Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
In respect to Rossum, the fish was only a canary, an indicator that there isnt a bunch of nic floating around in my air.

Airborne nicotine - that would save me a bunch of money if I didn't have to buy mods and atomizers.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Still trying to decide on the JAC mod. But did also find this DNA 75 for $40....Might be smaller than the JAC

LAVABOX M DNA 75 Blood Red Box Mod - VOLCANO e-Cigs

Airborne nicotine - that would save me a bunch of money if I didn't have to buy mods and atomizers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXXMWPE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dont laugh, it "could" be made to work nicely if Mods became extinct.

As one who diffuses daily (hourly?), I'm not quite sure nic would work in a diffuser. Love to hear how it "could" do.

Even easier yet, howzabout I design a patch that y'all could just slap right onto your arm? ;)

Mike - where'd ya find the canaryfish? I've been looking for one. :smokie:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
As one who diffuses daily (hourly?), I'm not quite sure nic would work in a diffuser. Love to hear how it "could" do.

On the other hand, why in the hell would one WANT to. We already have a marvelous nic delivery system that replicates the smoking experience. I believe that's what most people want.

:facepalm:
The original first ecig was an ultrasonic device, before they started using coils, same principle as these things. I too use them daily for the aroma. I feel fairly confident I could adapt it to work.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
The original first ecig was an ultrasonic device, before they started using coils, same principle as these things. I too use them daily for the aroma. I feel fairly confident I could adapt it to work.

If i had to...

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

If i had to...

Thanks, Mike.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Unfortunately Hurricane Irma has probably invalidated my Florida samples -- I know my place down there has no power and it would not surprise me if that didn't change for a week or more, so the freezer set there will be coming up to room temperature (whatever that is w/o AC). I'll report on those when I get back down there after the power comes back on. Then again, the primary purpose of that sample set was to see if there's a difference between rebottling in glass vs. keeping the nic in its original PET bottles....

We lost power for most of two days during Irma. The second day I fired up my 5000 watt generator to run the fridge and freezer and lights for a while. Both are less than a year old, so energy efficient and all that. I was able to keep both running most of the day. After the first day the fridge, which usually reads 0 on the freezer section and 37 on the fridge section was showing 38 and 60. The dedicated freezer that hadn't been opened was showing 23 (usually 0). We got power back later the second night. There are still areas without power around Macon as of yesterday.

Being overly cautious we threw out a lot of perishable food. I would say that your nic and mixed juices should be fine. Nic and PG/VG do fine without refrigeration. Coloration may advance, though.

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I never re-bottle anything, Nic arrives, gets wrapped in multiple layers of bubble wrap and into the freezer it goes. The bubble wrap is for safety and for insulation. The beloved Mrs CMD demands a self defrosting freezer and my goal is to keep the Nic with as little temperature variation as possible - not to mention a desire for domestic tranquility.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
@Rossum, I haven't read this whole thread... have you titrated any of your samples?
No, because that would require opening them, which would introduce more air/oxygen, and is not representative of typical long-term storage in a sealed bottle. If/when the time comes and I call it quits with any given set of samples, I may very well do that.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
No, because that would require opening them, which would introduce more air/oxygen, and is not representative of typical long-term storage in a sealed bottle. If/when the time comes and I call it quits with any given set of samples, I may very well do that.
Understood. If anyone else does this, it might be a good idea to set aside some 15ml bottles for periodic testing. I have some question as to if amber = degraded nic level (of significance, obviously there is some)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Understood. If anyone else does this, it might be a good idea to set aside some 15ml bottles for periodic testing. I have some question as to if amber = degraded nic level (of significance, obviously there is some)

I just bottled up my two liters in 8oz glass Boston Rounds today. The liter nic bottles were ordered Summer 2016. I've been mixing from one liter and the other had never been opened. Both are the same shade of amber and at my 3mg mix strength there's little throat hit at my 10W vaping levels.

I had a dozen brown and a dozen clear Boston Rounds and chose the clear so that I could see the color. IMO, if it's wrapped well and sealed inside a box then light degradation isn't going to be a factor. Once a bottle is removed from the freezer for use and opened it can be stored inside a box to prevent further light exposure.

NicPic.jpg

Last edited:

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I just bottled up my two liters in 8oz glass Boston Rounds today. The liter nic bottles were ordered Summer 2016. I've been mixing from one liter and the other had never been opened. Both are the same shade of amber and at my 3mg mix strength there's little throat hit at my 10W vaping levels.

I had a dozen brown and a dozen clear Boston Rounds and chose the clear so that I could see the color. IMO, if it's wrapped well and sealed inside a box then light degradation isn't going to be a factor. Once a bottle is removed from the freezer for use and opened it can be stored inside a box to prevent further light exposure.

View attachment 691841
Did you do a titration test?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Did you do a titration test?

No. I decided to trust the vendor and my own reaction to the nic effect. After 7 years of vaping and not smoking when I switched from retail juice to DIY a year ago it still keeps me from even thinking about a smoke! :)

Mine came from MyFreedomSmokes, FWIW. They state that testing is done on all nic from outside sources before sale. As long as it's smooth and keeps me from thinking about smoking, I'm happy.

MyFreedomSmokes – Interview with Chris Yelton

MFS: Testing and quality control are two of our biggest focuses. All products received from an outside source are tested before made available for sale. We also ‘spot’ test products randomly to ensure that they still meet our standards. Testing methods include GC/MS, Titration, NMR spectroscopy, and infrared spectroscopy.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
No. I decided to trust the vendor and my own reaction to the nic effect. After 7 years of vaping and not smoking when I switched from retail juice to DIY a year ago it still keeps me from even thinking about a smoke! :)

Mine came from MyFreedomSmokes, FWIW. They state that testing is done on all nic from outside sources before sale. As long as it's smooth and keeps me from thinking about smoking, I'm happy.
I wasn't questioning the nic level when you got it. I was asking if you titrated it NOW, after it has gone well into the amber. That is far more accurate than a subjective taste test. And I would trust that it was ~100mg when you got it. I've bought many liters from MFS and when I have double checked, on arrival, it has always been within the 10% accuracy of a home titration kit.

Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I wasn't questioning the nic level when you got it. I was asking if you titrated it NOW, after it has gone well into the amber. That is far more accurate than a subjective taste test. And I would trust that it was ~100mg when you got it. I've bought many liters from MFS and when I have double checked, on arrival, it has always been within the 10% accuracy of a home titration kit.

No, I haven't checked the nic level. I've watched the YouTube videos of titration tests and decided that I wasn't that concerned about change. After all, my DIY juice at 3mg/ml strength is 97% nic free anyway!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread