Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
I've been away from ECF for awhile but due to the influx of new devices, I recently returned (and got a bunch of new vape gear, but that's another story :) ).

Was just browsing the New Members forum and I am very disturbed by the amount of posts being made by people who have never smoked asking for advice on how to "blow clouds", "get into vaping" or even "get a better buzz" from vaping. o_O

Of course, the vast majority of replies in these threads are from knowledgeable and helpful ECF'ers telling these poor, ignorant folks that it's probably a bad idea to start vaping 36mg juice in a sub-ohm device if you've never smoked...and that is great!

I just can't help to think that all these young (I'm assuming) non-smokers taking up vaping and "blowing clouds" can't be good for our cause and I find it quite disturbing.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I currently vape on an SX Mini / Goliath @ .4 ohms and can blow some pretty good clouds, but that's not what it's all about for me...it's about staying off the ciggies.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
It must be a burden to care so much about what others do. As long as they're not breaking into my house or trying to steal my car I could care less if they stick cotton candy in their ears and call themselves the Clown of Doom.

Lighten up a bit you'll live longer. :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I think it's a lot better than if they started smoking. After all, that's where ALL smokers come from....non smokers. On the other hand, vaping is new, noticeable, novel, different...........it's attracting.

This is my take, exactly -- there actually are a few conditions which benefit greatly from nicotine and the other alkaloids in tobacco, but if they didn't become a smoker in their ignorant youth, most people are rather unwilling to even try something so well-known to cause disease and early death -- but now they can get the benefits without the danger, or at least without 95% to 99% of the danger, thanks to vaping. And that's a GOOD thing!

Andria

noway

Mar 26, 2015
Omaha, NE, USA
FULL DISCLOSURE: I currently vape on an SX Mini / Goliath @ .4 ohms and can blow some pretty good clouds, but that's not what it's all about for me...it's about staying off the ciggies.

That's way beyond the 'stopping smoking' you speak of. I'm on a Kanger T3'D or Mini Protank 3 at 1.5 ohm, at 3mg down from 18 4 months ago and working on no nicotine.

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
That's way beyond the 'stopping smoking' you speak of. I'm on a Kanger T3'D or Mini Protank 3 at 1.5 ohm, at 3mg down from 18 4 months ago and working on no nicotine.

It's way beyond stopping smoking for YOU, don't try and discredit others methods of quitting the smokes because it's not how YOU would go about it. For the love of all that is good this has gotten out of hand!

Try stepping down off YOUR throne and realize what works for YOU might not for others. Are YOU starting to see a pattern in this post?

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
It must be a burden to care so much about what others do. As long as they're not breaking into my house or trying to steal my car I could care less if they stick cotton candy in their ears and call themselves the Clown of Doom.

Lighten up a bit you'll live longer. :)

I couldn't care less about what they do to their own bodies...I only care about how this will reflect on the vaping community in general. I'm sure you're aware of how the "cloud chasers" are frowned upon whilst blowing giant clouds in public places and how that is bringing the antz down even harder on vaping, right? And how all of these flavors are attracting non-smoking children to vaping? And how nicotine is as addictive as ...... (kids chasing a "buzz")??

Yeah, you're right. I'm way past the "stop smoking" stage and firmly in the "hobbyist/I'm gonna vape forever" stage. :)

I retract my earlier statement.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
I think it's a lot better than if they started smoking. After all, that's where ALL smokers come from....non smokers. On the other hand, vaping is new, noticeable, novel, different...........it's attracting.

Nailed it! Everyone on this forum was, at one point in time, a non-smoker or non-vaper. We all started using nicotine for our own reasons, so who are we to begrudge new vapers just because they've never smoked before? The best we can do as a community is educate the newcomers about the potential dangers of vaping so that they can enjoy our commonly shared hobby as safely as possible.

ETA: Wait, the title of your post isn't matching your comments. Is your problem with new vapers who never smoked before, or with new vapers who want to get into cloud chasing?

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I couldn't care less about what they do to their own bodies...I only care about how this will reflect on the vaping community in general. I'm sure you're aware of how the "cloud chasers" are frowned upon whilst blowing giant clouds in public places and how that is bringing the antz down even harder on vaping, right? And how all of these flavors are attracting non-smoking children to vaping? And how nicotine is as addictive as ****** (kids chasing a "buzz")??

Yeah, you're right. I'm way past the "stop smoking" stage and firmly in the "hobbyist/I'm gonna vape forever" stage. :)

I retract my earlier statement.

Oh look another cloud chasing in public places coupled with regulation remark. How original. /sarcasm off

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Seriously do you think the ANTZ will take the time to segregate us into little cliques to base their regulations on? No that's us doing it to ourselves.
All groups have different cliques. Drinkers for instance. Wine snobs, Drunks, beer drinkers, Whiskey drinkers, woudy drunks, cry in their beer drunks, happy drunks and even drinkers that only drink drinks with little umbrellas in them ;)
It is just a facet of the human psyche.

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
All groups have different cliques. Drinkers for instance. Wine snobs, Drunks, beer drinkers, Whiskey drinkers, woudy drunks, cry in their beer drunks, happy drunks and even drinkers that only drink drinks with little umbrellas in them ;)
It is just a facet of the human psyche.

While I do agree with this statement in general, when it comes to one group blaming the others for regulation it doesn't fly. My history knowledge isn't great but I don't recall beer drinkers blaming shot takers for prohibition.

Whether we like it or not we are all in the same boat we can either paddle together or fight over the oars till they get dropped and we are up sh*t creek without them. I'm done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread