FDA Recent OIRA meetings with several Senators posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
I've been keeping an eye on the deeming status on reginfo.gov, and noticed a few recent meetings pop in.

They have both been with Senators and both attended by Cecilia Munoz, White House Domestic Policy Council.

1/29/16 - requested by "Senator Ben Nelson", who is a former Senator from Nebraska (left office in 2013) and is now CEO of the National Association of insurance Commissioners per Wikipedia. I can't find any record on his stance on vaping, and it seems odd that he'd be involved and still listed as a "Senator" when he's no longer in office. I am almost wondering if this is a typo, as Bill Nelson (D-FL) was the main sponsor of the recent eliquid childproof cap legislation that Obama just signed.

2/11/16 - requested by Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ). According to a quick search, he seems to fully support the FDA regulations on e-cigarettes based on his responses to letters from his constituents. There is also some noise about his involvement with the FDA leadership on a knee surgery device and campaign contributions.

I'm sharing as I'm curious as to what this may mean. In lieu of any updates coming out of OIRA on the status of the deeming, I'm just trying to read the tea leaves....

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I've been keeping an eye on the deeming status on reginfo.gov, and noticed a few recent meetings pop in.

They have both been with Senators and both attended by Cecilia Munoz, White House Domestic Policy Council.

1/29/16 - requested by "Senator Ben Nelson", who is a former Senator from Nebraska (left office in 2013) and is now CEO of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners per Wikipedia. I can't find any record on his stance on vaping, and it seems odd that he'd be involved and still listed as a "Senator" when he's no longer in office. I am almost wondering if this is a typo, as Bill Nelson (D-FL) was the main sponsor of the recent eliquid childproof cap legislation that Obama just signed.

2/11/16 - requested by Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ). According to a quick search, he seems to fully support the FDA regulations on e-cigarettes based on his responses to letters from his constituents. There is also some noise about his involvement with the FDA leadership on a knee surgery device and campaign contributions.

I'm sharing as I'm curious as to what this may mean. In lieu of any updates coming out of OIRA on the status of the deeming, I'm just trying to read the tea leaves....
Why do I think that health issues were not discussed in those meetings? I love wishful thinking and I'm always wrong but it's reassuring that this is taking a long time to sort ouot. On another note, I think British vapers will turn out in force for the referendum on EU membership and they will vote no to escape the EU vaping rules. If they turned the election THAT would be some clout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread