Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
There is nothing on your license other than your age, weight, eye, hair color and when the license is good thru that your vendor doesn't already have.

There is Absolutely NOTHING on a license that will help any ID stealer like SS #, or financial information.

And you're not wanting to show your license to the same person you willingly Already give your CC # to?

That makes sense to you?
Bruce in Ocala, Fl
:lol:
So obvious and so true :thumb:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Give me a DL with DOB and address, and I can most likely crack your bank accounts as well. It's called social engineering and with that information, I can get most support representatives to release account information.

Mail box is as Risky as any other form of information exchange and rarely secured. :facepalm:

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
<Tapping mic, is this thing even on>

You. Already. Gave. The. Vendor. ALL. The. Information. On. Your. License. WILLINGLY. When. You. Placed. Your. Order.

You trust your juice maker for example to mix juice that won't kill you but you don't trust him with your license?

(Yeah, I'd probably ink out my pic, but the vendor sure doesn't need that and I actually AM paranoid.)
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: AnthonyB

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
As things get more and more real with time slipping away to enforcement day, there will be runs on products, vendors will likely be unable to keep up with demand from the growing numbers of hoarders, and some vendors will likely just choose to close shop in light of an oppressive market. It's nice to think that things will go our way, and someone will be successful obtaining an injunction or whatever strategy they dream up, but currently, this is the law of the land, and depending on how agressive the FDA comes out of the box on 8/9/16, and how things play out with vaping being treated with the same framework as combustible tobacco, there could very well be nothing but tumbleweeds on the horizon for folks who did not plan ahead.

Personally, I think that they are going to be very aggressive, and make some strong examples out of vendors they find who are not compliant. These folks hate smoking,it's their job to make marketing tobacco products difficult. And I think at least some of them see vaping as just another form of smoking. All of this is just my own personal thoughts on the matter, I am not much of an optimist.

All i can say is that i hope you are wrong ! I have read the regs through twice, and the only requirement i saw that could possibly be enforced ( that might affect me ) on 8/9/16, is the photo i.d requirement. There is not even a registration requirement or product listing requirement for large ( over 150 employees ) U.S. manufacturers until Dec 31. This requirement doesn't even extend to Chinese manufacturers as of yet. U.S. eliquid manufacturers with less than 150 employees, don't even need to list their liquid ingredients until Aug 2017. Why would they close shop before then ? The photo i.d. requirement !? I honestly don't see a vendor who is making money closing shop any sooner than they need to.

They may crack down on some retailers who they deem to be engaging in "false or misleading labeling or advertising " or who sell to minors, or don't i.d. etc ..., or who are selling products that weren't on the U.S. market as of 8/7/2016 ... but there is nothing else they can enforce.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
No, I didn't. I NEVER provide my DL number. I don't have credit cards. And I sure as Hades don't provide a copy of my DL to anyone.

So......do you not order online?/ Or, are you more like me?
I do use alternate means to make payments that both protect my information and automatically notify me of purchases within minutes.
Still, If there is a Federal Requirement, I may be forced to (1)challenge, (2)Comply or (3) Find alternative sourcing.

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
MINOR issue??

You cannot be serious.
How many millions of pieces of LEGIT non-vape mail do you think is coming from China?
They would have to x-ray every single piece or start training sniffer dogs to smell machine oil. LOL.

Did you not read where Fasttech already uses a Person's Name and street address as their return address on vape mail?
Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Yes, all of my FT orders are from a name and street address...and all of the recent ones show the contents as "Electronic Cigarette Accessories," even though I there are other items that are not E-Cig related in those orders.

Last edited:

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
As I was in the "transport" biz for a while, yes, the government could easily decree that shipments be checked and seized. And if you think a "false" return address will sneak an item through.......

There are already efforts underway to scrutinize more shipments coming into major ports. You under estimate the deviousness of our government and the lengths it will go to.

When did being an ex-trucker make anyone an expert in Customs, Duty and Excise?

Customs and Border Patrol now fall under the auspices of Homeland Security. The Chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, Senator Ron Johnson (R) WI, has fired the only meaningful shot across the FDA's bow in recent days. I think it may be safe to assume that unless the FDA comes up with good answers to his very tough questions, we won't see a meaningful effort to stop overseas shipments of vaping related equipment and supplies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
yeah lots of glasses abuse and addiction going on?

It came out of the back alleys when Harry Potter made lenses socially acceptable. I've read reports of clandestine frame parties happening with the middle school crowd. Some studies have shown them to be a gateway to colored contact lens abuse. Enforcement agencies refer to this new problem as the "Wild West of Vision" with no end in sight.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
When did being an ex-trucker make anyone an expert in Customs, Duty and Excise?

Customs and Border Patrol now fall under the auspices of Homeland Security. The Chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, Senator Ron Johnson (R) WI, has fired the only meaningful shot across the FDA's bow in recent days. I think it may be safe to assume that unless the FDA comes up with good answers to his very tough questions, we won't see a meaningful effort to stop overseas shipments of vaping related equipment and supplies.
So now smugglers and terrorists will use ecigs as a shipping cover?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
It came out of the back alleys when Harry Potter made lenses socially acceptable. I've read reports of clandestine frame parties happening with the middle school crowd. Some studies have shown them to be a gateway to colored contact lens abuse. Enforcement agencies refer to this new problem as the "Wild West of Vision" with no end in sight.
Yep eyeglass abuse exists! found with google.

"
Where Can I buy fake eyeglasses for fashion?

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
So now smugglers and terrorists will use ecigs as a shipping cover?

I can imagine it now, we'll see ISIS sporting a new Toyota truck under the cover of an Innokin Coolfire IV. "No, it's no truck, only vaping mod."

"Oh no, is not case of stinger missles, it's a case of vaping juice."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread