NHaler - Proper Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny H

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
www.e-cigarette-stores.com
Ok lets get things started here and talk about proper use of the NHaler series and get ideas going on it.

It seems that we all have some opinions on how to use these things and make them last longer and I'm sure with all of us we can come up with some suggestions and see what works best.

Our objective here will be to reduce the amount of cart purchases and make use of juices.

Of course this requires maintenance and if you don't want to bother with maintenance than I suggest just purchasing new carts and disposing them and they are certainly cheap enough to do that so it's an easy personal decision for yourself.

At any rate I want to discuss CART ROTATION, I think this will make a huge difference, battery strength , if your battery is weak you will think the problem is something else and make mistakes with it, juice filling, improper use of juice.

First of all we must understand what the atomizer is made of and how it works to properly maintain it, this includes the juice contents and how and why the juice is glycerin based.

An Atomizer or Cartomizer is made up of:

a tiny wick
a wire wrapped around the wick (glow plug I'll call it)
a cloth wrapping
a cotton wrap
the outer steel casing.

The wick here is the key to the entire operation. If the wick goes dry it burns, once the wick is burnt the cartomizer is dead so the whole idea is to keep the wick damp at all times without burning it.

My idea to fixing this is cartomizer rotation. When i received my 5 packages of 5 cartomizers i separated them into flavors so i would have each package of 5 contain 5 different flavors, so now i have 5 white cartons with each white carton containing 5 different flavors. 1 carton of 5 represents my day of smoking.

I start off my first day with a package of 5 and during the day i rotate the 5 cartomizers so as not to spend all day on just one but to rotate em enough so they don't burn up all in one day. In other words i know that if i only had two with me for the day i would know that i would burn up at least one and make it dry and this is what i am trying to prevent.

At the end of the first day or the next morning i put all my used cartomizers back in the white box (put the protective covers back on), i use a pen and write the number 1 on it and take a new box for my second day.

I repeat this for 5 days rotating the cartomizers continuously for 3 uses or a total of 15 days.

After using each box three times i take them all out and add 5 drops of juice to each cart replacing the protective plastic covers of course and start the rotating process all over again.

I bet by doing this you can have your carts last for a long time without burning them up. If you do burn them however just throw them away, they are spent.

Although this may seem like a lot of work to you i think that rotation is important. The wick material in these things are not that absorbent, it's not like a wick from the lanterns we used to have, its different and the reason is that it has to withstand the smoking process, that is the glow plug being on for 20 seconds or so. Thats like taking your lighter to light a lantern wick for 20 seconds, it would burn the wick.

The other part of this is fuel, that is the juice. The juice is glycerin based as we know. If this juice was a wax, well that wouldn't work, if it was water based it would evaporate, but because it is glycerin it works but i believe the glycerin has one disadvantage and that is the wick doesn't absorb the juice all that fast and this is why we need to rotate them, to give the wick time to absorb the juice so it won't burn.

Battery Strength, The battery must be fully charged, a couple hours just won't do. Heres a story for ya.

My wife and i are both using these. We each take out brand new cartomizers and mine is working great, she can't even get a vape out of hers so what does she do, she adds more juice, now it doesn't do a thing.

I took her cart off her battery, i blow out all the juice she just added and put the cart on my battery and of course it worked great.

She then took out her other battery from the charger and used that cart and it worked fine all day.

So to conclude, if it's hard to puff try a new battery first, this may just help you out and save you from all that juice.

Now that I've been writing for over an hour with a thousand interruptions from my better half i hope you can understand what i just wrote. lol

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Danny
I dont know whether to kiss u or scream at u!
I guess I'll kiss XXOO
This is gonna drop sales...but thats ok
Thats a great method...After reading your post yesterday about rotating..itook 4 carts and 2 batts when I left the house today (when my wife told me my eyes looked swollen from starring at the computer for 3 days)
I did what you said but with just 4...I actually only used 2, but I vaped them a little at a time rotating the use...And cheated and smoked 2 anologs also...But i did notice neither got hot or burdt taste until I got home and started power hitting it...I think that the batteries without the cutoff will burn the carts faster than the glycerine will wick to the glow plug as you call it...You did a great job with this guy, and I really reallly apreciate it.... I mean REALLY...Thanks Again..Good Job

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
This is gonna drop sales...

