Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If I were to freeze down some nicotine how soon must I use it once I thaw it out again? Also, how long would it last in the freezer. Like everyone else I'm thinking of the vaping apocalypse. :)

I like to think about Freezing Nicotine Base as hitting the "Pause Button".

So if the Life Span of Nicotine Base is a couple of Years, if I freeze it when I first get it then I should have a couple of Years after I thaw it out.

BTW - I don't want to Thaw Out all my Nicotine Base just so I can access a portion of it. And then have to Re-Freeze what I don't need. So instead of Freezing a 1L Bottle of 100mg, I break the 1L down into 4 250ml bottles. Then when I run out, I just thaw a 25ml bottle and away I go.

BTW2 - I would Highly Recommend that you freeze Nicotine Base in Glass Bottles with Poly Caps.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
BTW - I don't want to Thaw Out all my Nicotine Base just so I can access a portion of it. And then have to Re-Freeze what I don't need. So instead of Freezing a 1L Bottle of 100mg, I break the 1L down into 4 250ml bottles. Then when I run out, I just thaw a 25ml bottle and away I go.

BTW2 - I would Highly Recommend that you freeze Nicotine Base in Glass Bottles with Poly Caps.

Naturally not the whole lot no. I am actually in the process of purchasing 10 x 100ml amber bottles so when i need the nicotine I just take out one bottle.

i needed to ask this because with food, once you thaw it out you have to use it very quickly so I was wondering how long nicotine would last in a fresh state once thawed.

Thanks for your input. :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Naturally not the whole lot no. I am actually in the process of purchasing 10 x 100ml amber bottles so when i need the nicotine I just take out one bottle.

i needed to ask this because with food, once you thaw it out you have to use it very quickly so I was wondering how long nicotine would last in a fresh state once thawed.

Thanks for your input. :)

Using 10 x 100ml Bottles is a Good Call.

As too how long the Nicotine will be Good after thawing? I Dunno? A Year? 18 Months?

There isn't much to go Bad in Nicotine Base. And if your Nicotine Base has some PG in it, not much is going to want to grown in it.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle

As too how long the Nicotine will be Good after thawing? I Dunno? A Year? 18 Months?

There isn't much to go Bad in Nicotine Base. And if your Nicotine Base has some PG in it, not much is going to want to grown in it.

Oh I'm sure I would use it up much quicker than that. What I have is a liter of 8mg nic in 70/30 PG/VG so it will go relatively quick. This was my first DIY buy and I wanted to test the waters - like how good the product was, how quick the delivery, whether I would have trouble importing it into Malta etc so I went for something that was not too expensive. Now I know I can get more in a higher grade of nicotine and that is what I really intend to freeze. This bottle I have I'll probably just keep in the fridge since it has a two year shelf life.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Freezing absolutely not. Keeping them in the fridge, absolutely yes, specially if it's seldom used. I buy big 18 mg bottles, and take them down to 16 mg in 30ml bottles. The rest is in the fridge, in a sealed box so it doesn't contaminate food and it's in perfect shape. Also great for steeping flavors, this is my preferred method, I generally keep 500ml and use the newer bottles.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Freezing absolutely not. Keeping them in the fridge, absolutely yes, specially if it's seldom used. I buy big 18 mg bottles, and take them down to 16 mg in 30ml bottles. The rest is in the fridge, in a sealed box so it doesn't contaminate food and it's in perfect shape. Also great for steeping flavors, this is my preferred method, I generally keep 500ml and use the newer bottles.

What's wrong with Freezing Nicotine Base?

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Freezing absolutely not.

I'm a little surprised by this,. But in any case from you second post it seems the problem is not the nicotine itself but the VG. So would you still say absolutely not if I got a 100%PG nicotine base and then adjusted the percentages with (unfrozen) VG, I don't do very high VG anyway.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Again, PG doesn't freeze. Why would you do that? just putting your base in the refrigerator is EXACTLY the same. Nic lasts two years for sure, but I've seen the th degrade after 14 months.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
A Nic lasts two years for sure, but I've seen the th degrade after 14 months.
]Well that's to bad then. I was thinking of stocking up since in a year or so it would be very difficult to get nicotine base in the EU. The Tobacco Directive even excludes distance selling so I wouldn't be able to get it from Buenos Aires either! :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Guys, I've been at this for 6 years, tried everything. Do what you wish, but don't ask if you don't want to hear otherwise.

Again, PG doesn't freeze. Why would you do that? just putting your base in the refrigerator is EXACTLY the same. Nic lasts two years for sure, but I've seen the th degrade after 14 months.

Yeah... I've been doing DIY about as long as you have. And I have also read Hundreds of Posts from people who are Not having problems putting Nicotine Base in their Freezers. And like I mentioned, I have Frozen Nicotine Base Myself.

In fact, I'm vaping on an e-Liquid that had been Frozen right Now.

LOL

I guess putting Nicotine Base in the Freezer just Isn't for you. That's Cool.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yeah... I've been doing DIY about as long as you have. And I have also read Hundreds of Posts from people who are Not having problems putting Nicotine Base in their Freezers. And like I mentioned, I have Frozen Nicotine Base Myself.

LOL

Does your vodka freeze in your freezer? In mine it doesn't, so I don't see the point. Antifreeze is also alcohol, so it doesn't freeze either.

I save money for a little journey to the US every year, and buy around 2 liters of my fav eliquids before taking them back to Baires. Vaping is forbidden here, but specially nicotine based liquids. 600/800 bucks of eliquid a year is worth the journey, so I can see old friends! England is not that far away the EU, or Spain for that matter!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

LOL

Does your vodka freeze in your freezer? In mine it doesn't, so I don't see the point. Antifreeze is also alcohol, so it doesn't freeze either.

I save money for a little journey to the US every year, and buy around 2 liters of my fav eliquids before taking them back to Baires. Vaping is forbidden here, but specially nicotine based liquids. 600/800 bucks of eliquid a year is worth the journey, so I can see old friends! England is not that far away the EU, or Spain for that matter!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I don't Drink anymore. But I don't recall Vodka Freezing Solid when I did.

Here's a Question for you...

How come the Frozen Orange Juice concentrate I buy will stay good for Years? But the OJ I buy in the Store only lasts for about a Week in the Frig?

The OJ concentrate Isn't frozen Solid. More of a Slurry. At lest in my Freezer it is.

Kinda like what my Nicotine Base looks like when I Freeze it.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I like to think about Freezing Nicotine Base as hitting the "Pause Button".

So if the Life Span of Nicotine Base is a couple of Years, if I freeze it when I first get it then I should have a couple of Years after I thaw it out.

This is exactly why I store mine in 30ml bottles, so that once I take one out of the freezer to use some of it, I don't have so much nicotine in the fridge instead of the freezer -- I only make small batches of ejuice at a time.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread