PETA is fighting FDA..good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
SADLY, This seems to be misguided SPIN, something I had hoped the community would not emulate.

The Actual Article many are borrowing from and one actually linked:

Smoking Experiments on Animals

Under Archaic Methods:
6) tobacco industry scientists have concluded that “in vitro toxicology tests can be successfully used both for better understanding the biological activity of cigarette smoke … and for guiding the development of cigarettes with reduced toxicity.

Well, isn't that hilarious. We now HAVE that (e-cigs), and they're being regulated out of existence.

Reactions: Katya

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Recently PETA has risen against the FDA over these new regulations that are set for 2018. They are worried that the new approval process will cause countless animals to suffer as animal-testing will be all but mandatory. Check the full article here. :thumbs:

At this Point, I can Almost welcome PETA jumping in on our side.

Almost.

LOL

Reactions: B2L

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
So... PETA doesn't give a rat's behind about the actual humans involved here - right?

Nope - still don't like the often misguided PETA.

Speaking of: Perhaps this article may be of interest. Didn't find any mention of vaping when I did a search at their sight, but this popped up:

Eating According to Your Zodiac Sign | Vegan Food | Living | PETA

:facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: B2L

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
:D

meat_eaters.jpg

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
How is this misguided? If so..I will adjust the article as needed.

PETA isn't fighting for vaping rights. They're fighting against the testing of tobacco products on animals. They're not concerned about vaping at all.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
PETA isn't fighting for vaping rights. They're fighting against the testing of tobacco products on animals. They're not concerned about vaping at all.

Agreed, they are in this for their own agenda, and hitching a ride on our cause for the sake of that. They will USE anyone they can. Give them the straight hard dump. I've seen this kind of thing before and it will only dilute and discredit our own cause and muddy the waters.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Agreed, they are in this for their own agenda, and hitching a ride on our cause for the sake of that. They will USE anyone they can. Give them the straight hard dump. I've seen this kind of thing before and it will only dilute and discredit our own cause and muddy the waters.

This is how it Starts....................

No,
Vaping Activist - NOT PETA............have started this (Fairy tail) - They support us CRAP. :facepalm:

Point in RED - We are our own worst enemy at times. :ohmy:

Reactions: pbanj

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I really don't think anyone is taking seriously the claim that PETA is fighting the FDA for vaping rights. That's just a strawman argument being presented by the OP. If one actually looked at PETA's complaint, you'd see that vaping isn't even mentioned.

In this case, it appears he's trying to hitch the cart to their argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread