"Temperature (degF)","Electrical Resistivity"

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
there's a lot of them, here's a dropbox link to a zip file with a bunch of them in csv if that's easier

Dropbox - Material CSV's.zip

I never go above 450 so they're kind of customized for how I vape, but they should work great for anyone. Evolv likes them best when they start at -100F and end at 800F with a point also at 20C but other than that you can put the temp points where you like.

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Hello everyone. New user here. Been lurking on this thread for quiet some time before deciding to register lol. Had the Nano for about 2 weeks now, and so far i am very satisfied with it. The build quality ( i got the stainless steel one), top airflow, and mostly, no leaking! My Merlin mini is staying in the drawer now.

After a few builds, finally got the one with my liking. 26g Kanthal, 2.5 mm ID and 7 wraps, came out at 0.83 ohms, airflow almost closed, and vaping at 19-22 watts so far. Much much better than on Merlin mini though, since its mini, it gets way too hot after chain vaping for some time. The second one goes to alien clapton, 3 mm ID, 0.45 ohm at 31 watts, but too much juice hog.

One question though, since i'm new to vaping ( its been 2 months), last night i tried to build coil on the Engine, when i test fire it, the coil sounded like buzzing? the coil fires normally, no jumping ohms, but i do heard the buzzing though. its not coming from the mod ( Smok alien), im pretty sure its from the coil. and this happen when i try to place the coil on same level at the top of the post, when i build normally in between the post, nothing happen. is this shortage somehow? anyone had any experince with this before?
Whenever this has happened to me on other atomizers, usually it's just liquid getting in between a place where it's not supposed to and grounding intermittently.

the lower bits on all of obs engine atty's are press fit together so it's possible that's what's going on w/ yours.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Bond1313

May 19, 2017
Make sure the wire ends are tight and are the wires touching each other?

Whenever this has happened to me on other atomizers, usually it's just liquid getting in between a place where it's not supposed to and grounding intermittently.

the lower bits on all of obs engine atty's are press fit together so it's possible that's what's going on w/ yours.

Thanks for the reply masters hehe. Yeah, i guess so. Maybe it had to do something with me trying to adjust the coil position higher, or maybe there are loose ends on the coil too. But i change it already, safe and sound lol.

Btw sorry if this is kinda out of the topic, but for VW mods, like Smok Alien mods etc, is it gonna protect me from malfunctions such as shortage coils in the tank or batteries defect? As with the Nano, i never vape at higher wattage more than 35+ watt, and i use good batteries too. Even now i only vape around 16 watts, and i do check ohm's law regularly too to make sure every build is safe. And if there is problem with the coil, will the tank explode or..the mods?

Its just, the last build kinda make me alert on my build next time though lol.

Anyway, i do read several posts before this, i think that this tank maybe suited with claptons or alien coils (from my experience though) right? The usual kanthal coils, i do feel the flavor is not as strong i guess, too much air flow in the tank maybe?

Bond1313

May 19, 2017
SI_20170521_010232.jpg

Looking good so far ;)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
there's a lot of them, here's a dropbox link to a zip file with a bunch of them in csv if that's easier

Dropbox - Material CSV's.zip

I never go above 450 so they're kind of customized for how I vape, but they should work great for anyone. Evolv likes them best when they start at -100F and end at 800F with a point also at 20C but other than that you can put the temp points where you like.
Many Thanks @kiba! :thumbs:
I'll load up the CSV's for my current builds and check em out!

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the reply masters hehe. Yeah, i guess so. Maybe it had to do something with me trying to adjust the coil position higher, or maybe there are loose ends on the coil too. But i change it already, safe and sound lol.

Btw sorry if this is kinda out of the topic, but for VW mods, like Smok Alien mods etc, is it gonna protect me from malfunctions such as shortage coils in the tank or batteries defect? As with the Nano, i never vape at higher wattage more than 35+ watt, and i use good batteries too. Even now i only vape around 16 watts, and i do check ohm's law regularly too to make sure every build is safe. And if there is problem with the coil, will the tank explode or..the mods?

Its just, the last build kinda make me alert on my build next time though lol.

Anyway, i do read several posts before this, i think that this tank maybe suited with claptons or alien coils (from my experience though) right? The usual kanthal coils, i do feel the flavor is not as strong i guess, too much air flow in the tank maybe?
I'm not really familiar with that mod but I'm thinking probably? Most mods have short protection.

And yes, this atty works better with a clapton, if only for the reasons that it fills up the empty space in the chamber, gets hit by more air, and also claptons vaporize more juice faster & improve your flavor over regular round wire.

Many Thanks @kiba! :thumbs:
I'll load up the CSV's for my current builds and check em out!

Cool, so did the link work?

Last edited:

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
...when i test fire it, the coil sounded like buzzing? ?

This one buzzed too:
c0a3cb863fc7e9cb320de612e7a01ad2.jpg

Here the ohms also bounced around but only after the coil got hot (probably heat expansion moving things at the break). It buzzed arcing.

This could happen on an un-annealed kanthal contact coil too. So make sure to pre-burn or space.

I'm guessing you were arcing on the chamber roof.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
This one buzzed too:
c0a3cb863fc7e9cb320de612e7a01ad2.jpg

Here the ohms also bounced around but only after the coil got hot (probably heat expansion moving things at the break). It buzzed arcing.

This could happen on an un-annealed kanthal contact coil too. So make sure to pre-burn or space.

I'm guessing you were arcing on the chamber roof.
Nice pic... I wish you have a video on that so we could hear it too

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
Nice pic... I wish you have a video on that so we could hear it too
zzzz... zzzz... bzzz... gzzzzt...
that'll have to sub for vid- it was tough enough to get a good still. Could barely hear it in the open, seemed to resonate inside the chamber. Possibly loader also through my jaw.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
zzzz... zzzz... bzzz... gzzzzt...
that'll have to sub for vid- it was tough enough to get a good still. Could barely hear it in the open, seemed to resonate inside the chamber. Possibly loader also through my jaw.
LoL... I wonder it you would have felt it with a metal mouth piece???

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I know I'm late to the party but I just got my first obs nano today and all I can say is wow! This thing checks all the boxes for me. Size, capacity, single coil, super easy to build, and somewhat leak proof. Not sure why I waited to long to give this one a try. I'll be needing to order the SS and Gold to complete the collection. I just ordered the ammit 25 today now I'm kinda wishing I had grabbed another engine instead. Awesome tank airflow is smooth and adequate. Great flavor and vapor. 3mm SS coil perfect for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I know I'm late to the party but I just got my first obs nano today and all I can say is wow! This thing checks all the boxes for me. Size, capacity, single coil, super easy to build, and somewhat leak proof. Not sure why I waited to long to give this one a try. I'll be needing to order the SS and Gold to complete the collection. I just ordered the ammit 25 today now I'm kinda wishing I had grabbed another engine instead. Awesome tank airflow is smooth and adequate. Great flavor and vapor. 3mm SS coil perfect for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still Loving mine.

I ordered a Merlin Mini to try. Found one on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread