NicQuid® NEW USA ELIQUID line Available at SI - NOW IN STOCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiXLL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2012
Beaver Falls, Pa
there are great tobacco liquids from other vendors at half the price. Why pay more?!
I have tried many other tobacco from other venders being disappointed in most. I like Vermilion River Kentucky Premium, I also REALLY like Niquid Midnight Express. It costs what it costs.

BiXLL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2012
Beaver Falls, Pa
I am terrible at making those discriptions/comparisons. I try stuff, I like it or I don't........I can say the SI freedom tastes too nutty for me, I don't remember the RY4, tried it in the very beginning and went with Country at that time. Midnight Express seems very close to analog to me, but then again its been a while since I had one?

betaalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Queens, NY
OK, let me explain what my problem with Nicquid pricing is.

1. Everyone who's tried DIY knows that it costs less than 7c to mix a ml of eliquid. And, as a side benefit, this way I know exactly what goes into it.

2. I don't mind paying extra premium to someone who does mixing for me. But, only as long as that premium stays reasonable.

3. However, at 73c/ml of Nicquid vs 7c/ml of DIY - sorry, but I do not see any rationale to justify the tenfold price hike!

Sometime ago Imagine used "NicQuid is not a mom and pop...and made at a facility" as a "pro" argument. But I actually see it as a "contra": if I remember my Economics 101 correctly - mass production is supposed to reduce price!
Of course, it takes (lots) of money to set up that "facility" and owners expect some return on investment - but I, as a consumer, do not care! Mass production should cost less!!!! Guys, u either offer me some great price or I'll go somewhere else!

Also Imagine's "will be adhering to all the AEMSA standards of practice" means nothing to me at the moment. Right now AEMSA is a self-appointed organization which, if I remember correctly, got quite mixed reviews during ECF discussion. It's good to know that Nicquid adheres to some "AEMSA standards" (it won't hurt), but I'd certainly prferer something way more more authoritative like ISO.
In any case, do I want to pay any premium for AEMSA right now: NO!

4. Finally, main part. This new e-liquid industry begins to smell like the good old tobacco industry to me. Similarities are obvious: like with tobaccos, actual eliquid manufacturing costs pennies. Anything else is just marketing, advertising and other similar kinds of b%^&ing.

There were dozens of ECF threads about scenarios how the Big Tobacco might overpower and take control of ecigs, but it looks to me right now that it's more likely to happen from inside: "Pigs were like men" so to speak in Orwellian terms.

Sorry guys, but I feel like someone is trying to take advantage of me in a raw and uneducated way by just proclaiming that their product is "Premium" and expect me to pay premium price out of the blue!

Last edited:

propagandax

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
St. Louis, MO

1. Everyone who's tried DIY knows that it costs less than 7c to mix a ml of eliquid. And, as a side benefit, this way I know exactly what goes into it.

2. I don't mind paying extra premium to someone who does mixing for me. But, only as long as that premium stays reasonable.

3. However, at 73c/ml of Nicquid vs 7c/ml of DIY - sorry, but I do not see any rationale to justify the tenfold price hike!

Sometime ago Imagine used "NicQuid is not a mom and pop...and made at a facility" as a "pro" argument. But I actually see it as a "contra": if I remember my Economics 101 correctly - mass production is supposed to reduce price!
Of course, it takes (lots) of money to set up that "facility" and owners expect return on investment - but I, as a consumer, do not care! Mass production should cost less!!!!

Also Imagine's "will be adhering to all the AEMSA standards of practice" means nothing to me at the moment. Right now AEMSA is a self-appointed organization which, if I remember correctly, got quite mixed reviews during ECF discussion. It's good to know that Nicquid adheres to some "AEMSA standards" (it won't hurt), but I'd certainly prferer something way more more authoritative like ISO.

4. Finally, main part. This new e-liquid industry begins to smell like the good old tobacco industry to me. Similarities are obvious: like with tobaccos, actual eliquid manufacturing costs pennies. Anything else is just marketing, advertising and other similar kinds of b%^&ing.

There were dozens of ECF threads about scenarios how the Big Tobacco might overpower and take control of ecigs, but it looks to me now that it's more likely to happen from inside: "Pigs were like men" so to speak in Orwellian terms.

Sorry guys, but I feel like someone is trying to take advantage of me in a raw and uneducated way by just proclaiming that their product is "Premium".

Ya so you are complaining about a product you don't have to buy. Want to increase your ROI up your NIC and smoke less. Just sayin :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD

Of course, it takes (lots) of money to set up that "facility" and owners expect some return on investment - but I, as a consumer, do not care! Mass production should cost less!!!! Guys, u either offer me some great price or I'll go somewhere else!

There were dozens of ECF threads about scenarios how the Big Tobacco might overpower and take control of ecigs, but it looks to me right now that it's more likely to happen from inside: "Pigs were like men" so to speak in Orwellian terms.

Sorry guys, but I feel like someone is trying to take advantage of me in a raw and uneducated way by just proclaiming that their product is "Premium" and expect me to pay premium price out of the blue!

No one is going to make you buy it if you don't want it. There is FREEDOM of choice.

Last edited:

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
well im in shock....I placed a order with nicquid on 13th nov...for some samples...and u beauty they arrived today....10days quickest yet for eliquid....good old customs...just after id wrote a post on having to wait 2 or 3 wks....mmmm strawnanna smoothie or biscotti or mint choc.......which one :confused: I know...strawnanna in a nano.....

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
I'm looking forward to them, 3 in the mail. I don't mind paying, it helps fund more R&D into more and better nicquids. Plus I don't have time or money to spend playing with juices. I just want to vape it :p

You may not have the time,,,,but it looks like you definitely have the money my friend ,,,,,,Why did you stop at 3 ?,,,,,,,,it looks like 70 bucks is no big deal to you.,,,,,,,70 bucks for 3 ounces of nic-juice is mind boggling to me,,,,,WOW,,,,,,,LOL

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
I think you may be over thinking things. Their normal juice line is a low cost alternative. That market will always be there. The nicquid line is here to keep the sales of juice for the upper mid level vapers.

YA mean for the "rich" suckers,,don't ya!

A fool and his money are soon parted ,,,,,,LOL,,,,LOL,,,,LOL,,,,LOL,,,,HAAAA HAAAAAAAA ,,HAAAAAAAA;)

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I sort of side with Alex on this, the new line may well be made in the US and "premium" ingredients. I use "premium" ingredients for my DIY liquids and it still costs less than ten cents a milliliter, seventy cents a milliliter is just too much in my mind, but I am cheap I guess and living in a time warp. Freedom of choice allows me to buy what I want at a price I want. I felt that the original line was expensive enough as it was and the new line is, more or less, fifty percent more, too much for me to use on a regular basis. That said I did order a 10ml Midnight Express at 26% off from the sale out of curiosity but I don't think it'll be a regular purchaser no matter how good it might be.

BiXLL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2012
Beaver Falls, Pa
I happen to like what the Niquid is offering and to be honest feel a bit insulted that you are going to come on a thread about Niquid and basically call me stupid. I did nothing to you to deserve it, if I had asked you how I should spend my money you would be correct in counseling me, but since i DON'T RECALL ASKING, i DO FIND IT INSULTING..

I work 11 to 12 hours a day 5 days a week and when I find something I like and is easy and I feel its worth it to me I enjoy it. I have no interest in spending what free time I have playing with the mixing of juices, I spend enough time just making my delivery devices are up to snuff. If thats what you enjoy so be it, but I feel it is wrong to come on a public forum when you know nothing about me and put me down for not wanting to do it your way.

I have tried many different liquids from many different vendors and for the most part was not impressed. If I do not care for it, no matter how little it costs, its not worth much to me. When I do find a liquid I like I will buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread