New Aspire Nautilus 2 tank just released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
You can check it out here: Aspire - Aspire Nautilus 2
2.png

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
So it seems to be depending on the threads at the top of the coil to screw the cover on. I bet pulling the coil out when trying to refill is going to be a problem here.
The coil is screwed into the bottom of the unit so that it is top fill. To replace the coil, you have to empty the tank.

Reactions: NotSoMini

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
The inherent flaw in this thing is the coil placement. What do you do when you unscrew the top to fill and the coil comes out of its base? Is their enough room for your fingers to reinsert it? This happens with the original Nautilus but being bottom-fillers you can at least reinsert the coil easily.

Reactions: David Wolf

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
I have a tank with a coil that has a similar configuration and as long as the coil is properly tightened I have not had any issues. Interesting observation @KODIAK (TM) had me looking closer at the design on the Aspire site.
Doesn't seem to matter how tight I keep the coils on the full size nautilus or mini after each fill. They still get stuck in the shaft every so often.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
The Mini does on rare occasions get stuck in the chimney but the Nautilus X doesn't get stuck to the top cap and drip tip. I have a Kanger Pangu tank that has a long coil and it doesn't get stuck to the top either. Only time the coils have come out was when they were not properly tightened. At least in my experience as we all know YMMV.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I actually got excited when I saw this.. but the looks are kind of meh, don't you think? Also, only 2ml! I haven't seen any news on a 4ml adapter like the X.
The X dry hits a fair bit, but this uses regular naut coils..
The only new coil I can see in the lineup is the 0.7 ohm (which will probably be amazing).
So this new Naut 2 can use nautilus bvc/bdc/triton mini bvc/naut 2 bvc. But apparently they are all interchangeable which is cool. For now I think i will just try the new 0.7's on my current nautilus and coming peakomiser.. I am so over buying 2ml tanks, especially at 22mm, last one was the smok, great tank, needs more capacity. I know i know, TPD compliance, but the glass comes out, so even though it's covered, they could extend it by offering an expansion set that comes with a bigger glass, and an extra bit of metal in the colour one chooses, that could line up with the main tank. I really hope they do it. Then i'll try it.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
@KODIAK (TM) check to see if the chimney is slightly out of line on the Mini because I had one that got run over by a car and it was slightly bent and caused the coil to stick when removing the bottom.
I have a naut mini here and a naut, and the steel pattern tank replacement for both. In the full size naut with glass, the coil unscrews with the base. In the full size naut with the pattern metal sleeve, it gets stuck in chimney. All codes have been checked and are authentic. In the mini, whether using glass OR metal sleeve, it gets stuck 90% of the time i chimney. Neither has ever been dropped. It's a well known naut issue and really quite common. It even happens in the plato, true. It happened to a plato reviewer in real time lol!

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I can count on one hand the times I've had a head stick in the chimney on any nautilus, triton mini or kabuki and I've used them since they came out.

But, I crank down on the heads when I install them in the base, very snugly almost as tight as I can get them with thumb & index/trigger finger.
Nope, never had a leak or any seepage from doing so.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
It is a rare occurrence for me although it does happen but not enough for me to bash my favorite tanks.
No tank is perfect, the nautilus was a revelation, and many of us tootlers still use them, believe me.! I think it might have been the most popular MTL tank of all time actually. The other great thing about them, because they are a true MTL with low airflow, you can use very high nic juice in them to get a genuine unfiltered cig type throat hit, without feeling dizzy or anything. They will always have their place in the vaping world, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread