FDA may soon propose regulation that could ban many/most e-cigarette products, eliminate many/most companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

drtwain5

Nov 2, 2013
TX
http://legistar.council.nyc.gov/webcasts/
HOPE YOU ARE ALL LISTENING NOW TO NYC WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT! :vapor:

"Sat" through some of this. Scary stuff! The prejudice, vitriol and preconceived conclusions of the anti-ecig (anti-nic) zealots was truly frightening. For a NY proposal based on risk of vapor compounds to bystanders, the attacks on health (from cardiovascular to metabolic), the "industry" (implied as a ....... of BT) and vapers (irresponsible and intellectually inferior) was infuriating and exceeded imbecility. Not god news for vapers I fear.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
"Sat" through some of this. Scary stuff! The prejudice, vitriol and preconceived conclusions of the anti-ecig (anti-nic) zealots was truly frightening. For a NY proposal based on risk of vapor compounds to bystanders, the attacks on health (from cardiovascular to metabolic), the "industry" (implied as a ....... of BT) and vapers (irresponsible and intellectually inferior) was infuriating and exceeded imbecility. Not god news for vapers I fear.
It's all straight from the master playbook they used to demonize smoking and smokers...
Rampant Antismoking Signifies Grave Danger

drtwain5

Nov 2, 2013
TX
No it's not drtwain5 It shows us how much of a fight there is to remain having what we have. :vapor:

It is not good news for vapers, I submit, on the basis of ideological positions and a purulent repulsion of anything ecig - emotional hyperbole, misrepresentations masked for facts and a misguided paternalistic obsession. On the other hand, agree it shows their weaknesses and should permit drafting an overall strategic response from our community. Infuriating still!

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
https://www.facebook.com/events/521875657910018/

Question! I just asked Karolina Dam about this idea I had... Saturday the 14th, ‪#‎euecigban‬ goes silent. We ask EVERYONE not to tweet a #euecigban message on Saturday, ALL day... (well at least the majority will be in the know not to) and then when the twitterbomb goes live at 8pm the next day, there will be almost 30+ hours of (near) complete silence... it will help with the effect of "making some noise" on sunday? What do you guys think?
I hope some of you especially Canadian Vapers, we know you are here and you don't have much representation in the EU however here is an opportunity to join the rest of us Americans, Europeans with this TWITTER BOMB for the Sunday after the SILENT Saturday.

4X4 if this interests you and everyone please we are in a global fight to save Vaping for all of us. :vapor:

JD4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Maryland
Yes, I got the word and will do.

Just before Thanksgiving I realized that I had to give thanks to the FDA, CDC, and various governments & testifying vape opponents ...

I realized that even after what I've seen in my 62 years, I never truly understood the meaning of bigot until they gave me first hand examples.

Which by the way, is also a word that these very same people despise & hate to be called.

Last edited:

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
Just saw a clip of GMA report from today about nicotine poisoning in kids. The last statement by the reporter:

We asked the Tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association about all of this. Their CEO told ABC news that the FDA just sent him a copy of proposed regulations could be released publicly as early as Monday

TVECA has a countdown odometer on their website.

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
TVECA has a countdown odometer on their website.

TVCEA has now replaced the countdown odometer with this message:

The TVECA has had informal discussions with the FDA today, 4/18/2014, and we all decided that in the best interest of the regulatory process as well as the industry and the public, not to post the document on Tuesday.

Wonder if this still means it will be released by the FDA on Monday?

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
Other sources that have spoke of this have said, they don't think it's coming Monday or even next week, more like a few months.
this was just sent today..
Updates from the Center for Tobacco Products*

"The FDA has not issued its proposed rule regarding what additional tobacco products should be regulated by the agency. We are aware that the Tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association has indicated publicly that they have a copy of our proposal. The proposal is still in draft form and under review. As a matter of policy, the FDA does not share draft rules with outside groups while a rule is still under review."
" I'm not saying it won't happen on Monday but from the sources I have who are very close to the situation, they've not heard any dates announced."

Seems like there is some information missing yet, Monday will tell one way or another. It's dang frustrating this edginess that an over bloated under brained government agency can have on so called free citizens of the United States of America. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread