Nicotine Buzz?

Do you get a "buzz" from nicotine & are you dysfunctional without it?

• No, I don't feel a buzz; and Yes, I'm dysfunctional without nicotine.

• No, I don't feel a buzz, and No, I'm not dysfunctional without nicotine.

• Yes, I feel a buzz; and Yes, I'm dysfunctional without nicotine.

• Yes, I feel a buzz; but No, I'm not dysfunctional without nicotine.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I've seen a lot of folks mentioning a "buzz" (or a nicotine high) that they feel from nicotine. I don't experience that. What I do experience is a relief from confusion and inability to concentrate -- kind of like getting a refreshing drink of water when your throat is parched. If I go without nicotine, I become unable to function. So I describe that as being "dependent" on nicotine for normal functioning.

I wondered whether there is some kind of correlation.

a) No, I don't feel a buzz; and Yes, I'm dysfunctional without nicotine.
b) No, I don't feel a buzz, and No, I'm not dysfunctional without nicotine.
c) Yes, I feel a buzz; and Yes, I'm dysfunctional without nicotine.
d) Yes, I feel a buzz; but No, I'm not dysfunctional without nicotine.

If the correlation exists, I'd expect to see very few folks selecting options b and c. I'm expecting to see about 10-20% selecting a, and most of the rest selecting option d. Let's see how close my guesses come to the results.

z2x2

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Northern Cal
www.tinychat.com
I do get a nicotine "buzz" which then relieves my lack of concentration from withdrawal. I've been put through many situations where I couldn't smoke for 4-48 hours. After about 2 hours I feel my concentration fading, my head getting heavier, my stress building. After about 4 hours, the withdrawal peaks and continues. About 75% of the time, smoking after 4 hours would instantly make me light headed, slight loss of balance/hand-eye coordination included. After the buzz fades, I feel like I'm running at 100% and normal. I say smoking because this would happen to me when I was using analogs. However, since I have been vaping, it has happened once. Everything happened just the same as if I were using analogs.

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
I occasionally feel a slight buzz when I am vaping heavy and snusing at the same time. But my usual self adjusting (do it without thinking) prevents this. I felt a buzz when I started and was experimenting with extremely high nicotine mixes (I DIY). I know now that 25mg/ml is just fine for me (for now) and I find myself vaping less frequently than I did a few months ago. I actually believe that I am not getting as much nicotine as I did when I was burning butts and may eventually quit vaping as well. As enjoyable as it is.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
So what the buzz amounts to is symptoms of a slight overdose of nicotine? Light headed, dizzy? How long does that last?

Way back when I first took a few puffs (I was in my teens), the first puff generated a little "blip" in my head that lasted no longer than a zap of static electricity. It was a pleasant feeling, but nothing like the warm fuzzy feeling you get after a couple of drinks. The only way to get that feeling back is to go without nicotine for several days. And then it's only for the first puff, and then I have to quit nicotine all over again for a while. It's definitely not worth getting dysfunctional.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
My head buzzes if I don't get my nic!! But I no longer 'feel' any sort of 'hit' or 'buzz', even first in the morning vaping. One time I tried 36mg/ml juice, I was reeling and wretching, yes buzzing for about an hour on one cartful..it quickly went on the "for Sale" thread....I use 12mg mostly now. I do need it for optimal brain function because of ADD. At 6mg/ml for a couple days, no withdrawal, but a definite 'haze' starts to set in.
Very NICE POLL!! Should be interesting.

Last edited:

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
There's a distinct difference for me between nicotine OD and buzz for me. The buzz feels similar to what markFM described, but I'd also classify as a "body high with a slight head buzz."

The vaping buzz is also distinctly different from a cigarette buzz for me. A cigarette buzz was always a light headed, feel like I might pass out, kind of deal. I attribute it to the carbon monoxide in cigarette smoke, but that's wild speculation.

To be honest, I don't like the buzz much. I'm working on stepping down to 0 nic.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I got to the point where my 24mg juice was making me feel slightly nauseous and uncoordinated, kind of like a "bull in the china shop" syndrome. I could back off for 30 minutes and feel normal again. I ordered some 18mg juices and found myself partaking of a few more analogs a day. 5 was my norm and I got up to 8 or 10. I guess I am at the point where hitting 18mg heavy or 24mg infrequently is my dose.

I'll have to say that the 24mg overdose started after I switched from the 510 to the Ego (grin). Even though the voltage is the same, the hit is stronger and the vapor is thicker. It must be the cone warming the air coming in past the hot atomizer. More heat=more vapor.

SirVette

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Texas
I don't normally get a nic. buzz. When I started w/ PV I thought some 24mg. was coming, but all I got was 16mg.! I was not getting enough nic. out of the PV. After a while I put it down & got a cig. & got a good buzz maybe for minutes. :) I was down to less than 1/2 cigs normally smoked the first day. Normally when using the PV & having a cig. the "buzz" is relaxing, somewhat a little tingly.

I recently got some 36 mg. to mix down & after reading this topic tried it at 36mg. It will work somewhat though I only used till just a little tingly. After lunch started puffing on 16mg for awhile & had to quit & started sweating. Maybe 36mg was too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread