• Reason: Flooding

CASEACE79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Delaware
May i know what is the difference?

It all comes down to the conductivity of the metals used. Copper is the base for the IACS conductivity scale so it's measured at 100%. Silver measures at 105% and is the best conductor of heat. Here's a link. http://www.kp44.org/electric/ElectricalConductivityOfMaterials.php

What does this mean as a vaper? In a mechanical mod it makes a huge difference in the amount of energy lost between the battery and the atomizer connector. Better metals result in much better performance.

CASEACE79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Delaware
Seriously, can you vape a 3ohm atty when battery voltage drops to 3.4? Can it even produce vapor at less than 4 watts?

If you use the correct batteries this is not an issue. AW IMR batteries are great but not the best battery for mechanical mods. The MNKE 18650 is safer when running low ohm coils as it has a 20 amp continuous output. The voltage drop off is substantially less. It holds the 3.7v (under load) through almost the entire charge of the battery. Only downside is that it's only 1500 mah.

dBm0

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Georgia
Gathering that many RBA experts prefer mechanicals because they can push their RBAs beyond inherent limits that regulated voltage/wattage mods have. New to RBAs myself and until now I always though having the ability to regulate the wattage at the coils in a mod with decent safety features was the way to go, but now...:confused: IDK. See all these posts of folks loving their mechanicals with RBAs. Guess knowing your batteries amperage limits for the atty res is key in mechanicals. Just when I though I mastered VW vaping...LOL. Always something new to consider.

Last edited:

CASEACE79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Delaware
Or for a real high end fix, 24k gold lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

24k gold is just for show. Why spend extra $ for less conductivity. That's the real reason I suggested the silver contacts. With mechs it's all about getting the least amount of voltage drop from the battery to the atomizer. Silver is the best conductor on the planet. The downside to silver is that it is very soft and tarnishes fairly easily. Brass is a decent conductor but much harder metal. Rhodium is another very good option. Very hard metal and never tarnishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread