Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
You can store nic in your freezer in dark amber glass bottles for alot longer than a year.
Since it's quite dark inside a freezer, I expect the color of the glass is of no consequence.

Choosing the right nic for me after all this time is another matter entirely so I feel like a newbie in that regard.
I think the answer to the "right" nic for long-term storage is simple: Get the cleanest nic available.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Since it's quite dark inside a freezer, I expect the color of the glass is of no consequence
I think the answer to the "right" nic for long-term storage is simple: Get the cleanest nic available.

I think as long as its glass and in the freezer, no problem. Amber glass bottles don't cost more where I shop, so why not be certain?

Lots of people want to be cheap and look for validation of their idea that $25 nic is going to be the same as clean, costly nic. Same with mods, tanks, coils, and wicking.
I always point out that there's no free lunch. A $40 mod is not at all the same as an SX Mini ML. Nicotine is the same. Buy excellent nicotine, store it properly, enjoy it years from now.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I think as long as its glass and in the freezer, no problem. Amber glass bottles don't cost more where I shop, so why not be certain?

Lots of people want to be cheap and look for validation of their idea that $25 nic is going to be the same as clean, costly nic. Same with mods, tanks, coils, and wicking.
I always point out that there's no free lunch. A $40 mod is not at all the same as an SX Mini ML. Nicotine is the same. Buy excellent nicotine, store it properly, enjoy it years from now.

Bingo ... even a lot of juice vendors are using cheap nicotine. That was the exact reason I never found any vendor juice worth a reorder.

Reminds me of the saying ... Garbage in, Garbage out.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
You can store nic in your freezer in dark amber glass bottles for alot longer than a year. I have PG nic that is up to 4 years old now and its still perfect. I just finally want to get more due to the pending vape apocalypse. The reason I have such a big supply is we had this FDA threat looming over us for years now with several previous "scares" if you will. Well it appears its finally here.

I used to just save my dark amber vitamin bottles and remove the labels and voila. In recent years they no longer use the dark amber glass bottles for vitamins-- its a lighter amber so I need a few more bottles. That's easy enough to find.

Choosing the right nic for me after all this time is another matter entirely so I feel like a newbie in that regard.

Will continue to watch this thread and a shoutout to Cyrus Vap--- miss you buddy.

Hey Shilo, good to see you around even if it's sporadic. I too miss the ol' DIY gang, hopefully Cyrus will make an appearance soon.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
That is often true, but not set in stone however ;) Well, the 25 bucks nic is only sold in one place and he states he underbids the market with it and will stop soon... Many thinks that nic is cleaner than many more expensive offerings....

Yeah, well, I've seen the posts on it and I wouldn't want any.
Right off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that I get better for less cost.
Reminds me of the old Shakey's Pizza sign.

Ye Olde Notice
Shakey has no quarrel
with those who sell for less...

They know what their product is worth!​

Reactions: nostradadus

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Yeah, well, I've seen the posts on it and I wouldn't want any.
Right off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that I get better for less cost.
Reminds me of the old Shakey's Pizza sign.

Ye Olde Notice
Shakey has no quarrel
with those who sell for less...

They know what their product is worth!​

Yes, the highest price is always the best :rolleyes:

Reactions: mhertz

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Hey Shilo, good to see you around even if it's sporadic. I too miss the ol' DIY gang, hopefully Cyrus will make an appearance soon.

Hi there---how the heck are you? :toast: Yes some of the old timers on my friends list seem to be MIA much like I have been. Remember the spirited DIY debates? Good times. :banana:

Reactions: AzPlumber

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
I have an old Kia I'd happily trade for your Mercedes...
I'm sure we all know what you mean and agree in general, but "general" is the key word here, though ;) I know you're a NN fan, so then XV is 3 times as good right ;) Many times quality and price are in equation to eachother, but e.g. the most expensive RDA, VG or nic isn't always the best i'm sure we can agree on ;) I remember an original mech mod for several hundred dollars, which for doing cleaning/maintenance(which is a key point for mechs) the maker/vendor stated to "simply" drill a hole at a specific place to get to open it and get to the internals, lol...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dixie1954

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I've never bought nicselect before and am getting ready to buy a lot of it. Where does that rank compared to other nics?

The thing with me is that I really can't discern a whole lot of difference between the 3 nics I have in stock now. So when I get my test bottle of nicselect it will probably seem the same as the others. My next buy is going to be a gallon so I don't want to make a mistake. My and 3 other peoples' futures rely on this decision being the right one! lol

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
All my nic is in amber glass bottles because it came that way. But if I were buying empty bottles for long-terms storage in the freezer, I'd probably buy plain, colorless glass. Why? So I could inspect the nic for color-change periodically. Dark glass pretty much precludes that until you actually open a bottle and start to use it.

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
IMG_0735 (3).JPG
A lot of the nic in my freezer is in clear glass, I want to see what is going on in there I also cover the polycone tops with plastic grocery bags wrap with rubber band and trim :vapor:

Last edited:

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I see a lot of people questioning which is the best nic to buy and why it is recommended.
So many who want to stock up now are new to DIY, nic and storage can really benefit from those who are experienced with this. Not only can it be a big investment financially but it is also important to feel it will be there years down the road when you need to use it, I know, nothing is a given but if you can tip the scale in your favor all the better. I did the whole DIY thing years ago but stopped the last several years so for me it is like being new to it again with all of the changes that have taken place in suppliers/quality.

Reactions: WillyZee

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Hey folks! Joining in after reading a ton. I've recently grabbed some nic from Vape Clarity. If you don't mind a couple of questions on bottling?
1) Breaking it down to 120ml bottles with polygons caps. Where is the best place to grab these?

2) Should I grab a mini funnel?

Specialty Bottle - Wholesale Glass Bottles, Jars, Metal Tins and Plastic Containers
Eclectic Supply Funnel-1pk-VC Stainless Steel Mini Funnel for Essential Oil Bottles/Flasks: Other Products: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Hey folks! Joining in after reading a ton. I've recently grabbed some nic from Vape Clarity. If you don't mind a couple of questions on bottling?
1) Breaking it down to 120ml bottles with polygons caps. Where is the best place to grab these?

2) Should I grab a mini funnel?

1 = eBay or Amazon
2 = dollar store

Reactions: MMW

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I've never bought nicselect before and am getting ready to buy a lot of it. Where does that rank compared to other nics?

The thing with me is that I really can't discern a whole lot of difference between the 3 nics I have in stock now. So when I get my test bottle of nicselect it will probably seem the same as the others. My next buy is going to be a gallon so I don't want to make a mistake. My and 3 other peoples' futures rely on this decision being the right one! lol

What three do you have? I place it after Carolina, nude, VT premium. I am also thinking about a gallon of it from nicotine river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread