Not open for further replies.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.

I'm the same with every thing you said. I would prefer to solely buy from SI, so I can't wait. Plus their customer service is second to none, so even if they were more expensive, which their not, I would still buy from them.

I said the same thing "I just want cartos". Actually, I started by saying I just want prefilled, them I bought juice. Then I said I'd be happy with cartos, I bought clearos. I said I would just buy SI juice, then I bought Vapedudes. I said I don't need the x2, then I bought 3. I said I would never and I mean never DIY, guess what, I have enough DIY stuff to make 700ml of juice. Oh, and now, I ordered a vivi nova, just to try it. I think it's too big, but considering I go through about 3ml at night while watching tv, it would be nice to not have to refill.

One thing is for certain, I will never go to a variable voltage. I like the simplicity of the 3.7. Plus I figure so long as I never try it, I will never know if I'm missing something. Lol

Two things I want to clarify. First, I didn't mean that I think your filling it wrong, I was just stating that if you don't fill it just right, it will leak. My biggest complaint about the bottom coil phoenix is that I have to fill it all the way. Sometimes I just want to fill halfway, but you can't or it will leak. Also, if you try to top off, without emptying it first, the air that's in there will push a few drops of juice out the top and through the sides of the silicone seal. I hate that.

Also, I don't think they are the greatest thing in the world, just better than the cartos with poly in them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I don't like to admit it, but I do it too. Thing is, I have this huge stash of blank standard cartos. And a huge collection of regular batteries. I now prefer my X2's, but still use the 65's and 78's on occasion. And I do still like the vape from the regular or XL cartos. Standard cartos do not work well on an X2, however. the XL carto works on the X2, but better on a 650 than a 1300. Meh. I am soooo fickle.

However, I tend to agree that I'm really wanting SI's version of the tank cartomizer to be the one to beat all others. I find myself very loyal to SI, and I don't like using other vendors, either. If Imagine hadn't given the blessing for using others' liquids, I wouldn't be so guilt free as I am in using other liquids.

I use my 78's on the road because I work from my truck and it's easier, but at home, its solely the x2. I actually just bought an auto x2, even though I said I never would. I hate it, just sent an email to return it. I think I'm spoiled with the control of the manual x2. Funny thing is, I only use auto 78mm. I have 2 manuals that I never use.

Funny, you feel that the vape is warm, I felt it was too cool, so I got the 2.4-2.6 ohm ones. I bought both and have been PIF the 2.6-2.8. Maybe it's because you were using Xl cartos. I think the cartos with poly fill trap the heat in better. I only used the smaller cartos and the clearo from volt. I think between the top coil of the clearo and them shorter distance of the small carto, I got used to the warm vape. Then, going to the Xl Phoenix, I felt I was missing something.

You are right though, you go through a lot of juice, but I find I do that in the volt clearo too. I use two Phoenix's a day and 2 clearos. Luckily I have about 600ml of premixed, most of which was free or 40% off from Vapedudes.

ThreadKiller

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
AGFFA
I'm the same with every thing you said. I would prefer to solely buy from SI, so I can't wait. Plus their customer service is second to none, so even if they were more expensive, which their not, I would still buy from them.

I said the same thing "I just want cartos". Actually, I started by saying I just want prefilled, them I bought juice. Then I said I'd be happy with cartos, I bought clearos. I said I would just buy SI juice, then I bought Vapedudes. I said I don't need the x2, then I bought 3. I said I would never and I mean never DIY, guess what, I have enough DIY stuff to make 700ml of juice. Oh, and now, I ordered a vivi nova, just to try it. I think it's too big, but considering I go through about 3ml at night while watching tv, it would be nice to not have to refill.

One thing is for certain, I will never go to a variable voltage. I like the simplicity of the 3.7. Plus I figure so long as I never try it, I will never know if I'm missing something. Lol

Two things I want to clarify. First, I didn't mean that I think your filling it wrong, I was just stating that if you don't fill it just right, it will leak. My biggest complaint about the bottom coil phoenix is that I have to fill it all the way. Sometimes I just want to fill halfway, but you can't or it will leak. Also, if you try to top off, without emptying it first, the air that's in there will push a few drops of juice out the top and through the sides of the silicone seal. I hate that.

Also, I don't think they are the greatest thing in the world, just better than the cartos with poly in them.

Well gee, I guess those little discussions that go on in my head aren't exactly original since you seem to have gone through almost exactly the same things as I did.

I'm glad you pointed out the filling issue since I didn't include that in my original post. If you have leaking, that's the first question that should be asked. "Well, are you filling it the way they tell you to?"

The taste difference between the clearos and the polyfills is pretty clear for me. The only time I prefer the taste of the regular cartos is with chocolate. I don't care for it at all in a clearo but it's pretty nice in a regular.

And yeah I'm getting the urge to DIY some stupid concoction again. I've got 15 flavorings sitting here and all together they smell really good. Hmmm, all of them together....

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Oh, man - I am soooooo sick of cleaning poly-filled cartos! :grr:
The more excited I get about these clearos coming out, the more tired I get of cleaning regular cartos, and how the flavor drops off after a just few puffs. Sooo ready to switch!

Lol, that's why I tried the Phoenix. I was tired of refilling the small cartos so much, I was using like 4 a day and being on the road, I would run out. I can't carry juice because I'm in south Florida and work from my truck. South Florida heat and ejuice in a truck dont mix well.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I hate the syringe filling, but its the best ive got right now. Even in my video i say that i feel like a drug dealer with them. I really have high hopes for the si ones and the si clearos that dont melt.

Come one IMAGINE, let's get through the testing. I will be a tester, I'll even pay for them and still test them. I want SI ce3's

ThreadKiller

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
AGFFA
Lol, that's why I tried the Phoenix. I was tired of refilling the small cartos so much, I was using like 4 a day and being on the road, I would run out. I can't carry juice because I'm in south Florida and work from my truck. South Florida heat and ejuice in a truck dont mix well.

You just need a better smelling juice. :) If you get the right flavor, you won't need an air freshener in the truck!

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Well gee, I guess those little discussions that go on in my head aren't exactly original since you seem to have gone through almost exactly the same things as I did.

I'm glad you pointed out the filling issue since I didn't include that in my original post. If you have leaking, that's the first question that should be asked. "Well, are you filling it the way they tell you to?"

The taste difference between the clearos and the polyfills is pretty clear for me. The only time I prefer the taste of the regular cartos is with chocolate. I don't care for it at all in a clearo but it's pretty nice in a regular.

And yeah I'm getting the urge to DIY some stupid concoction again. I've got 15 flavorings sitting here and all together they smell really good. Hmmm, all of them together....

I bought a couple of flavorings to mess with the couple of juices that i felt were ok, but needed something extra. Then I found out that wizard labs is around the corner from me and they let me pick the stuff up. Plus it's so cheap. $5 for 240ml of pg and $5 for 60ml of nic base. Then add in the flavorings are only $1.50. Next thing i new, i spent $40 and have lots and lots of base and flavors. I got hooked on trying things. I feel like I'm in Chemistry class again though. What's nice is I can fiddle with juices and let them steep since I have so much premade juice from companies. Now, I try and duplicate my favorites from Vapedudes.

ThreadKiller

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
AGFFA
I bought a couple of flavorings to mess with the couple of juices that i felt were ok, but needed something extra. Then I found out that wizard labs is around the corner from me and they let me pick the stuff up. Plus it's so cheap. $5 for 240ml of pg and $5 for 60ml of nic base. Then add in the flavorings are only $1.50. Next thing i new, i spent $40 and have lots and lots of base and flavors. I got hooked on trying things. I feel like I'm in Chemistry class again though. What's nice is I can fiddle with juices and let them steep since I have so much premade juice from companies. Now, I try and duplicate my favorites from Vapedudes.

Addictive, ain't it? I get my nic juice from Wizard Labs. Good prices. Didn't realize til recently they had flavored juices too. They sent me a free sample of Mango. Unfortunately, I liked it.

Maybe I'll work on YummyYellowUnderpants today.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
... --Refilling them is a pain compared to SI clearos. With SIs, you just unscrew the top and drip in the nicquid. With the Phoenixes, I have to load a syringe. Before doing that, I have to check the juice bottle. If the opening isn't big enough (which it usually isn't) I have to pour some juice into the bottle-cap before loading the syringe. This tends to be messy and wasteful. Then you have to clean the syringe--and the bottlecap.

I bought the Bauway 510 XL CE2 Style Clear Cartomizers 3 Ohm with an adapter, and they require a syringe for filling.

After my first fill, I tried this alternative method; remove the plunger and insert the empty syringe through the opening of the Clearo, fill the syringe container, from your dripper-top juice bottle, carefully insert the plunger and load your Clearo.

This removes the need to re-fill your syringe from the bottle or bottlecap and having to remove & replace the syringe into the nearly invisible insertion point.

BTW, I like these Clearos much better though they hold less juice, the Vapor production and TH is much greater, I've noticed the coil seems to sit near the top which may contribute to the seemingly hotter hit. I've had no liquid in my mouth from flooding issues, even when they have sat in my pocket upside down.

I haven't needed to clean them yet, but it doesn't seem to be too big of an issue to accomplish.

Dac311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
I love the pheonix, and don't mind syring filling. My biggest fear is I get pulled over by a cop and he doesn't know what the hell I'm "smoking" and then he finds the syring in my kit and it's all over. Hopefully the labels on my bottles and such will help me out. But I've just made the switch from v2 prefills and batts to the x2 batts and the pheonix. I was worried that the cone wouldn't cover up the pheonix and it would look funny, but it fits over them just fine. I still have some prefills that I'm going to need to go through, but that shouldn't be a problem. I'll just use them at work where filling isn't much of an option. I posted on the gotvapes forum today asking about 808 threaded pheonix's in the bigger versions for us x2 users and didn't get a response. Hopefully these new SI pheonix's will be something like that.

Last edited:

mattkohl71

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Iowa
They're testing them now. She said hopefully in July...

This is very, very good news!

Anyone have any details about these new clearomizers?

I was starting to feel bad because it looked like Smokeless Image was lagging behind... But if they can pull off a very solid clearomizer like the Fluxomizers, I'll be set for quite some time! Love everything about these things... Can see the liquid, vapor and flavor are so much better than a cartomizer.

Only issue I can see is the lack of variable ohms... I use 2.5 ohm Fluxomizers, and they give the vapor just that little extra kick I crave.

Can't wait to see what they come up with!

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
This is very, very good news!

Anyone have any details about these new clearomizers?

I was starting to feel bad because it looked like Smokeless Image was lagging behind... But if they can pull off a very solid clearomizer like the Fluxomizers, I'll be set for quite some time! Love everything about these things... Can see the liquid, vapor and flavor are so much better than a cartomizer.

Only issue I can see is the lack of variable ohms... I use 2.5 ohm Fluxomizers, and they give the vapor just that little extra kick I crave.

Can't wait to see what they come up with!

The only thing I can tell you is that I asked Imagine about it in the sticky and she said they were coming out with them and they are in testing now. She said that the SI version would not require a syringe to fill them.

I love my Bottom Coil Phoenix, but am really excited about SI getting something similar, even if its Top Coil. I would much rather purchase everything from SI instead of going to other vendors. I cant wait since I refuse to even use a poly fill cartomzier now.

kilroy76

Feb 19, 2012
Florida
Good morning all. I was thinking about ordering some of the Phoenix bottom coils, but I don't know the difference between the 2.4-2.6 ohm ones and the 2.6-2.8 ohm. Does one just make the vapor hotter, but they're otherwise equivalent? I think my 808 batteries are the same type that SI sells, if that matters. Thanks for any advice.

4.5 months smoke-free. Yay me.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Good morning all. I was thinking about ordering some of the Phoenix bottom coils, but I don't know the difference between the 2.4-2.6 ohm ones and the 2.6-2.8 ohm. Does one just make the vapor hotter, but they're otherwise equivalent? I think my 808 batteries are the same type that SI sells, if that matters. Thanks for any advice.

4.5 months smoke-free. Yay me.

What company do your batteries come from?

Yes, the difference it that the 2.4-2.6 produce a little more vapor and warmer vapor. It's not a lot more since its not a huge difference in resistance, but enough to notice.

I always suggest this for the 3.6 regulated batteries: if your getting the bottom coil, go with the 2.4-2.6ohm, on the top coil, get either. I use the 2.6-2.8 on the top coil. Since the coil is close to your mouth, the vapor is already warmer.

kilroy76

Feb 19, 2012
Florida
What company do your batteries come from?

Yes, the difference it that the 2.4-2.6 produce a little more vapor and warmer vapor. It's not a lot more since its not a huge difference in resistance, but enough to notice.

I always suggest this for the 3.6 regulated batteries: if your getting the bottom coil, go with the 2.4-2.6ohm, on the top coil, get either. I use the 2.6-2.8 on the top coil. Since the coil is close to your mouth, the vapor is already warmer.

I don't know who makes the batteries... They came from an outfit called e-liquid-usa-store. I took your advice and ordered the 2.4-2.6 ohm. Thanks!

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Can someone post a link to these Phoenix Bottom Coils, are they like the Bauman CE2 Clearos? Thanks in advance

I don't feel right posting a link to another suppliers website within the smokeless image forum.

Basically they are CE3's. Phoenix is the label that gotvapes sells them under. They carry the Phoenix in 808 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread