Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Maybe your coil touched the wall when you put it together to make it short??? Just squeeze the coil a little tighter from the ends.

The only time I had flooding with these was when I was re-filling one and I had it sideways too long trying to get more liquid in it.

I also have my coil a little higher. Just under the top of the posts.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
Maybe your coil touched the wall when you put it together to make it short??? Just squeeze the coil a little tighter from the ends.

The only time I had flooding with these was when I was re-filling one and I had it sideways too long trying to get more liquid in it.

I also have my coil a little higher. Just under the top of the posts.

The ohm reading has been stable with the last coil I wrapped. I think it's still flooding though. I used rayon (probably not the best idea when I haven't been able to get cotton right) and filled it up half way. It takes a long time to get decent vapor out of it. I tried lowering the coil like the other dude suggested but no luck so far. I'll try raising it later.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
The ohm reading has been stable with the last coil I wrapped. I think it's still flooding though. I used rayon (probably not the best idea when I haven't been able to get cotton right) and filled it up half way. It takes a long time to get decent vapor out of it. I tried lowering the coil like the other dude suggested but no luck so far. I'll try raising it later.
Let us know and try to keep the coil close to the posts also. High and close, just not above the posts. Hope it works out for you.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
I've been having massive wicking issues with the Engine Nano over the past couple days :( I don't know what I'm doing differently. I'm getting flooding and super fast ramp up speeds in TC with loud popping. It's been so bad that I had to go back to my Merlin rta. I put the same type of coil in there and everything's good right off the bat.

That sucks hope you get it worked out. I have a Merlin and it sits in the drawer never to be used again. for me the Merlin was the worst.

I have a 3mm 5 wrap Clapton coil. I make the wick a little snug and cut it with the out side of the deck. Use my little screwdriver to strip the tails some and remove a little. Then tuck through to the deck then lift a little. The amount of wick in the holes is full but not tight so there room for them to expand. When it does it's on the deck. Took me a week to get it down so I was doing it the same every time.

dave51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
oklahoma

I have three nanos so far never had flooding one stays on its side always
for the flooding do you have the wick down in the juice holes
I put my wicks just barely in the holes making sure there is no open space
I dont get dry hits nor flooding

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Three O-rings.

20170322_203711.jpg 20170322_203746.jpg

Drewbacca96

Feb 16, 2017
1749f55cb5679bb84f3e6aa088702881.jpg
No orings are needed or missing on this base
I believe, in honestly and admitting I'm wrong when it's helpful. [emoji12] I've apparently lost an o-ring. It doesn't go on the base, but the underside of the tank. Not having that o-ring hasn't messed with performance.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio

Looked to me your coil is in the right place. Lined up with the top of the higher hole. Your coil looks a bit wide. You may want to try giving it less spacing so your wick is away from the walls when you screw the base on. Just tossing out a few suggestions.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
I have three nanos so far never had flooding one stays on its side always
for the flooding do you have the wick down in the juice holes
I put my wicks just barely in the holes making sure there is no open space
I dont get dry hits nor flooding

I have them sticking through the juice holes a little.

Looked to me your coil is in the right place. Lined up with the top of the higher hole. Your coil looks a bit wide. You may want to try giving it less spacing so your wick is away from the walls when you screw the base on. Just tossing out a few suggestions.

I'll try to make a tighter coil or maybe just squeeze that one a little. I'm still trying to get the hang of doing a spaced coil. I've never quite sure how much space it should have.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
Maybe a silly question but are all the O-rings in place? Should be one on both ends of the glass and one where the base screws in.

They should be there. I wasn't having any problems with it until a few days ago. I haven't taken the tank apart. I'll double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread