Phiniac Hand Blown Pyrex Tanks - Products, News, Updates & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Thanks, it was actually easy to photo everything outdoors but indoors it wasn't going so well lol

Natural lighting is always the best! I can not wait until it is not freezing and we don't have several feet of snow to bring the tanks outside and photograph them! Summer batches will likely have better photos!

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Finally got some decent photos of my Petey and Rex!

Got front
2012-01-31_11-26-13_759-1.jpg

and back
2012-01-31_11-26-56_12-1.jpg

Very, very nice set-up. Like the song too, it's been a little bit since I heard some UGK. How do you like your sneaky pete? Thinking about getting myself one of those sooner or later. Just got myself a mini LavaTank. So, at least I got the batteries now.

We went through several prototypes before we got it right. The earliest ones the caps would not fit everytime or sometimes only on side. We also did not anneal the very first ones made (annealing is a process that makes the glass stronger) Without being annealed the tanks stood up to most of our drop test but not the more aggressive ones. Also getting a smooth cut was a challenge we overcame. In short we made a lot of tanks before we got it right. This the prototype tank I use, the cut is not very smooth and it was not annealed. I took the photo after it fell off the counter and hit the floor so hard that my cherry drip tip cracked in two but the tank came out fine!

DSC_0004.jpg

It also has a small crack on the inside as our cutting methods for our first try were not the best!

That's amazing how the tank survived the fall compared to the ming tip. Especially when it's made from glass. I'm really impressed with the durability. Which is a good thing since I do have mishaps with my mods sometimes.

Could only imagine how much work was put into something like this before the final product came about. Thank you so much for posting a pic for me. Really appreciate it.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
That's amazing how the tank survived the fall compared to the ming tip. Especially when it's made from glass. I'm really impressed with the durability. Which is a good thing since I do have mishaps with my mods sometimes.

Could only imagine how much work was put into something like this before the final product came about. Thank you so much for posting a pic for me. Really appreciate it.

My pleasure! Yes they are durable and should have no problem surviving common every day accidents! We don't however suggest throwing them against garage doors onto concrete (although we have video to prove they will survive that too) I can't tell you how many times mine has fallen off a counter top, rolled off a table, toppled over and even got flung across the kitchen accidentally and mine is not even annealed! I am pretty rough on my PV which is why I chose a rugged Buzz Pro.

Lots of work did go into this until we came up with a product that we felt met the standards and quality we were aiming for. It took 4 months to get to the end result and a bunch of wasted glass.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Darn, I was planning on doing that too! LOL Just joking, I wouldn't dare do something like that since I'm going to cherish this tank. But wow, that's crazy how your tank survived all of that when it's not even annealed. I'm feeling really good with my purchase now and will be getting more in the future. OH, I finally got myself a tube mod to accommodate my tank. It's a mini lavatube and I hope that it works good.

Good thing is that I already set myself up for a Sneaky Pete when the time comes. I understand that it uses an 18350 battery too. Have you used one of those yet?

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Darn, I was planning on doing that too! LOL Just joking, I wouldn't dare do something like that since I'm going to cherish this tank. But wow, that's crazy how your tank survived all of that when it's not even annealed. I'm feeling really good with my purchase now and will be getting more in the future. OH, I finally got myself a tube mod to accommodate my tank. It's a mini lavatube and I hope that it works good.

Good thing is that I already set myself up for a Sneaky Pete when the time comes. I understand that it uses an 18350 battery too. Have you used one of those yet?

No I have not, my main PV is a buzz pro which uses 16340, so I already had a bunch of them, so that is what I use with the sneaky pete!

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
So, how do you like your sneaky pete so far? Really been keeping an eye on them for a little bit now and they seem to be good wooden box mods.

For a 3.7 volt mod it is pretty good. Personally I prefer regulation and VV. However it does exactly what it is meant to do. It is a small unit (nicely crafted at that) you can easily throw it in your pocket and I have a feeling it will be my go to mod come summer time when I am looking for something to throw in the front pocket of my shorts to head down to the lake for a swim or whatever.

Odium

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2011
TX
Very, very nice set-up. Like the song too, it's been a little bit since I heard some UGK. How do you like your sneaky pete? Thinking about getting myself one of those sooner or later. Just got myself a mini LavaTank. So, at least I got the batteries now.

It's a great little wood mod! It does exactly what you would expect of a 3.7 mod but just looks much snazzier doing it lol.

I hadn't listened to any UGK in a while myself...not since I was younger. I got a little older and found out that my favorite genre of music is actually classic rock :). However, I used to be one of those guys with huge speakers and amps in the trunk of my car so UGK was right up my ally lol

Katy

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Houston, TX
I just order (& got word that it shipped right away) a Sneaky Pete. I'm not sure of which battery to buy though, On your website it says either a 16340 or an 18350. Since the 18350 is a bit wider and longer, will it fit or have to be forced in. Also ... apparently (while giving more power) the 18350 AW battery only comes as an IRM. Is that safe to use? I hope to get batteries as soon as possible so that I can use my beautiful Sneaky Pete!

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
I just order (& got word that it shipped right away) a Sneaky Pete. I'm not sure of which battery to buy though, On your website it says either a 16340 or an 18350. Since the 18350 is a bit wider and longer, will it fit or have to be forced in. Also ... apparently (while giving more power) the 18350 AW battery only comes as an IRM. Is that safe to use? I hope to get batteries as soon as possible so that I can use my beautiful Sneaky Pete!

I use a protected 18350 in mine. Fits perfectly in there, no forcing needed. I've never used a high drain battery, but I know that protected batts are safe :)

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
How much juice does each size tank hold?

The Tall Boy Tank Holds holds 3.2ml of juice and the XL holds 3.8ml, the regular size holds a tad bit under 3ml.

Please keep in mind, due to the heat process used to create these tanks there will be very slight variations in tank sizes.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
I have a Buzz Pro also. The Powerizer batteries are the same as 16340's ... could I safely use those in the mini Sneaky Pete?

The powerizer batteries are wonderful batteries (my favorite) but unfortunately they are not protected. They are safe to use in your Buzz Pro as the Buzz has all sorts of protection built into it so the batteries do not have to be protected. However, the Sneaky Pete does not have any built in protection so you will need to use protected batteries with it.

On a positive note, if you pick yourself a few protected 16340's you already have a charger to charge them on as they will charge in the same charger your powerizers do. I was lucky, I purchased my buzz before mike started carrying the powerizer, so I had 8 - 10 protected 16340's that were no longer being used as we upgraded to the powerizers. So now I use those with my Pete!

Katy

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Houston, TX
Thanks for the swift replies to both my questions about the tank sizes and the Powerizer batteries. From doing some other investigating for batteries for the Sneaky Pete, I've gathered that 18350's would give more power. Can anyone recommend a "protected" 18350 for me and where I might get them?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread