The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

FDA may soon propose regulation that could ban many/most e-cigarette products, eliminate many/most companies

Discussion in 'Z Old Stickies' started by Bill Godshall, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. seminolewind

seminolewind Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    Corydon Indiana
    I think they could be going through all of these decisions to figure out which is the best way to tax vaping, Taxing it like a cigarette would be the best way for the gov -money wise. But they can't. In fact, they can name a PV anything they want and tax it, but a battery box, a battery, a button and some soldering is something they can not tax more than those components.

E-juice. How can they charge more taxes on anymore than flavoring, PG or VG ? The nicotine may be a whole other story.

They will not win this. Have faith.

2. Bash123

Bash123 Full Member

May 25, 2011
    Florida
    Hot of the press.... The UN is now in on the action. Here is the Link to the story.....

UN Health Agency Pushes E-Cigarette Crackdown

BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS1 day ago
    GENEVA — Governments should have tougher rules for electronic cigarettes — banning their use indoors and putting them off limits for minors — until more evidence can be gathered about their risks, the U.N. health agency said Tuesday.

In a bid to set public policy, the World Health Organization said the popular nicotine-vapor products, particularly the fruit, candy and alcohol-drink flavors, could serve as gateway addictions for children and adolescents........

3. Lisa Belle

Lisa Belle Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2010
    Sylvania, OH
    TERRIFYINGLY EVIL!:vapor:

But I too believe we will win and we will VAPE.

4. Agorizer

Agorizer Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2011
    In the Market
    When PVs are outlawed, only Outlaws will have PVs.....
    "I aim to misbehave." -Captain Mal Reynold
    [​IMG]

5. bigdancehawk

bigdancehawk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Kansas City, Missouri
    In 1963 an ounce of gold cost about $35. $3,500 was more than enough to buy a new car. Today, 100 oz. of gold is worth about $128,000. So, I guess you could somehow manage to buy a new car at that price, or even 4 or 5 of them.:)

6. JodyJ

JodyJ Full Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Very Easy to make your Own E Juice. Would be Much Cheaper to Stock up on those Ingredients. Many You Tube Vid's to show you how and it is Easy. I Best Get My Rear End In Gear, Save up for that Provari and Nautilus Aspire Tank and Other High Quality Few tanks out there Before they Take over the E Cig Market... {MODERATED} !! :evil: And same goes for the attys. I'll have to DIY ! Organic Cotton will be hard to find then. LOL ! :laugh:

7. JodyJ

JodyJ Full Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Des Moines, Iowa
    That is Not a Problem where I live. No One UNDER the age of 18 is Allowed in The E-Cig Stores here. What was on the News last night? IS DISTURBING !! There is some type of Liquid being sold at grocery stores, convenience stores, gas stations .. Called "Cloud 9" There have been around 9 deaths .. and over-doses of What Ever it is. Did NOT say what the ingredients were? But did say it caused hallucinations etc. This B.S.? Should NOT give Electronic Vapor Cigs a Bad Name !! This Liquid? IS being used in E-Cigs. I will go check out the News Stations here, see if I can get More info on that.

8. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I don't believe that for a second... if you get a link, please post it here.

9. 2coils

2coils Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2012
    New Jersey
    This is 100% not true. This pertains to a news story, in regard to a liquid, not an e-liquid, where the news channel misrepresented this mysterious "cloud 9 liquid", with a picture of electronic cigarette e-liquids. Pretty much slandering e liquid companies. I will follow with broken links in a bit.

Link
    We Are The Vaping Militia
    /take-action-wdiv-continues-slanderous-reporting-of-legal-ecig-businesses/

10. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Yep. They could do the same with that, what is it? .... Mio liquid ...used to flavor water, or heck a small can of Campbell's tomato juice for that matter. Total "association".

11. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    DHL has decided that all ecig components are contraband now too.
    Who cares if it's "legal" when business decides it isn't.

12. DrMA

DrMA Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Seattle area
    So, when we formulate the indictment for conspiracy to commit mass murder of 1.22 billion smokers worldwide against ANTZ, should we include these guys as accessories to or components of the conspiracy :p

13. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
  14. MonkInsane

MonkInsane Senior Member ECF Veteran

Seems to be a synthetic drug that's sold in a liquid form, the connection with E-Cigs is that Kids are apparently using E-Cigs to vaporize this drug. WDIV News misreprisented this by posting pictures of an E-Liquid(As in E-Cig eliquid) in the article pertaining to this Cloud 9 Drug - thereby slandering the name of the e-liquid manufaturer.

You've got to wonder about the convienience of this cloud 9 story /stories. They will try to use this to ban open-tank systems, mark my words.

UPDATE:

Did some more digging, seems kids mixing it with other stuff as well such as energy drinks, etc. Misuse of ecig not the only way they use it, put it in foodstuffs etc too.

So News misreprisents facts to make it sound like E-Cig e-liquid is killing teens. Wow, so much for journalistic integrity.

15. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    There's even been contests for journalists to read press releases like a script (reported in Columbia Journalism Review / CJR online). Old style journalists are just as appauled - although most don't have jobs anymore. 90% of investigative reporters have been let go, most of this happened before Obama.

16. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
  17. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    As I said, I watched the segment on my local evening news and, although I didn't like the pictures of e-cigarettes on the screen, I didn't perceive the entire report as an attack on vaping per se. It was really about the Cloud 9 and its potential dangers, of which I was completely unaware, BTW. I'm not even sure if this stuff is sold in CA...

But that's just me and my response to it. I can see how others may have reacted differently.

18. Agorizer

Agorizer Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2011
    In the Market
    All in all, it's just another brick in the wall....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.