I wouldn't worry about that Drew. I for one can't be bothered with all of that at the moment. If there's a ban, well that changes the game, but for now it's smoke 'em and toss 'em. I might add a few drops to a cart here and there, but since I use this device primarily whilst I'm traveling, I don't fuss with them too much.

I'm sure I'm not the only one either. What I am interested in trying are those Greencig Carts. I'll have to place an order for a 10 pack, and some other stuff while I'm at it.

I'd like to add that when these carts first came out, they really did equal about a pack of smokes...give or take obviously, but every one of the original 15 that I had lasted me a full day. This isn't a knock on you Drew, I know you don't make these things. It's just unfortunate that the manufacturer's quality has slipped as the product's popularity has gained momentum.

Last edited:

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Thanks Danny. I've tried every other method on this forum to make the kr808 cartomizers last more than one or two refills, might as well give this one a shot too.

Bri, I've noticed a drop in the quality too - the fresh ones don't seem to last as long, and I definitely don't get 5 or so refills like I used to.

I have a feeling that my problem is that I tend to "power hit" 'em like Drew was talking about and they just cant' take much of that. I try to take it easy, but they're sooo good. Much better flavor than any of the 3 piece models I've tried.

I'm really looking forward to my Green Tech cart order. Maybe then all my vapin dreams will come true ;-)

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Man...I hate to sound like big a**hole but only noobs rotate atos and think they will get longer life out of them.....sorry. And I am talking about even the regular atos....forget about the disposable cartomizers. Atos have a number of puffs you can get out of them before they kick the bucket...with regular 901 atos for example it is usually around 2500 and with the disposables like the kr808d it is around 250 before they start burning the cart. With atos you can get the most out of them by keeping them moist all the time without choking them...same way with the cartomizers. All the rotating in the world won't help extend their life. Let say you go through atos at a rate 1 every 15 days. By rotating 2 atos you'll go through an average of 2 every 30 days....it is the same difference. But because on day 15 both of your atos are working you'll think incorrectly that you have extended their life...but in reality you haven't...since by around day 30 both of them will kick the bucket.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Man...I hate to sound like big a**hole but only noobs ...

Sorry dude, but that's exactly what you sound like. noob is not a nice word. No need to be calling people names. And if you don't think this method will work there are better ways to say so.

As you obviously know, these things don't have regular attys in them. If he wants to experiment a bit to get more life out of 'em - more power to him. Danny sounds more than competent enough to do the basic math for himself.

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
No offense to anyone, but I happen to agree with EDO. I have been using this model for 3 months and have tried everything to extend the life. These cartomizers (not just Drew's, but all) used to be much better. I still have 1 or 2 of the originals that I bought and I get way more life out of them than the newer ones. My current usage: I use one new cart every day, and 1 or 2 that I'm topping off.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Edo,
If you read carefully, hes not saying that rotating is going to majically make them last longer...Hes saying that they wont burn, because the rotation gives the batting a chance to absorb into the center where the wire or glow plug is most hot...The base of the ingredients is mostly Glycerine which is Thicker than PG and therefore harder to wick into the center...The rotation is merely an absorbtion process...The example of a 901 attomizer would have no relevance as to explanation of batting absorbtion?
Danny is obviiously a critical thinker and I thought it was brilliant observation.
I dont disagree with you that there are some QC issues with the company..They went from waiting for the next order to come in, one day, to having 3 -10,000 piece orders to fill the next!
I would imagine they have some issues there.......

Last edited:

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Thanks for the info guys. I didn't know the base was mostly Glycerin. I always wondered why a fresh cart had that nice sweet taste which I love, but lost it as soon as I started topping off with Carolina Tobacco (which was supposed to be the same stuff.) Maybe I should try a sweeter tobacco flavored liquid.

Anyone got a favorite, slightly sweet, M'boro liquid I should try?

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
I completely agree with Danny's assessment of the situation and also with his notion that rotating the carts prevents the burning taste from happening as quickly as it does when a single cart is vaped non stop. I think his reasoning is sound, and his method probably works. I do it to a certain extent, I typically carry two KR carts and batts and alternate when I vape. What I don't do is rotate packs of carts, but I absolutely rotate regular atomizers for my 801, and 901. And I've been using one of my 801 atomizers since the first week in March. One of my Original 901 atomizers from February only recently failed. There's no mean time to failure, there's no given number of uses...they're all entirely hit or miss.

Crap - it took me so long to type that we're already past it...

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
I know this sounds gross initially ...But I think it will be an all time favorite eventually...Also Cuban Apple

Yup, it sounds gross 8-o

Not that I doubt your sincerity Drew, but I'm not sure I'm adventurous enough to order that combo. lol.

I was considering your Western Tobacco or maybe JC Tennesee Cured. Slightly sweet tobacco would be nice.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Edo,
If you read carefully, hes not saying that rotating is going to majically make them last longer...Hes saying that they wont burn, because the rotation gives the batting a chance to absorb into the center where the wire or glow plug is most hot...The base of the ingredients is mostly Glycerine which is Thicker than PG and therefore harder to wick into the center...The rotation is merely an absorbtion process...The example of a 901 attomizer would have no relevance as to explanation of batting absorbtion?
Danny is obviiously a critical thinker and I thought it was brilliant observation.
I dont disagree with you that there are some QC issues with the company..They went from waiting for the next order to come in, one day, to having 3 -10,000 piece orders to fill the next!
I would imagine they have some issues there.......

Drew...what Danny suggesting is like....lets say i take a ten hits off new 901 cart and it seems like it needs to be topped off....but I won't top it off I'll let it sit there and use another new cart while the other one wicks...and then when that one needs to be topped off...I'll get another new cart and so and so forth...instead of topping it off. You will eventually have to topp off all of them....whether you do it now or later...you have to top off to keep the cart moist.

I heavilly used an ato for three months 5ml a day before it died and I have had atos that last two days. I tried rotating 4 of the crappy atos....guess what on day 7 through 9 they all kicked the bucket. People think they can extend the life of their atos by rotating them....this just isn;t true. And when a cart needs to be topped off....you top it off...waiting for it wick is asking for trouble specially with the kr808d carts. You'll forget how many hits you took off each of the carts...you'll get the carts mixed up....and then you'll vape some of them more than you should. You have to make sure the KR cart is moist before vaping and regularly top off and then throw it away after 200 or so vapes. I have taken apart each cart I have vaped....If you don't top off from the beginning you'll burn the cart within the first thirty hits...since most of them are dry to begin with. All the waiting in the world won't make the whole of the cart moist.

Edit: You guys are almost assuming that whatever is in the cart that is it...If that was the case I can see going through all the acrobatics that Danny suggested. But you can very easily top this things off from the battery end...add a few drop in the beginning to make sure the cart is moist and every thirty hits add four drops and throw it away after 200 hits. Believe me if you do it any other way....you'll burn the cart for sure.

Last edited:

Danny H

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Danny
I dont know whether to kiss u or scream at u!
I guess I'll kiss XXOO
This is gonna drop sales...but thats ok
Thats a great method...After reading your post yesterday about rotating..itook 4 carts and 2 batts when I left the house today (when my wife told me my eyes looked swollen from starring at the computer for 3 days)
I did what you said but with just 4...I actually only used 2, but I vaped them a little at a time rotating the use...And cheated and smoked 2 anologs also...But i did notice neither got hot or burdt taste until I got home and started power hitting it...I think that the batteries without the cutoff will burn the carts faster than the glycerine will wick to the glow plug as you call it...You did a great job with this guy, and I really reallly apreciate it.... I mean REALLY...Thanks Again..Good Job
You won't have a problem with sales. These are good and the juice will sell.

Yeah i suppose if you hit on it for 40 seconds youll do a good job burning it up. Well, thats what were here to discuss..lol

Dont worry chief, you ll be alright. lol

Im in the second day now, new carts and we ll see how they go.

Danny H

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Drew...what Danny suggesting is like....lets say i take a ten hits off new 901 cart and it seems like it needs to be topped off....but I won't top it off I'll let it sit there and use another new cart while the other one wicks...and then when that one needs to be topped off...I'll get another new cart and so and so forth...instead of topping it off. You will eventually have to topp off all of them....whether you do it now or later...you have to top off to keep the cart moist.

I heavilly used an ato for three months 5ml a day before it died and I have had atos that last two days. I tried rotating 4 of the crappy atos....guess what on day 7 through 9 they all kicked the bucket. People think they can extend the life of their atos by rotating them....this just isn;t true. And when a cart needs to be topped off....you top it off...waiting for it wick is asking for trouble specially with the kr808d carts. You'll forget how many hits you took off each of the carts...you'll get the carts mixed up....and then you'll vape some of them more than you should. You have to make sure the KR cart is moist before vaping and regularly top off and then throw it away after 200 or so vapes. I have taken apart each cart I have vaped....If you don't top off from the beginning you'll burn the cart within the first thirty hits...since most of them are dry to begin with. All the waiting in the world won't make the whole of the cart moist.

Edit: You guys are almost assuming that whatever is in the cart that is it...If that was the case I can see going through all the acrobatics that Danny suggested. But you can very easily top this things off from the battery end...add a few drop in the beginning to make sure the cart is moist and every thirty hits add four drops and throw it away after 200 hits. Believe me if you do it any other way....you'll burn the cart for sure.

Fellows, FELLOWS, this is only a discussion on finding out the best ways to use these things without getting the burn taste. I'm only suggesting that it may work. Here is my reasoning:

When i first got this thing i took 2 carts to work with me. In 3 hours the first cart was toast, 3 more hours the second was toast, and now i have to throw them away, there dead, we can all agree that when the cart is BURNT to throw it away, right, right...

Now if I take 5 carts with me and rotate them, the wick has time to play caught up and soak some more juice, that is all.

My wife is using a BE112, a three piece. When she used it for a while it tasted dry, so she pulled out the cotton and low and behold all the juice that was in it was in the top half of the cotton. If she adds more juice to it she will be fine.

In these though we have a different problem, we have a wick. If we run out of juice near the wick area the wick will burn up.

The problem is how do we save the cart and know exactly when it time to add the juice before this happens, well we don't.

So I'm suggesting to give the cart a little break, time for the juice to find it's way back to the wick before it burns, thats all!

Will this idea work? Well, only time will tell. EDO, you may be completely right, the glycerin may never find its way back to the wick and it may just die.

Actually they will die at some point, they are built to die, they are made to die, but if we can get a few more puffs out of em then why not try.

Like i said, Im all for just buying fresh carts all the time and tossing them, but if so, why do i have 5 bottles of juice here? lol

Maybe they don't work the way i said at all, well if they don't then teach me, please. Im here to learn like you.

netdragon

Apr 8, 2009
Buffalo, NY
ok so i think it was my fault reading some of these posts. after every weekend i take all my attys to work and blow them out with the air compressor. after i do that i usaully drip jiuce on the to keep them wet. well i just put a atty together and must of forgot to put juice on it after blowing it out. it work for 2 puffs then cold as ice. i took the batt off and change with fresh one still nothing. So i can say my first atty dies. Note to self dont forget to drip after blowing out attys. :oops:
hope this help
DJ

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Danny I have taken apart every single KR cart I have vaped...I have burned every single on of them until recently. Only in the last couple of weeks I have been doing well and not burning them up. Some of these carts are filled well...about 20%...most of them aren't. Did you seen the pic that Wegster took of a brand new cart after 12 drags.....well the cart was burnt completely through. All the waiting in the world wouldn't have saved the cart. Danny try this....it is better for you to add the liquid before you ever start vaping....add enough to get the cart looking moist but not wet....if you added too much blow out the liquid. Once the cart looks moist put the cart back together and start vaping...every 30 hits add 4 drops of liquid....throw away after 200 or so hits. It is far easier and safer to preemptively to add liquid before risking the cart getting dry....since as soon as the cart becomes remotely dry....you'll burn through the cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread