RDA Round-Table Discussion and Lookout

Status
Not open for further replies.

batteredwombat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015

Interesting, but I always like a direct saturation of the coil and drain, seems to give the best flavor. This seems like it is relying on the juice to travel up the wick from the wells. On my o-16 i dont even put cotton in the well, just cut off at sides and squonk till the whole coil is submerged. Just my 2 cents on how I like to squonk.

Last edited:

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Boost Lab released B2 of their Shift-BF. I have a B1 version and is an amazing flavor atty.

It was so good I ordered a B2 before they are gone.

upload_2017-5-7_8-49-27.png

New changes include:

• Stainless steel cap replaces the black PEEK cap of batch 1. New cap is 1mm taller than batch 1, for better air flow.
  • Wide bore Ultem drip tip replaces the black Delrin drip tip.
  • Larger air inlet with revised shape, allowing for a wider range of usable air flow settings. Air flow can now be made even tighter or looser than the batch 1.
Note: Batch 1 and Batch 2 caps and decks are NOT interchangeable!

Boost Lab - "Shift-BF Batch 2" Bottom Feed Rebuildable Atomizer

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I had the same issue trying to get a clapton or fused clapton to stay in mine. I saw a tip to take the screws out and flip the clamps over. This way the angled cutout is on top, allowing more metal to clamp onto the ends. Working well for me.

Anyone tried the wasp nano rda yet? How is it compared to the hadaly?

Fresh build on the hadaly sitting on the bolt v2. Flipped the clamps, and it holds the alien just fine. 28gx3 ss w 38g n80, reading at .22ohm

The way the clamps were positioned initially caused the ohms to jump all over the place, felt it wasn't safe to use on a mech. Flipped it and it works like a charm.

Even with a simple parallel 26g, the clamps couldn't clamp the leads down tightly.

6ccd9052104d8ad2bdd2400357e27b0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same issue trying to get a clapton or fused clapton to stay in mine. I saw a tip to take the screws out and flip the clamps over. This way the angled cutout is on top, allowing more metal to clamp onto the ends. Working well for me.

Anyone tried the wasp nano rda yet? How is it compared to the hadaly?

Fresh build on the hadaly sitting on the bolt v2. Flipped the clamps, and it holds the alien just fine. 28gx3 ss w 38g n80, reading at .22ohm

The way the clamps were positioned initially caused the ohms to jump all over the place, felt it wasn't safe to use on a mech. Flipped it and it works like a charm.

Even with a simple parallel 26g, the clamps couldn't clamp the leads down tightly.

6ccd9052104d8ad2bdd2400357e27b0b.jpg

Got some SS Flat Claptons from Advanced. Worked well on the Hadaly without flipping the tabs.

1-20170508_182559_7_bestshot.jpg

Needs more heat. A little too cool.

sophie_lapin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Awesomeville, FL
Help a noob?
I have been vaping for 7 years and I'm FINALLY ready to get my toes wet with an RDA. I typed in Hadaly and this thread came up so I hope I'm in the right place.
*Dense, warm flavor is my main objective (I'm not into clouds4days).*
My initial search has pointed me to a Hadaly RDA. None of the sites I usually buy from carry it anymore. Now I'm confused. Has it been replaced by something more in-demand?
Can someone please provide me with a link to a reputable vendor? I also would like to buy pre-made coil/wire from the same site if possible. I will get around to making my own but I'm on baby steps right now.
All I currently own is a babybeast tank on an AL85 and a Nautilus 2 tank on the Zelos. They are not cutting it for in-depth flavor. DIY e-juice is my hobby/passion.
Thank you for any and all help!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Here's the authentic Hadaly direct from manufacturer.
Occasionally, I've seen it for less - you may want to wait for someone who knows a place with a sale on. There are also tons of clones...personally, with the Hadaly, I went authentic so I don't know how good those are.

Help a noob?
I have been vaping for 7 years and I'm FINALLY ready to get my toes wet with an RDA. I typed in Hadaly and this thread came up so I hope I'm in the right place.
My initial search has pointed me to a Hadaly RDA. None of the sites I usually buy from carry it anymore. Now I'm confused. Has it been replaced by something more in-demand?
Can someone please provide me with a link to a reputable vendor? I also would like to buy pre-made coil/wire from the same site if possible. I will get around to making my own but I'm on baby steps right now.
All I currently own is a babybeast tank on an AL85 and a Nautilus 2 tank on the Zelos. They are not cutting it for in-depth flavor. DIY e-juice is my hobby/passion.

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
Idk how people can get a warm, dense flavor with simple coils in the hadaly. The mass just isn't enough for the amount of airflow and space in the deck. It performs way better with a large coil, 3-3.5mm, fused/alien. Granted it's gonna get hot, thus there's an ultem top cap, but after using it solely for 2 months, numeral builds through it, that's what I've found.

dmska

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Help a noob?
Hadaly RDA by Psyclone Mods Price is a little cheaper here.

Reactions: sophie_lapin

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Idk how people can get a warm, dense flavor with simple coils in the hadaly. The mass just isn't enough for the amount of airflow and space in the deck. It performs way better with a large coil, 3-3.5mm, fused/alien. Granted it's gonna get hot, thus there's an ultem top cap, but after using it solely for 2 months, numeral builds through it, that's what I've found.

I agree.

Pretty cool thread. :)

Reactions: inspects

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The Hadaly is a great first RDA as it is super easy to build on. I have had mine for four weeks now. I am aelling it on as I only use mech Squonkers and confirm the opinion above. It needs a big coil for big flavors due to all the space.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for some very pretty flow rings? I have a few Atty's on the way in varying sizes, including the 14mm Viper 2.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
There are 1 or two on the chinese sites, cheap.
Search "beauty ring" -
I don't have any of the fancy ones, but I have a couple of the plainer ones for O-16's.
5877401-3.jpg
6667400-2.jpg

After that, they kind of jump to $20...
2 good sources: Captivape (flowrings) and JMK (machi rings)
The Hadaly is a great first RDA as it is super easy to build on. I have had mine for four weeks now. I am aelling it on as I only use mech Squonkers and confirm the opinion above. It needs a big coil for big flavors due to all the space.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for some very pretty flow rings? I have a few Atty's on the way in varying sizes, including the 14mm Viper 2.

pls0138

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
I really like the design of the Musketeer rda. I've become squonk obsessed, but I have been keeping my eye out for a nice "traditional" dripper and I think this may be the one for me. I was considering the Govad, but the Musketeer looks to be more leak proof with a bigger juice well in comparison. Juice capacity and leaking were my two biggest concerns with the Govad.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I really like the design of the Musketeer rda. I've become squonk obsessed, but I have been keeping my eye out for a nice "traditional" dripper and I think this may be the one for me. I was considering the Govad, but the Musketeer looks to be more leak proof with a bigger juice well in comparison. Juice capacity and leaking were my two biggest concerns with the Govad.
I have enjoyed squonking my icon, and I have a pulse enroute.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Im sure you may have discussed the Avocado 24 , and Pharoah RDTA in this great thread... or does RDTA not apply?
I get immediate affirmation of my wants with these two, and because they dont require dripping (1.5 to 2ml juice-well/tank) I can understand how they might not... but yet so close why not?
I had kept a 50w ijustS in my car with a Crown tank, and every time i take a toke, it makes me cough (.25 or .50 ohms) in comparison to the smoother vape and better flavor of the RDTA/RDAs... not to mention I prefer TempControl ...
Anyway I keep both of these RDTA running every day and have decided to dump the Crown, the Babybeast etc, and all the like tank atomizers that may be convenient, but just dont make the grade for enjoyment imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread