The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by Mr.Mann, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. smoked25years

smoked25years Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2018
    Thought I'd share my own experience in case it is helpful to others who are quitting cigarettes and just getting started with vaping.

I currently have 3 pod mods: Juul, Suorin Air and Suorin Drop. I transitioned from smoking cigarettes to vaping Juul in the beginning of February. It was extremely easy to switch even after 25 years of smoking cigarettes. I bought the mint and Virginia tobacco pods. The mint was what worked for me. Although I was not a menthol smoker, the cooling effect gave me satisfaction. Without the cooling effect of menthol, vaping other flavors didn't feel like I was doing anything.

But there was a problem with Juul. I was getting too much nicotine each time I vaped. That actually caused me to smoke cigarettes! Smoking to get less nicotine! Even though I smoked 25 years, cigarettes were terribly unpleasant by comparison and eventually I got used to the high nicotine in the Juul. Of course, increasing my dependence on nicotine was NOT what I wanted.

After a week or so, I picked up a Suorin Air. Loved it then and still love it now. But the variety of e-liquid flavors and brands is overwhelming! Locally, I found terribly overpowering menthols and fruity menthols that made me feel like I'm drowning in Jolly Rancher candies. And the Naked 100 smelled so strong that putting it in 3 zip lock bags wasn't enough. I ended up having to put the bottle in the freezer so that it wouldn't fill the room with the pleasant but overpowering smell of melon candy. What I wanted was the Juul mint flavor at a lower nicotine level.

The empty Juul Pods were handy to refill and test out different flavors without wasting a new Suorin Air pod. I labeled them with pieces of masking tape so that I could keep track of what was in each pod. I'm still trying out new flavors but I have managed to find a few that I like, including the Mr Salt E menthol and the Halo Kringle's Curse and Tribeca. Those two Halo flavors are kind of sweet though. I'm still looking for a peppermint that's not too sweet. I might try the candy cane from Virgin Vapes next.

Just got the Suorin Drop today. The included pod wasn't hitting but I tried another pod and it hits every time. It has a tighter and smoother pull compared to my Suorin Air. Although the Drop is attractive, has a heavier build, and feels nice in the hand, I think that the Air has a more practical design. I like that the Air has an on/off switch and shows all the fluid and the cotton. On the Drop, I have to pull out the pod to see the cotton. I also like the magnetic connection on the Air. The Drop snaps in place and fits securely but it is just not as nice as a magnetic connection. Also, the Air is much more convenient to fill. Although the two chambers on the Drop are connected, somehow air pockets form on one side and it can be a bit fiddly.

If I could start over again, I'm not sure that if I'd buy the Juul again. Increasing my nicotine was the opposite of what I wanted. In addition to the nicotine being too much for me, the hardware isn't great. The first hit on a new pod was perfect but after the first hit then I'd have to fiddle with the connection of the pod and regularly tap the pods to get rid of air bubbles that form near the wick. I wish the the Juul had a magnetic connection like the Air. I also wish Juul would offer pods with different concentrations of nicotine. If I started over again, I'd rather start with the Air or Drop and 25 salt nicotine (half what's in the Juul pods) and try to cut back to 6 free base nicotine... and eventually 0.

Right now my nicotine is probably higher than it was before I started vaping because of the Juul. I'm working on getting it down and the Air and Drop seem to be the right tools. The vapor production on the Air and Drop is much more than the amount of smoke that I'd inhale from a cigarette and I would not want more. So I would not want to use a sub ohm device. Now that I have the tools that I need, it's just a matter of weaning myself off of the nicotine with lower and lower concentration.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. smoked25years

Mar 8, 2018
    One drawback to pod systems is most can't be easily cleaned. Condensation etc forms in the chimney of the Suorin air pods and I would like to be able to clean that out at least daily. But I don't know an easy way to clean it. The coils seem to last me a good amount of time.

I like the convenience of pods since I am switching between nicotine strengths. But I could use 2 Breeze devices instead of 1 Air with multiple pods. I really like the Suorin air but I ordered a Aspire Breeze simply because I would like to be able to regularly clean the chimney and drip tip. I'd definitely keep the Air for backup. And I have not found a pod system that I like better.

A lot of new pod systems are coming out but most seem to be just copying the designs of other popular systems. And some of the new ones seem to be more about style than practical design. I'd like to see future pod systems that are easier to clean.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. smoked25years

Mar 8, 2018
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. orior

orior Full Member

Aug 2, 2016
    You can try to do what I did. search the web intensively and buy as much batteries as you can. Atomizers are still available without much problem. I managed to gather 30 eroll batteries that should supply me with some 8-10 more years with the eroll.
    I also couldn't find something that is effective as the eroll. Every little vape device that joins the market has its annoyances and doesn't match the eroll.

Also consider writing to joyetech about the absence of the eroll, it can't hurt. I did it, and maybe if more people wrote to them about it, they would understand what a gem it was, and would maybe consider to bring it back to the market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.