• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

NOW what are you doing, Canada Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
and the woman smiled every so sweetly and said "have a nice day, and please do not ever come back here, you caused me too much stress" HUH????

either way it is worth a great laugh when you think about it

That's the most atrocious 'mail horror story' I've ever heard!! Good grief!

So were you happy with your pkg or did you toss it to the side to forget the trauma? ;)

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Actually i was laughing about it, and i added it here for the giggle. I did think it was rather funny that the package was so large for a few small things.

But i carry my package under my arm proudly and brought it home, set it on the table and shows the wife the package i had gotten, then opened it up, reached inside and was disappointed in the apple pie i pulled out, as i remember it being so much better. But i do have it steeping so i will sample it later after a good shake.

The RY4 100% VG is what surprised me as it is really good.

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
Actually i was laughing about it, and i added it here for the giggle. I did think it was rather funny that the package was so large for a few small things.

The RY4 100% VG is what surprised me as it is really good.

Glad some good came out of it :) You must have one heck of a sense of humour, but I suppose it's one of those absurd events where you all you can do is shrug. You see, I'd do a little mumbling and eye rolling too for good measure. lol.

Squish

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2012
Alberta
Ok, I'm standing at the line up at the post office. Picking up COD, and the clerk informs me that that are out of forms for the paper work regarding COD payments. I have to go to my bank and get a money order from them or else wait two weeks so they can do inventory and order more forms. I have the cash in my hand and I can see my ego twist through the enveloppe that's sitting on the counter. Sooooo frustrating!!!

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
I have to go to my bank and get a money order from them or else wait two weeks so they can do inventory and order more forms.

Isn't it amazing how a company/corporation that is supposedly providing a service for it's customers feels it necessary to inconvenience them even more by not being able to keep it's inventory up to date? It's not your fault the clerk couldn't count properly and ran out of forms, so why should you wait? Maybe the clerk should have jumped into one of those spiffy little CP trucks and ran out and picked up some of those forms instead of making you wait 2 weeks!

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
This is interesting...just happened upon this at Canada Post's site:

Question
I received a Delivery Notice Card, but I was in all day. Why wasn’t delivery attempted?

You have received a Delivery Notice Card, but you have been in all day and did not see anyone attempt deliver.
When someone sends you a parcel, you always receive a Delivery Notice Card, and you are not aware of any delivery attempts being made.
You have received a Delivery Notice Card and want your parcel or letter to be redelivered.

Answer

We usually attempt to deliver all items directly to you, but in the following situations we leave a Delivery Notice Card instead:

If the item is marked as "card for pickup".
If you receive your mail at a community mailbox where your residence is more than 500 m from the mailbox, and the item does not fit in the parcel compartment.
Canada Post

My question is: Who is responsible for marking items as "card for pickup"...seriously?!

terranq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Saskatoon, SK, CA
Oh, this is too funny.

I was just about to post how my package had been sitting in Mississauga since Tuesday, and just as I was typing out my original draft of the message I got an email alert, which said

Code:
2012/06/07    
09:52    SASKATOON    Item successfully delivered        
09:51    SASKATOON    Item out for delivery        
09:48    SASKATOON    Item processed at local delivery facility

The timing of the message, and the times given by CP made me crack up

Last edited:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
My question is: Who is responsible for marking items as "card for pickup"...seriously?!

believe it or not, if it is anything over 5lbs then it is shipped off to the post office for "pick up"

A true but funny story to the above

When i was in Calgary i wanted to send my wife a money order (at the time i did not have a reliable bank) and just as the woman was putting a stamp on the envelope the mail guy was there to collect the mail to bring back to the post office for processing. Seeing as it was morning run, and my envelope was the only thing to go out, she handed it to him. He immediately ran to the truck, got a dolly and picked up the small envelope as if it was a 30X50 50lbs box, put it on the dolly and they was dragging it behind him as if it was the heaviest thing he ever lifted.....i was howling in laughter at this.

:confused: does anyone know how long it takes for CP to process a item that is "regular" mail from canvape? I am waiting every so patient for the silver 1000mah ego twist i won, and have been stalking the mail man every day this week, even offered him so ice tea just to see if i got it in.....and before i email them saying that it disappeared into the worm hole / black hole that is CP, i want to see if there is a time frame i can expect from CP to hit here in Winnipeg?

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Well, I'm in Saskatoon (as you can see above), and that's my order from Canvape. It was shipped out Tuesday afternoon, got here this morning.

Ahh then you are close to Dark Side (he is good people), but that is shipping with xpress/priority post....i think mine is coming via regular envelope mail, no tracking was really needed..... I am trying not to pace and thinking on giving it till tomorrow then sadly i will have to let them know it may have succumb to the fate of the black hole that MindField had

now excuse me i need to get the torch and pitchfork and chase after CP

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ahh then you are close to Dark Side (he is good people), but that is shipping with xpress/priority post....i think mine is coming via regular envelope mail, no tracking was really needed..... I am trying not to pace and thinking on giving it till tomorrow then sadly i will have to let them know it may have succumb to the fate of the black hole that MindField had

now excuse me i need to get the torch and pitchfork and chase after CP

Took me just over a week for my clearo sampler that I won to get here (May 24 - June 4) by regular post, and I live about 3 hours from Barrie, for what that's worth.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Took me just over a week for my clearo sampler that I won to get here (May 24 - June 4) by regular post, and I live about 3 hours from Barrie, for what that's worth.

ok, lol so i will give the CP till Tuesday before i break out the torches and pitch forks ;)

Oh btw Mike, i got the same LT you do, have to admit i see why you like it so much....running tanks not so much but i used the pistol mod for that for now, i think some aw's or the Canadian Co-op mind field has running will take care of that ;) :confused: though i am thinking on getting another of these from a vaper in Winnipeg here :D

mojojo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Northern Ontario, Canada
I think somebody was late for their shift in Missisauga postal facility for my second order. lol

I placed 2 orders at canvape... The first order was shipped on Monday around 4pm and I got it the very next day.

the second order was shipped on Wednesday way before noon and it's stuck in Mississauga.. supposed to be here tomorrow, now I bet if that worker had of been on time for his shift I would of had my pkg today lol

slojas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2012
Saskatoon
Someday I'm going to rip my mailbox off the house and mount something huge, big enough to put a 1 gallon milk jug and still close the lid, then I'm gonna mount a a surviellance camera in plain view above it and motion sensitive flood lights, engraved on the mailbox will be the words- "Watching you...".

Last edited:

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
Someday I'm going to rip my mailbox off the house and mount something huge, big enough to put a 1 gallon milk jug and still close the lid, then I'm gonna mount a a surviellance camera in plain view above it and motion sensitive flood lights, engraved on the mailbox will be the words- "Watching you...".

Make sure you have that pic of Walken right under the camera.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread