chunks of exotics in some acrylic with this one...I don't know that as a fact though. Kayte may just keep me guessing just for the giggle factor.
[emoji23]

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
www.molehillmountainart.com
Good early morning! So I am very new to knowing about Molehill Mountain and just got my first one this week! Needless to say I am in love with these tips!
Now I see this thread and the Christmas tips!!!!! Maybe if I am really good there will be one for me! There will be more, right?
Hi chilicat! Welcome to the thread and make yourself at home. Glad you tracked us down and that you're enjoying your tip! What did you get? I don't remember an email signed 'chilicat'. :laugh:
There will absolutely be more Christmas tips. I look forward to making them every year! I have a few ready for this evening. :D
Hi CC :D
You're liking those huh? ;)
You bet there will be more Christmas tips ... lot's of them!! Kayte's favorite time of year ;)
You know me too well! :lol:

Yes @Kayte
There are quite a few of us that would like to see some of the more slender, narrow bore drips tips come back ;)
I'm afraid the necks have gotten a bit thicker because of the stuff I do to so many of them. The plain acrylics are the thinnest necked tips.
Seems like most people like the smaller bore tips, too. We've been trying to pay attention to what is in greatest demand, and those seem to be top.
I'm with chooch... I want a cooler vape and the 3.5mm gives me plenty of vapor, but not too warm. If it's too warm it seems to irritate the skin right behind my front teeth. :glare:
I sah the first set after I stumbled in from 11 hours on the football field cheering our teams on for there Superbowl.My grandsons team won the title for there division.:D All the boys did great:wub: we walked away with two wins and two second places and made team history by placing all teams from pee wee's to varsity in the Superbowl.:D

Since I already got so lucky Thursday I followed Chocchies example and resisted.I would like everyone to get one of those wonderful Christmas tips that D&K are creating.:)

Good morning Smilie and welcome to our new Mountaineer familie member CC.:)
Congrats to your grandsons! YAY! And you are one wonderful, devoted grandma to spend 11 hours out there cheering!
smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

Naw, I just really want one of those "Flames" :)

And I'm just not big on having a "holiday themed" DT ;) (sorry Kayte :oops: )
Haha! You don't have to be sorry.
Good morning mountaineers!

A little slow today but running errands [emoji4]

Welcome to the mountain Chili and congrats on your snags [emoji4]

This little cutie pie has stared at me long enough from the site so I decided that she wanted a home here in NC [emoji6]

0ad7081cf2a995f78763cd531e15e6ec.jpg

Y'all have a great day and I'll be back and catch up later [emoji4]

Mommabird62
Thanks mommab! Have you gotten it yet? I thought the true color is so much nicer than the photo shows. Candy apple red is how I saw it. I hope you like it in person!
I don't drink coffee, but I didn't want to see you disappointed Chooch! :laugh:

11.jpg

10486582-christmas-reindeer-drawing-on-latte-art-coffee-cup-Stock-Photo.jpg

Hi everyone! :)
Those are so neat! Almost makes me want a cup of coffee. :laugh:

Back.....and out of shape for shopping. :( Will not go out the door again until Thanksgiving. This champion shopper is giving up her title.....gladly! All I did was visit a couple of B&M's. Got caught up on the local gossip and bought some juice. Then it was off to T.J.Maxx. Nothing. Then to J.C.Penney to buy some long sleeved T's on sale. That's it! I've become a wimpy shopper, ladies. I foresee checks in the future for the "kids" presents. Better than me exhausting myself buying the wrong thing!

I wouldn't leave until the mail came today because Fall Bliss and Holly Berries were due in. OMG! Magnificent! Stupendous! I will describe tomorrow when I have the energy to give their descriptions their proper due. Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Love at first sight. :)
I've never been much of a shopper. These days I do most of my Christmas shopping online. I'm only in danger of wearing my clicker finger out. :laugh:

YAY for the tips arriving and being instantly loved! Thanks chooch! :wub:
Good morning, Dale and Chooch. Another lovely, albeit cold, day! Thanks for the coffee; it's exactly what I needed and is delish!

Chooch, that tip is so pretty. Our leaves are just about all down, now, but it absolutely reflects the glories of a perfect fall day :).

Off to the races! My Dad is coming in, this morning, to spend Thanksgiving with us. I'm so looking forward to his visit! Wish me luck, though-- he's almost 82, and has twice the energy that I do!
Have a wonderful time with your dad! I couldn't ever keep up with mine either. :facepalm: ;)
@Kayte

Could you identify this bit of burnt orange / reddish brown wood in this tip please?!? A PM will do if need be.
Thanks
And good morning Mountaineers!
[emoji173]

Doug says it's mostly maple burl and the reddish brown is red wood burl. :D

Mommabird62
Not Paduak. Doug won't make any tips out of woods that are known problems. Paduak can be very problematic for a lot of people. Besides, while it starts out bright, beautiful orange, it doesn't take that long before it changes to brown. It's a nice brown, but kind of disappointing after the lovely orange.
No ..Actually I'm thinking Ms Glitter Pins parked a few chunks of exotics in some acrylic with this one...I don't know that as a fact though. Kayte may just keep me guessing just for the giggle factor.
[emoji23]

Who me? :angel::pervy:
Better behave Mr. Hamhands. I'm keepin' an eye on you.

I'll have tips this evening. 6pm MT. (There won't be any on Thursday, of course!)

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Hi chilicat! Welcome to the thread and make yourself at home. Glad you tracked us down and that you're enjoying your tip! What did you get? I don't remember an email signed 'chilicat'. [emoji23]
There will absolutely be more Christmas tips. I look forward to making them every year! I have a few ready for this evening. :D

You know me too well! [emoji38]

I'm afraid the necks have gotten a bit thicker because of the stuff I do to so many of them. The plain acrylics are the thinnest necked tips.
Seems like most people like the smaller bore tips, too. We've been trying to pay attention to what is in greatest demand, and those seem to be top.
I'm with chooch... I want a cooler vape and the 3.5mm gives me plenty of vapor, but not too warm. If it's too warm it seems to irritate the skin right behind my front teeth. :glare:

Congrats to your grandsons! YAY! And you are one wonderful, devoted grandma to spend 11 hours out there cheering!

Haha! You don't have to be sorry.

Thanks mommab! Have you gotten it yet? I thought the true color is so much nicer than the photo shows. Candy apple red is how I saw it. I hope you like it in person!

Those are so neat! Almost makes me want a cup of coffee. [emoji23]

I've never been much of a shopper. These days I do most of my Christmas shopping online. I'm only in danger of wearing my clicker finger out. [emoji23]

YAY for the tips arriving and being instantly loved! Thanks chooch! :wub:

Have a wonderful time with your dad! I couldn't ever keep up with mine either. :facepalm: ;)

Doug says it's mostly maple burl and the reddish brown is red wood burl. :D

Not Paduak. Doug won't make any tips out of woods that are known problems. Paduak can be very problematic for a lot of people. Besides, while it starts out bright, beautiful orange, it doesn't take that long before it changes to brown. It's a nice brown, but kind of disappointing after the lovely orange.

Who me? :angel:[emoji14]ervy:
Better behave Mr. Hamhands. I'm keepin' an eye on you.

I'll have tips this evening. 6pm MT. (There won't be any on Thursday, of course!)
[emoji23]
Okay good enough answer Kayte!
[emoji173] [emoji2]

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Let me tell you, Kayte. Doesn't seem to matter how narrow the bore is. If you're at 40 watts, you've got a mouth full of lava! Somehow my Coolfire got bumped to 40 watts....unbeknownst to me, and I took a nice long toot. Holy cow! Great Jehoshaphat! Hubby walks in and wonders why my eyes are bugging out and my mouth stretched opened as wide as it will go....and I'm making these little panting noises trying to clear that hot devil's vapor from my mouth. All I got to say is that it's a good thing I'm not a lung hitter. Gad, I'd been floored for sure.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Let me tell you, Kayte. Doesn't seem to matter how narrow the bore is. If you're at 40 watts, you've got a mouth full of lava! Somehow my Coolfire got bumped to 40 watts....unbeknownst to me, and I took a nice long toot. Holy cow! Great Jehoshaphat! Hubby walks in and wonders why my eyes are bugging out and my mouth stretched opened as wide as it will go....and I'm making these little panting noises trying to clear that hot devil's vapor from my mouth. All I got to say is that it's a good thing I'm not a lung hitter. Gad, I'd been floored for sure.
[emoji23] [emoji100]

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Oh I've been meaning to find out something for you Ms Glitter...errm, Kayte lol
[emoji23]

Theses a way for you to add the web site to each photo..I'll email Andrea aka MadMixtress at TPR and find out if you'd like...She does that for the FOTW somehow. Posts a pic of the juice and if you click on it, it takes you right to the site!
Kuel huh? BTW, awesome tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread