Phoenix 808 bottom coil on SI batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeM86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Tacoma, Washington, USA
Got my Pheonix 808 bottom coil pack today. I must say I am loving it. Cleanest fills Ive done, couldnt find a hint of a leak anywhere. Hopefully refills are similar. I've read somewhere in here to completely use up the liquid before refilling it to prevent leakage. Is there a possibility of hurting the Pheonix itself if I end up dry burning it to run it out? As for me, I really dont mind the syringe. In fact I love it with the benefits it brings. I always do my filling at home though, and make sure I leave the house with enough filled for the day. All that being said, I cant really see going back to standard cartos now. Only thing is I feel like Im burning through more liquid now. Im not sure if that's just using it more because it's new, or what. I'd always start with a full carto and full battery, 65mm or 78mm, and the battery would die before I felt like the carto was to empty. Now my Pheonix is on E before the batteries die. Odd to me. Anyways.. itching for SI's product to come out!

EDIT*
Right after posting my 65mm batt died with a tiny bit of liquid still in there. So nvm that.
ALSO, went to load a fresh Pheonix on a fresh battery, an auto 65mm,...doesnt work. =( Same thing as TK I guess, hit or miss with autos. So I tried again, I have two 65mm autos they work with and one that they dont. O well.

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Got my Pheonix 808 bottom coil pack today. I must say I am loving it. Cleanest fills Ive done, couldnt find a hint of a leak anywhere. Hopefully refills are similar. I've read somewhere in here to completely use up the liquid before refilling it to prevent leakage. Is there a possibility of hurting the Pheonix itself if I end up dry burning it to run it out? As for me, I really dont mind the syringe. In fact I love it with the benefits it brings. I always do my filling at home though, and make sure I leave the house with enough filled for the day. All that being said, I cant really see going back to standard cartos now. Only thing is I feel like Im burning through more liquid now. Im not sure if that's just using it more because it's new, or what. I'd always start with a full carto and full battery, 65mm or 78mm, and the battery would die before I felt like the carto was to empty. Now my Pheonix is on E before the batteries die. Odd to me. Anyways.. itching for SI's product to come out!

EDIT*
Right after posting my 65mm batt died with a tiny bit of liquid still in there. So nvm that.
ALSO, went to load a fresh Pheonix on a fresh battery, an auto 65mm,...doesnt work. =( Same thing as TK I guess, hit or miss with autos. So I tried again, I have two 65mm autos they work with and one that they dont. O well.

I refill mine all the time without emptying and have had no issues. There is a little pressure in there when you do that though, and you will hear the air try to push out as you do it. I found an easy solution. If you notice, when it is almost empty, if you turn it upside down, the juice still stays at the top when its upside down, thats the vacuum. I put my syringe in past the juice that is still in there, even if its halfway, and suck some air out. You will immediately see all the juice come to the bottom by the fill cup. Then, take your syringe out, fill it with juice and fill like before. I have refilled my Phoenix twice a day like this and still havent had a drop leak out.

For the most part, I only use my phoenix on the 78mm auto batteries and out of the 6 I have used, all worked perfectly. When I used the same one on my manual x2, the light would blink saying there is a short. I unscrewed it just a hair, and it worked. Then I tried to make it tight and loose a couple of times and now it works perfectly.

Since you are saying that it is not working on one of your batteries but on the other two, it leads me to believe its the battery, not the phoenix. Very simple fix, which I have even had to do with an SI carto. This came right from SI customer support. Put a toothpick under the post on the battery and lift it up just a hair and try again. It sounds like the post is not making a good connection. DOnt lift too high though or you will disconnect the wire that attaches to the post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Oh, also, you are burning through more juice because it is a lower ohm. More vapor means more juice being used. Thats a good thing.

Think about it this way, if you put a pot of water on the stove to boil and use medium high heat, it will boil and evaporate. If you put another pot on but use the highest heat setting, it will evaporate quicker. Same thing with juice. You are going from a 2.8ohm carto to a 2.5 so that means you are going from 4.62watts to 5.8watts.

I even noticed that I went through more juice when I started using the SI clearos.

Burning a little more juice is a small price to pay for a better tasting vapor.
also remember, in a polyfil carto, you waste juice that gets trapped in the fill. You never actually get to vape it all. I also think that the amount I would have to blow out the hole from overfilling is about the same as the extra juice that I burn using a 2.4-2.6ohm clearo. I used to waste so much juice doing that

JoeM86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Tacoma, Washington, USA
Has anyone used 50/50 pg/vg in a Pheonix bottom coil? Was just about to order a multipack in 50/50 and read that someone had 50/50 and it was too thick for their Pheonix. Is this the norm and I better go a different route? Would 70pg/30vg be ok? My wife and I have only used 90pg/10vg but my wife is having harshness issues so hasnt been able to put the analogs down. I just didnt want to potentially waste the purchase (for her) if 70/30 was still a bit harsh, but now Im worried 50/50 isnt going to mate well with our Pheonix cartos. Any input is appreciated. (maybe the new SI product will be better in the area? ;))

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
What's her nic? Maybe it's too high for her? There's a way to thin down the 50/50 too, right?
I'm pretty wimpy myself, and didn't like anything below 70/30, because it was too light - lots of vapor, but no volume-in-your-mouth hit. I've been happy with 80/20.

Also, I've noticed that certain flavors (like citrus - lime/lemon) are harsh (almost painful) at first, but mellow out after a couple of weeks. I'm working on Lemon Poundcake now.

Or it could be the way she's hitting it. There's a subtle difference between how you hit a cigarette and how you vape. Maybe she needs to adjust her technique? I take slow, gentle, steady hits. I fill my mouth with volume, savor the flavor, then kinda inhale it a bit deeper...but then, it's kinda turned more into food for me, so... :laugh:

JoeM86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Tacoma, Washington, USA
What's her nic? Maybe it's too high for her? There's a way to thin down the 50/50 too, right?
I'm pretty wimpy myself, and didn't like anything below 70/30, because it was too light - lots of vapor, but no volume-in-your-mouth hit. I've been happy with 80/20.

Also, I've noticed that certain flavors (like citrus - lime/lemon) are harsh (almost painful) at first, but mellow out after a couple of weeks. I'm working on Lemon Poundcake now.

Or it could be the way she's hitting it. There's a subtle difference between how you hit a cigarette and how you vape. Maybe she needs to adjust her technique? I take slow, gentle, steady hits. I fill my mouth with volume, savor the flavor, then kinda inhale it a bit deeper...but then, it's kinda turned more into food for me, so... :laugh:

Lol. but yea she's using 24mg. Ive been nervous, if you will, about going down from there as she's still on the analogs. We may end up trying it. We went ahead and ordered 70/30. I think I'm starting to realize we're just gonna have to try stuff until we find what's best for us. But it's also worth mentioning, I'm the one that wanted to look into the whole vaping thing. She never had any interest in quitting. She's seen my success and got interested herself, so I'm just trying to figure things out to make vaping as fulfilling for her as I can.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Lol. but yea she's using 24mg. Ive been nervous, if you will, about going down from there as she's still on the analogs. We may end up trying it. We went ahead and ordered 70/30. I think I'm starting to realize we're just gonna have to try stuff until we find what's best for us. But it's also worth mentioning, I'm the one that wanted to look into the whole vaping thing. She never had any interest in quitting. She's seen my success and got interested herself, so I'm just trying to figure things out to make vaping as fulfilling for her as I can.
OK, but if it's still harsh, try stepping her down to 18. It could be that she's still on analogs because the hit isn't quite right on the ecig, not the nic withdrawals. Once she finds that happy place, she'll be golden.

Finding the right flavor is crucial too. I started with menthol (smoked menthols for 30+ years) then moved onto my favorite dessert flavors within about a week. Sweet-Vapes has a sampler pack of 5 flavors - that's what got me started. Her Blueberry Cheesecake is amazing! When I started losing weight (haha, no desserts needed anymore), it was on! Now when I crave a certain dessert flavor, I don't even think about the real thing anymore. I just look for the juice.

Coming from Virginia Slims Luxury Lights 120s, I started with 12mg, chain vaped like a mad woman, then fought through the withdrawals to lower my nic. I'm down to 6 now, and anything higher than 8 is too harsh for me. But what's gonna make it tough for her is that she wasn't really interested in quitting, cuz it does take some dedication. Dang, she should be - my health is amazing now, and I will never go back. She'd be missing out! :) Good luck!

TK, I'm not gonna apologize for the hijack, cuz you know me and you should be used to it by now, right? :lol:

Last edited:

crbrown

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Kansas

Be sure she is drinking plenty of water, vaping drys the throat a lot more then smoking and that could be causing some of the harshness.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
OK, but if it's still harsh, try stepping her down to 18. It could be that she's still on analogs because the hit isn't quite right on the ecig, not the nic withdrawals. Once she finds that happy place, she'll be golden.

Finding the right flavor is crucial too. I started with menthol (smoked menthols for 30+ years) then moved onto my favorite dessert flavors within about a week. Sweet-Vapes has a sampler pack of 5 flavors - that's what got me started. Her Blueberry Cheesecake is amazing! When I started losing weight (haha, no desserts needed anymore), it was on! Now when I crave a certain dessert flavor, I don't even think about the real thing anymore. I just look for the juice.

Coming from Virginia Slims Luxury Lights 120s, I started with 12mg, chain vaped like a mad woman, then fought through the withdrawals to lower my nic. I'm down to 6 now, and anything higher than 8 is too harsh for me. But what's gonna make it tough for her is that she wasn't really interested in quitting, cuz it does take some dedication. Dang, she should be - my health is amazing now, and I will never go back. She'd be missing out! :) Good luck!

TK, I'm not gonna apologize for the hijack, cuz you know me and you should be used to it by now, right? :lol:

I second the Sweet-Vapes desert juices used as aroma therapy. I’m hooked on their Andes Mint and Mint Chocolate Chip. Good Stuff!

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
Due to some delays on the slim size clearos we are working on that will not need needle filling and the popularity of the CE3 we have decided to pick up the CE3 in the meantime :) they should be here in the next week or so... they will most likely be replaced with our new model ....but now you will be able to buy these from SI. :thumbs:

VCE.jpg

VCE_guide.jpg

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Due to some delays on the slim size clearos we are working on that will not need needle filling and the popularity of the CE3 we have decided to pick up the CE3 in the meantime :) they should be here in the next week or so... they will most likely be replaced with our new model ....but now you will be able to buy these from SI. :thumbs:

VCE.jpg

VCE_guide.jpg

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. I love this company.

Will they be top coil or bottom coil?

ThreadKiller

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
AGFFA

I'm pretty much the thread-hijack king, so I can't complain. ;)

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone

VCE.jpg

VCE_guide.jpg

There are a LOT of people stating they don't mind the syringe. You may want to consider offering both instead of replacing these? But then I don't know what the new ones are going to be like. Just a thought. I'm just glad to see them available at SI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread