The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

FDA may soon propose regulation that could ban many/most e-cigarette products, eliminate many/most companies

Discussion in 'Z Old Stickies' started by Bill Godshall, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. drtwain5

drtwain5 Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    TX
    "Sat" through some of this. Scary stuff! The prejudice, vitriol and preconceived conclusions of the anti-ecig (anti-nic) zealots was truly frightening. For a NY proposal based on risk of vapor compounds to bystanders, the attacks on health (from cardiovascular to metabolic), the "industry" (implied as a ....... of BT) and vapers (irresponsible and intellectually inferior) was infuriating and exceeded imbecility. Not god news for vapers I fear.

2. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    It's all straight from the master playbook they used to demonize smoking and smokers...
    Rampant Antismoking Signifies Grave Danger

3. Lisa Belle

Lisa Belle Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2010
    Sylvania, OH
    No it's not drtwain5 It shows us how much of a fight there is to remain having what we have. :vapor:

4. Lisa Belle

Apr 26, 2010
    Sylvania, OH
    YEP I just downloaded your link. The mailman sent me VELVET GLOVE IRON FIST By Christopher Snowdon. The only thing that saves us is each other, other wise the evil ANTZ ASHOLES will tear us to shreds. :vapor:

5. drtwain5

drtwain5 Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    TX
    It is not good news for vapers, I submit, on the basis of ideological positions and a purulent repulsion of anything ecig - emotional hyperbole, misrepresentations masked for facts and a misguided paternalistic obsession. On the other hand, agree it shows their weaknesses and should permit drafting an overall strategic response from our community. Infuriating still!

6. Lisa Belle

Apr 26, 2010
    Sylvania, OH
    https://www.facebook.com/events/521875657910018/

I hope some of you especially Canadian Vapers, we know you are here and you don't have much representation in the EU however here is an opportunity to join the rest of us Americans, Europeans with this TWITTER BOMB for the Sunday after the SILENT Saturday.

4X4 if this interests you and everyone please we are in a global fight to save Vaping for all of us. :vapor:

7. JD4x4

JD4x4 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2012
    Maryland
    Yes, I got the word and will do.

Just before Thanksgiving I realized that I had to give thanks to the FDA, CDC, and various governments & testifying vape opponents ...

I realized that even after what I've seen in my 62 years, I never truly understood the meaning of bigot until they gave me first hand examples.

Which by the way, is also a word that these very same people despise & hate to be called.

8. Lisa Belle

Apr 26, 2010
    Sylvania, OH
  9. hlk

hlk Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    No posts here since Dec 9th.. Any news on when the FDA will finally release their intentions?

10. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Admin
    Reviewers Mgr
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Rumor is October now.

Other info typically available in other threads here: Legislation News

:)

11. Technonut

Technonut Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA
  12. Lisa Belle

Apr 26, 2010
    Sylvania, OH
    Wonder what is up as we all do. I am on FB We Are Casaa, trying to find out, see nothing about this there. Will go to Skype next.

13. Sikko

Sikko Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Interesting read from an attorney that works with ecig makers.

h ttp://www.khlaw.com/webfiles/What_To_Expect.pdf

14. pamdis

pamdis Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2013
    IL
    Just saw a clip of GMA report from today about nicotine poisoning in kids. The last statement by the reporter:

TVECA has a countdown odometer on their website.

15. pamdis

pamdis Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2013
    IL
    TVCEA has now replaced the countdown odometer with this message:

Wonder if this still means it will be released by the FDA on Monday?

16. Lisa Belle

Apr 26, 2010
    Sylvania, OH
    Other sources that have spoke of this have said, they don't think it's coming Monday or even next week, more like a few months.
    " I'm not saying it won't happen on Monday but from the sources I have who are very close to the situation, they've not heard any dates announced."

Seems like there is some information missing yet, Monday will tell one way or another. It's dang frustrating this edginess that an over bloated under brained government agency can have on so called free citizens of the United States of America. :vapor:

17. 5150Marley

5150Marley Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2014
    Shhhh its a secret. ;)
  18. Koudotai

Koudotai Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2014
    Canyon Country
  19. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego