Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
Placed another order with clay. Raven, Ruins, Sun Dried Turkish, Speaking Spirit, Izmir, VaPeOr, French Blonde, French Brune & Poliu.

Also got a bulk order of coils at approx. £1 each. Think I may be needing them!

But do I really need to steep for 3 months!?

Also got a bulk load of El Puros coming anytime now. That also benefits from a good steep.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Three months is what I use for cigar extracts. To me, it is when they start to shine. On pipe or cigarette extracts, a month or so is when I like them best. Although, I usually try them fresh out of the mail and if needed, put away for a week or two. If I enjoy it, vape away. If not, I repeat that process until I find my sweet spot for that particular liquid. That's just how I do it. Everyone has their own tastes and a liquid I think may need age someone else might think is good fresh and visa-versa.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Placed another order with clay. Raven, Ruins, Sun Dried Turkish, Speaking Spirit, Izmir, VaPeOr, French Blonde, French Brune & Poliu.

Also got a bulk order of coils at approx. £1 each. Think I may be needing them!

But do I really need to steep for 3 months!?

Also got a bulk load of El Puros coming anytime now. That also benefits from a good steep.

No, I find all of those very vapable, out of the mailbox.. BUT, as with all NETs they are BETTER after a bit of aging. How long you wait is up to you and your bank account.

Reactions: Vicman

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
On pipe or cigarette extracts, a month or so is when I like them best.

Me too. I give pipe extracts a month before I taste then wait another coupla weeks. As you mentioned cigars do need their time alone...

Taste changes depending. My first bottle of RBFS St. James Parish was a headbanger after a month or so then it really mellowed out. Seems like I preferred the sooner version more.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
Taste changes depending. My first bottle of RBFS St. James Parish was a headbanger after a month or so then it really mellowed out. Seems like I preferred the sooner version more.
You have some self-restraint! I had a few bottles of it during the liquidation sale and both bottles were gone before a month...:(
I couldn't keep my hands off the stuff no matter how hard I tried!:lol:
Great juice fresh from the box!

Reactions: 67Tele

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Man all this RFBS talk really has me missing those guys hope we see them pop back up soon. Guess it's time to break into my bottle of Dagwood's Wife on my lunch break!

I might be interested in PIFing some RBFS but they are all 16 mg and I am in Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ThePulver

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Has a new list been compiled? What are the top 25?

I note that the first post in this thread has an "A Tier." At that time, was that the best available?

Yes, at that time. The goto list was the Netty Award thread. That, unfortunately was ruined by a Vendor allegedly stuffing the ballot box. Made doubly worse by ruining all the hard work Cinire put into it after being roped in.

Now we just click our ruby slippers together and repeat the phrase, " Taste is subjective " over and over until someone gets us a toot of Patriot. then we're home. :vapor: :)

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Its a matter. The reward thread helped me very much to find the first really good nets i have ever tried. Before this i have wasted a lot of money to find a good tobacco juice.

This board is awesome. Now i am trying to extract my first 11 own juices. Have never thought that it goes so fast with the evolution of my vaping quality.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Yes, at that time. The goto list was the Netty Award thread. That, unfortunately was ruined by a Vendor allegedly stuffing the ballot box. Made doubly worse by ruining all the hard work Cinire put into it after being roped in.

Now we just click our ruby slippers together and repeat the phrase, " Taste is subjective " over and over until someone gets us a toot of Patriot. then we're home. :vapor: :)
Thank you boomer. Yes, this years NETty Awards turned into a fiasco, and I'm sorry it happened. I tried, but I won't let a simple fun pole for the benefit of my fellow NET lovers be turned into a marketing ploy.

The thread should still be out there, something like "The Third annual NETty Awards". Aside from the trash, you should still be able to read the votes. Somewhere here is a post (by me) of the results (minus the trash), that might help you. I will see if I can find it...

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Reactions: clnire

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
I know this has been discussed in this thread before, but I want to put a little bit of a different twist in it and ask a question:
The general consensus seems to be that Black Note juice is good, but not $29/30ml good, and it's more of a marketing ploy than a really special liquid.
Now, I became a fan of BN after I bought the notebook, and I am thinking of reordering, HOWEVER, the price is indeed steep.
So, my question is the following: If somebody here is a BN fan also, which one of the lower cost vendors' products compare to Black Note? Net.com?
I definitely don't want to overpay, but at the same time I just dumped probably a quart of experimental and impulsive purchases and I don't want to end up doing that again.
Your help and insightful input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edit: I've already tried GEJ - analog and that didn't quite do it for me. Same for HHV - had 2 samplers and found them to lack TH and flavor.

Last edited:

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
I think the BN are good but the juices from net.com are awesome because the tobacco taste from net.com is much stronger, realistic and better. Also i think the BN are very sweet and they have not much volume in the taste. If you are searching for a mild juice like the BN i would prefer big spirit or pur virginia. Mild but a little bit more spicy is the sun cured turkish and also all burleys and virginias are pretty good. And if you want a very strong tobacco taste, ty out the smoked latakia and the dark fired. Its dark tobacco with a lot of smokiness, because they are fire cured. I like these fire cured tobaccos very much with a cup of coffee. All these juices are much better than BN, but its only my taste.

BN is expensive. The packaging, the certificate are things you are paying for. Do you want to vape or have a nice packaging ? In my eyes a certifcate means nothing. Only analysis results from each charge could be a reason for this price, but i dont think that they are doing this.

but at the same time I just dumped probably a quart of experimental and impulsive purchases and I don't want to end up doing that again.

I have searched a long time and have wasted a lot of money. I have tried BN, ethervape, GEJ, HOL and some other but the best juices are from net.com.

Last edited:

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
I think the BN are good but the juices from net.com are awesome because the tobacco taste from net.com is much stronger, realistic and better. Also i think the BN are very sweet and they have not much volume in the taste. If you are searching for a mild juice like the BN i would prefer big spirit or pur virginia. Mild but a little bit more spicy is the sun cured turkish and also all burleys and virginias are pretty good. And if you want a very strong tobacco taste, ty out the smoked latakia and the dark fired. Its dark tobacco with a lot of smokiness, because they are fire cured. I like these fire cured tobaccos very much with a cup of coffee. All these juices are much better than BN, but its only my taste.

BN is expensive. The packaging, the certificate are things you are paying for. Do you want to vape or have a nice packaging ? In my eyes a certifcate means nothing. Only analysis results from each charge could be a reason for this price, but i dont think that they are doing this.

I have searched a long time and have wasted a lot of money. I have tried BN, ethervape, GEJ, HOL and some other but the best juices are from net.com.[/QUOTе]

Thank you, this is really helpful. At a minimum, I will put in an order for a couple of samplers from NET

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread