Nicotine Buzz?

Do you get a "buzz" from nicotine & are you dysfunctional without it?

• No, I don't feel a buzz; and Yes, I'm dysfunctional without nicotine.

• No, I don't feel a buzz, and No, I'm not dysfunctional without nicotine.

• Yes, I feel a buzz; and Yes, I'm dysfunctional without nicotine.

• Yes, I feel a buzz; but No, I'm not dysfunctional without nicotine.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I personally believe that many people mistake the "buzz" you get from carbon monoxide (and whatever else) for being a nicotine buzz, when it really isn't, so unfortunately this poll probably won't show what you expect it to show.

I agree with DC2 on this. Before I switched to vaping, I would occasionally experience a buzz from cigarettes. It was a dizzy, slightly intoxicating head rush type of sensation. It would be most pronounced if I had not had a cigarette in a while, for example, after a long meeting or a flight. It always happened during the first few drags and then stopped the more I smoked. So that's why I'm pretty sure that it's something besides nicotine causing it. Because if it were from nicotine, wouldn't the sensation increase the more I smoked? I always assumed it was the rush of all of the other chemicals, such as carbon monoxide, suddenly rushing through my system. And then, as my body readjusted it it, the buzz stopped.

I've never experienced this from vaping, no matter what nic level I'm using. I used 24 mg for a little while and all I got from that was nausea and a slight headache. I went down to 18 mg and stayed there. Still no buzz no matter how much I chain vape or how long it's been between vapes.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
Great poll. I've wondered about this nicotine buzz thing too because aside from the light-headed "buzz" feeling I got for a few minutes when I first started smoking (and maybe a little after going for a few hours without a cigarette after I'd been a smoker for a while), I never got a buzz as a smoker. And I have never gotten one as a vaper.

The way the OP described the experience is the same for me: It relieves mental confusion and I'm able to concentrate better. Basically, it helps me think - helps my ability to focus. But I don't actually feel the nicotine at all.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Interesting results so far.

65% do NOT feel a buzz.
63% feel dysfunctional without nicotine (that's a lot higher than I expected).

More than twice as many who don't experience a buzz feel dysfunctional without nicotine.

I wish we had a couple hundred responses. This is such a small sample size from which to draw conclusions.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
None for me either, Vocalek. I did with the first smoke of the day or after going an extended period without, but not even a hint with vaping, just edginess or grogginess after over indulging. Early on I went straight to the highest nic available at the time (I'm sure you remember Blip Labs 75mg) with absolute belief it would give me that feeling of relaxed focus I got from smokes, but it didn't happen. For me, no amount of nicotine satisfies anxiety. I need the tobacco maoi's I get from Swedish snus to settle in. An occasional 36mg vape is a perfect pick-me-up refresher, though.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
None for me either, Vocalek. I did with the first smoke of the day or after going an extended period without, but not even a hint with vaping, just edginess or grogginess after over indulging. Early on I went straight to the highest nic available at the time (I'm sure you remember Blip Labs 75mg) with absolute belief it would give me that feeling of relaxed focus I got from smokes, but it didn't happen. For me, no amount of nicotine satisfies anxiety. I need the tobacco maoi's I get from Swedish snus to settle in. An occasional 36mg vape is a perfect pick-me-up refresher, though.
Or an everyday 36mg vape for me TV! The only time I ever noticed a nic buzz was when I first tried E-LiquidPlanets Essence,and that was only 1.6mg by volume. For some reason it gave me a huge head rush(in a good way!)

:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread