Status
Not open for further replies.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
So I'm guessing you like it overall? Its essentially the eBarron Spiral, just in a smaller form factor. I must say I absolutely did not like the Spiral AT ALL, on the Reos or any other device for that matter. But I'm going to chalk it up to user error cause I know many other people like them. Might also be the bottom air flow. So far I have not liked the A7 or the Spiral, both bottom air flow designs.

The thing I like the most about the Killer 705 is how tiny it is. I'm still playing with the latex band over air holes to stiffen the draw. Just put a second one on and it cut the air flow off almost entirely. So removed it and readjusted the one band. All the A7 style and bottom feed I have to close off air some. ERA and Hornet are perfect for me. REOmizer was way too airy without band or closing hole completely with non-toxic JB Weld and then drilling out hole smaller. The Mini A7 are a tiny bit less airy as is the Surface but I still need to restrict air flow a bit.

I don't wear jewelry and don't get into "fussy" much so I do love the sleek lines of Surface and especailly the Killer 705 with added benefit of tiny. Mini A7 in looks is right below Surface and Killer. I do better with the standard A7s if I torch them. I don't like a lot of contrast on my REOs either so I love the look of the colored Hornets on colored REOs, with matching DTs, and brass color torched SS on Woodvils or the gold Hornet. I'm having a REO anodized pretty bright with some engraving but it will be pretty much monotone.

ERA and Hornet are my favorite all round but I've been playing with A7, A7 Mini, Surface, and now Killer for several weeks.

I may fill in the holes of one Killer with JB Weld and drill them out really tiny like on pre-built attys. That may make it my preferred atty.

Feisty Alice

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
So I'm guessing you like it overall? Its essentially the eBarron Spiral, just in a smaller form factor. I must say I absolutely did not like the Spiral AT ALL, on the Reos or any other device for that matter. But I'm going to chalk it up to user error cause I know many other people like them. Might also be the bottom air flow. So far I have not liked the A7 or the Spiral, both bottom air flow designs.
IT is the bottom air flow I dont like ether . I like the free air flow from the side no gurgling the same draw every time

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
IT is the bottom air flow I dont like ether . I like the free air flow from the side no gurgling the same draw every time

Definitely! I liked the bottom air flow A7's for a while but once I spent some quality time with a side flow ERA, I haven't looked back. Have been replacing all of my A7s with ERAs, Hornets and a couple of gently used REOmizers on the way will replace the last 2 A7s I have. Thanks Alice :)

ERA on my new mini 2.1 right now at 1.2ohms hitting like a mini freight train! Thanks for the button Rob. I love the new mod!

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas

Surprisingly I'm not getting any gurgling with the Killer even when I over squonk. No spitting yet either. But it is designed to sit in a lot of juice inside a tank. I hate the gurgling, too.

Feisty Alice

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Surprisingly I'm not getting any gurgling with the Killer even when I over squonk. No spitting yet either. But it is designed to sit in a lot of juice inside a tank. I hate the gurgling, too.

Feisty Alice
Well I may have to try it then so far I haven't liked any of the rbas that feed air from the bottom . Its not so much the gurgling as the air restriction after feeding the atomizers . I am just spoiled rotten now I guess

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Definitely! I liked the bottom air flow A7's for a while but once I spent some quality time with a side flow ERA, I haven't looked back. Have been replacing all of my A7s with ERAs, Hornets and a couple of gently used REOmizers on the way will replace the last 2 A7s I have. Thanks Alice :)

ERA on my new mini 2.1 right now at 1.2ohms hitting like a mini freight train! Thanks for the button Rob. I love the new mod!
Your most welcome I am glad you like it and thank you :)

djensen9367

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2012
oregon
I just got my Dripper Spiral today. My reomizers work well but are just to messy, with or without O rings the catch cup eventually fills and leaks. I have found that the reomizer needs to be on the edge of overfill to give me the flavor I like (personal thing).

The Dripper just does not leak, I have even over "squonked" trying to make a small mess, all it does is gurgle a little but no mess. I have only been using it for a few hours but I liked it so well I just ordered another one. What I don't like is the size (same as A7). Smaller is better but it works well and is not messy which is important as I go on the road a lot and don't want to carry a box of tissues etc.
Also no little screws to lose, very easy to change a coil and wick and no worries about breaking a post. Decent size well, quite a few puffs between squonks and a very good flavor. I personally don't like side holes for air as again they can get messy as i am capable of making a mess with juice where other people have no problems. I don't want to worry about how I set my Reo down when I am in the truck for 8-10 hrs a day so this suits my preferences perfectly except for the size which is really not that bad.

The price isn't bad, i would like a Chalice but they are next to impossible to get, I just got mail from them and they might have some in April or May. As the Dripper is not making a mess i might not need the Chalice anyway.

garyinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
CO, USA
Sitting at the juice bar at my local vape shop, OKC Vapes. The proprietor grabs me, as I'm kind of known for being a Reonaut. Or as Sterno's chauffeur. Whatever.

Turns out she's a distributor (maybe the distributor) for Chris Creations in the US of A. And guess what, Chris is coming out with a special tweak to his Fatty RBA that will allow it to work with bottom feeders.

I'm getting to public beta the new update on a version 2 fatty....which has.....adjustable air flow! Everyone slowly put down your dremels and carto condoms, please. She knows I'm a diehard Chalice fan, and wants to know how the new fatty bottom compares to it. It should be here on Wednesday or Thursday, I'll be sure to keep you all in the loop.

What's better than finding a good RBA for my Reos? Finding a supplier less than two miles from my house!

Will be anxiously awaiting your review!

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
So many to choose from. How does one with limited funds choose the right ones?
If you serious about repairable atomizers on a bottom fed mod . I would save and get a chalice or the era there both top notch atomizers and will last a long time . I have used them both and they both are really nice atomizers

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Its not luck Clyde knows exactly what hes doing . You can go back years Clyde has always had the newest toys he is smooth like that

Beg to disagree with you, hildicat is right. I've always stumbled onto great situations...think of me as the Forrest Gump of vaping.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Make sure you specify BF bottom feeder. If you want one that fits all REOs get the Hornet. SS cap is more durable than Anodized Aluminum but the Anodized colors are cool. Both have SS bottoms; only difference is caps. Only place to get Anodized in US, that I know of is 310vapers. Likewise only place I know of for SS is Indyvapershop. Both reputable stores.

Fiesty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread