Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Maybe I'm missing something here but I dont understand why we think/believe/know/guess the FDA is likely to approve the pod systems for sale versus taxing the heck out of our traditional stuff. Both traditional and pod systems are vaping whether open or closed systems. IMO the FDA's emphasis is to make tons of money and they are using the excuse that vaping leads to smoking, vaping is more dangerous than smoking, yada, yada, for all these regulations. They would be cutting their nose to spite their face if they didnt simply allow everything to exist and tax them like cigs.
    I think the FDA would like all vaping shut down. Their money comes from the cessation pharm stuff like Chantix. The states just want tax money and probably don't care what is on the market as long as they get a big tax on it. BT is in the middle, if vaping is shut down, they will sell more cigs. If closed systems are all that is available, they will sell their cigs and their closed system vaping devices. BT is in a win-win situation, bought and paid for.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    I think the FDA would like all vaping shut down. Their money comes from the cessation pharm stuff like Chantix. The states just want tax money and probably don't care what is on the market as long as they get a big tax on it. BT is in the middle, if vaping is shut down, they will sell more cigs. If closed systems are all that is available, they will sell their cigs and their closed system vaping devices. BT is in a win-win situation, bought and paid for.
    Not that I dont agree with but why wouldnt BT simply get into the traditional vaping market themselves? If they get the FDA to shut it down, some vapers will switch to closed systems, some will go back to cigs, some will quit everything, and those of us who stocked up - the minority of vapers - will go on as we have been. If they tap the whole traditional vaping market they make money from smokers and vapers.

I suppose this would be common sense which governments and most big companies are not known to have.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Not that I dont agree with but why wouldnt BT simply get into the traditional vaping market themselves? If they get the FDA to shut it down, some vapers will switch to closed systems, some will go back to cigs, some will quit everything, and those of us who stocked up - the minority of vapers - will go on as we have been. If they tap the whole traditional vaping market they make money from smokers and vapers.

I suppose this would be common sense which governments and most big companies are not known to have.

BT wants closed systems, that is where they make the most money--disposables and without much competition. If open systems are shut down, they may eventually go for pmta's on open systems but they would never make as much money since people will modify them and refill them with diy etc. I remember buying those cartridges (disposable) when I first started. Man, that was expensive.

Since they may be the few who can afford to apply for pmta on open systems, they would have the monopoly so to speak.

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    BT wants closed systems, that is where they make the most money--disposables and without much competition. If open systems are shut down, they may eventually go for pmta's on open systems but they would never make as much money since people will hack them and refill them with diy etc. I remember buying those cartridges (disposable) when I first started. Man, that was expensive.
    Yup, you're right - didnt think of it that way. Those Logic cartridges I started with cost me $23 for a five-pack that lasted five days. These new pods aren't cheap either. It's all about money.

dmska

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2011
    BT wants closed systems, that is where they make the most money--disposables and without much competition. If open systems are shut down, they may eventually go for pmta's on open systems but they would never make as much money since people will modify them and refill them with diy etc. I remember buying those cartridges (disposable) when I first started. Man, that was expensive.

Since they may be the few who can afford to apply for pmta on open systems, they would have the monopoly so to speak.
    They could just as easily make eLiquid or buy out existing companies.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    I used the Njoy daily disposables. I ordered the classic tobacco njoy cync starter kit just to try it out. Njoy also has a new recharge daily kit too. Also have the ordered to try it once they ship it. I really like the 45 mg njoy classic tobacco juice. Hoping I can find a cheaper way than disposables.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    I used the Njoy daily disposables. I ordered the classic tobacco njoy cync starter kit just to try it out. Njoy also has a new recharge daily kit too. Also have the ordered to try it once they ship it. I really like the 45 mg njoy classic tobacco juice. Hoping I can find a cheaper way than disposables.

I imagine you are talking about the NJOY Daily--I like it too. The issue with their Classic Tobacco liquid is that it only comes in 45 mg/mL (4.5%) in the cartos. The actual liquid sold by itself comes in 15 mg/mL at its highest.

The Cync is totally refillable, so you'd only need to supply liquid (either DIY or premade).

Reactions: bnrkwest

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    APVs have components just like stereos. I found the best stereos had components from different makers. The amp, tuner, equalizer, turn table, tapedeck, speakers and some even had reel to reels.

Having a vaping system or AIO makes me leary. When I smoked, it was an AIO and it, well, sucked. I was addicted to the chemicals, though.

Now, I can vape in a way that has sooo much more. I like searching for thr best of each component. I like having thousands of flavors, too.

Hmmm...

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Anyone tried these ? Not pods, but same idea. Works with regular Egos.

Prefilled Tanks for Convenience Vaping from NJOY

They used to come only in 15 mg, but they've added 10 and 25 too.

Hey @Mazinny, I have tried those before and I think they are fantastic little clearos (the flavors are just okay tho). My issue was they only came in 15 mg/mL. I will buy some more now (I need higher nic for MTL).

Edit: I have not tried their new flavors. The last I had one (about a month ago), I actually liked the menthol best. Go figure.

Last edited:

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Maybe I'm missing something here but I dont understand why we think/believe/know/guess the FDA is likely to approve the pod systems for sale versus taxing the heck out of our traditional stuff. Both traditional and pod systems are vaping whether open or closed systems. IMO the FDA's emphasis is to make tons of money and they are using the excuse that vaping leads to smoking, vaping is more dangerous than smoking, yada, yada, for all these regulations. They would be cutting their nose to spite their face if they didnt simply allow everything to exist and tax them like cigs.
    The FDA doesn't tax or get tax money, and rather than BT, I think the FDA works on behalf of BP. BP would like to see vaping wiped off the face of the earth no doubt. I'd be surprised if anything at all gets approved. Vapers either switch to NRTs or go back to smoking and later end up on BP's cancer meds. It's all a win for BP.

It's the states that are beholden to BT for their tobacco tax revenues.

Reactions: Bea-FL

disley

ECF Veteran
    Nov 30, 2013
    Australia
    I've had the MY. Von Erl for 4 days now and I'm using it as my carry around kit, it's perfect for going out and being discrete.
    As they become more available I expect to see smokers using them to transition to vaping.
    They're so easy, pop it in your mouth and treat like a cigarette, no buttons to press all you do is suck and it's very similar to a cigarette.
    It can be used as a MtL and DL vaping device.
    There are youtube videos showing how to refill them, and even buying new pods the price is similar to the quad coils sold by smok and other companies.
    I'm still on my first pod and estimate they will last me a week each, for $4 that's reasonable.
    I have lots of vape gear and this has its place amongst it.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    Having a vaping system or AIO makes me leary.

I thought that, too, until I got my joyetech AIO
    Now the provari and tanks and everything else sits on shelf. My AIO is as close to perfect vape for MTL as I've ever owned.

AIO can malfunction..........but so can your battery, so can your separate tank so if either one goes out you are stuck with same OUTCOME as AIO going out. :)

i think things go in cycles. Box mods were all the rage and then there will be the day when they........aren't. And that would happen w/ or w/out the FDA. Hobbyist vaping has been very in vogue.....yet it seems like many people get tired of "fiddling" and end up opting for something simple in their next phase.

I think a lot of people are going to be happy about "smaller stuff" making the scene again. Esp. after all the cloud blowing contests, sub-ohming, etc. Not everyone WANTS that.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    "variables"

Open systems have way to many so this is what closed systems hope to address.

Personally I'm thinking the industry is going to devolve with simple closed systems that may have a prayer of getting approved.

Once others (other than BT) have systems approved then a logical evolution can be introduced - replaceable battery, atomizer, exc.

In the mean time, it sounds like there might be better choices at the low end over cigalikes. I'm all for vape gear that is better than cigalikes.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    The Cync is totally refillable, so you'd only need to supply liquid (either DIY or premade).
    I looked at that & thought it might be fun as an extra when out and about. How long does it battery last, do you know? I couldnt find any info on that.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I looked at that & thought it might be fun as an extra when out and about. How long does it battery last, do you know? I couldn't find any info on that.

Don't know how long it will hold out, but the standard battery is apparently 380 mAh. The micro is 200 mAh. From my cigalike days, I imagine that's just enough to get you through one pod with a standard battery.

Reactions: Bea-FL

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    I looked at that & thought it might be fun as an extra when out and about. How long does it battery last, do you know? I couldnt find any info on that.

If using as a main device, the battery life will piss you off. If using as a supplemental device (in the car, stealth-vape situations, church bathroom, LOL, etc.) or as a gift to a friend that smokes, the battery life will be less of an issue. It is not much battery life at all. It's died on me once, and since then I just keep it charged.

I will be getting another Cync, though not another Juul.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    I have been. But they are sold out! Does anyone know where else they sell them?
    Vaping (dot) com has been the only place that shows up for purchase. I know they had a "notify when back in stock" but I dont see that any more on the XOLO page.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread