Non-Smokers Starting Vaping - Disturbing to Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 15815608" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
Abortions?
Alcohol?
Abortions, future tax payers.(modern)
peasants to work the fields.(archaic)
Alcohol,the main reason prohibition was over turned
was due to lost tax revenues.
mike

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
IBS... ulcerative colitis... rheumatoid arthritis... schizophrenia... ADD, ADHD... depression... anxiety... probably others that aren't as well known.

I have *personally* experienced the benefit to IBS, ADD, depression, and anxiety, so yes, that's a definite. Whether the benefit is from the nicotine or the other alkaloids, not definite, but the benefit is definitely there.

Just because medicine doesn't know about something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist -- medicine doesn't know everything, as so many doctors prove, day in and day out.

Andria
If medicine doesn't know about something then on what basis you can promote this something?

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I have *personally* experienced the benefit to IBS, ADD, depression, and anxiety, so yes, that's a definite. Whether the benefit is from the nicotine or the other alkaloids, not definite, but the benefit is definitely there.

Sure, as an ex-smoker you definitely need you fix (as I do). But we are talking about non-smokers.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I've been away from ECF for awhile but due to the influx of new devices, I recently returned (and got a bunch of new vape gear, but that's another story :) ).

Was just browsing the New Members forum and I am very disturbed by the amount of posts being made by people who have never smoked asking for advice on how to "blow clouds", "get into vaping" or even "get a better buzz" from vaping. o_O

Of course, the vast majority of replies in these threads are from knowledgeable and helpful ECF'ers telling these poor, ignorant folks that it's probably a bad idea to start vaping 36mg juice in a sub-ohm device if you've never smoked...and that is great!

I just can't help to think that all these young (I'm assuming) non-smokers taking up vaping and "blowing clouds" can't be good for our cause and I find it quite disturbing.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I currently vape on an SX Mini / Goliath @ .4 ohms and can blow some pretty good clouds, but that's not what it's all about for me...it's about staying off the ciggies.

I guess if vaping is to replace smoking then people who have never smoked will pick up vaping. The cool thing about vaping is if the person were so inclined they could do it with out any nic thats not an option with cigarettes.
So we are right back to where we started vaping is a safer alternative to smoking. For smokers and those who wish to be vapors and have never smoked. I just dont see the down side.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Works for me. I lost 10 pounds since switching to vaping.

I lost weight last year, probably mostly because of my illness. But I've gained back too much, and I think it's because a) everything tastes so good now, and b) my metabolism is probably affected by giving up smoking, even if not as dramatically as if I went cold-turkey -- I'm 54 today, so everything moves slower. :D

Andria

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
Was just browsing the New Members forum and I am very disturbed by the amount of posts being made by people who have never smoked asking for advice on how to "blow clouds", "get into vaping" or even "get a better buzz" from vaping. o_O

So what, vaping is only for smokers? You do know that every person that smokes or has smoked at one time didn't and had to start...so what you're saying is they should really start smoking first cause vaping is only for the cool ex-smokers
25.gif

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
My wife's a vaper that never smoked. She does it due to occasional asthma attacks that her prescription medications fail to control. - Not Propaganda
Kids vape cotton candy juice causes regulations - Propaganda
Cloud chasers cause regulations - Propaganda
The health issues with vaping causes regulations - Propaganda
Rude vapers cause regulations - Propaganda

MONEY is the cause of regulations - Not Propaganda

noway

Mar 26, 2015
Omaha, NE, USA
Certainly it's quitting. I haven't lit a cigarette in nearly 10 months, therefore I've quit smoking, and I've stopped too. :facepalm:

Andria

The fact that you are not burning something and inhaling the smoke, yes you did quit 'smoke'ing. Other than that, you've just substituted your dependency to a different method, you are no less dependent.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Only people who care about subohm vapers are the old tootle puffer crowd with entitlement issues.

Untrue. Martnargh, not all care, and not all have.

Government cares about money. Not you, not me, not kids vaping, not batteries blowing up, not any of that. If theyre not getting their slice of the pie then theres problems.

True.

To be honest if I want an adult serious debate on issues like this now I don't have them on ECF because there is a loud crowd whose total belief in their view is absolute and they ridicule anyone that doesn't agree or trys to put another viewpoint across and in complete irony they also routinely complain about patronising and belittling comments they decide others make. There are very serious issue's the community has to try and deal with but ECF isn't that place anymore it's the place where the everything goes crowd shout out all else label as stupid anything that doesn't fit for them and act like complete hypocrites. My views on this issue I'll keep to the other sites where these things can be discussed in an adult fashion. There are some fantastic people here who understand and know the practical situation but a lot are fed up trying to represent that on here when there are now better places to do it shame but it is what it is.

Rizzyking, where are these sites, please?

And some folks really need to read up on the difference between an addiction and a dependence. Nicotine causes dependence (though possibly not, in those who've never smoked tobacco), not addiction; CIGARETTES cause addiction. Someone who has never smoked is NOT embarking on "a lifetime of nicotine addiction" just by vaping nicotine.

Father Jack, I believe, explains it quite well.

And :bday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread