Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I probably vaped for a year or so, before I got into Reos. The REO is the only device I truly enjoy and depend on these days. My favorite is the Woodvil. But the LP Grand is a great mod, and you can take it anywhere. Some people take their Woodvil anywhere too. But I baby mine, and keep it home. If you like the taste of a dripper, without having to constantly add drops to it, you will love this. It requires very little maintenance, and I must say, I find this superior to everything else. You will need to take good care of your batteries, and that means clean them once a week. I use DeOxit on my A&W batteries. I have used other batteries, but these seem to be the best for my personal taste. I am telling you, they may cost more initially, but in the long run, it will cost less. They are AMERICAN made by Rob. He WILL take care of you, if there is a problem. There are plenty of people here who will help you as well, if you need it. Once I started using these, I haven't looked back, nor regretted my decision. I wish I had started with these from the beginning. Since this is a mechanical device, you must pay particular attention to your battery levels. In the event of a problem, the spring will collapse, which is a good thing. I normally change my batteries at 3.85-4.00....mostly at 4...as I like a punch, and these do deliver. I have my coils at 1.0-1.1 ....now and then if it is 1.2, I'll still leave it. I change the battery twice a day. You can thank me later! :thumb:
Amen to everything you said........me too! Cept my dual coils net right at 1.3 and I change my batts when they get right at 3.9 or anything lower......that's when I feel the vape start to drop off. I reckin I'm usually around 11-13 watts.

I think we got down to 18* lastmite, yikes! Wish I could stay home, but I have bead meeting today. It's only twice a month and we look forward to it. Pretty much Mom's only social life. Hugs!
Hope y'all have fun, but bundle up! Oh, can't recall who it was, maybe you or kkay or someone else, wanted a photo of the barrette I beaded. I do have it here, but I'd forgotten.......I'll try to remember to get my son to take a pic of it when he gets home.... and gonna go right now and put that Tx tuff I promised subway in an envelope so I can get it in the box before the mail runs. Keep forgetting that.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good morning All; I'm a Newbie about the REO Mods and would like to learn if it is a system I would like to invest in to aid me in this anti smoking journey. I look forward to learning from you all on this interesting device. Take care and see you around the Forum:)

Hey!! Didn't I see you in the "older folks" porch?!

You've certainly come to the right place!

First and foremost, in my humble:Dopinion. it's the best, most well-made vaping device on the planet. Now there could be a scant few who'd debate this...

but of course they don't own a Reo....

I've been using them for about four years now and I swear by them!

Oh..and the magic man who builds these beauties is called Rob...and he stands 100% behind his creations.

Your timing, by the way, is excellent, as he's coming out with a new model sometime this month, called the P67, which is the size of a Reo grand, but even snazzier looking.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Hey!! Didn't I see you in the "older folks" porch?!

You've certainly come to the right place!

First and foremost, in my humble:Dopinion. it's the best, most well-made vaping device on the planet. Now there could be a scant few who'd debate this...

but of course they don't own a Reo....

I've been using them for about four years now and I swear by them!

Oh..and the magic man who builds these beauties is called Rob...and he stands 100% behind his creations.

Your timing, by the way, is excellent, as he's coming out with a new model sometime this month, called the P67, which is the size of a Reo grand, but even snazzier looking.
hi there Oldbroad, you did indeed see me on the Porch, and now on here. After all couldn't pass up learning about a Vaping device that so many nice folks swear by; could I???? Not!:D had to find out what this was all about. And don't know much about Mech Mods but from what I have learned so far in the short time; I have to say that I sure like it. And the Gentlemen Rob, put some really nice craftsmanship into these devices.
And I am amongst good company in the Porch Members. Thanks for the welcome once again also I must add. :pop:< Oh yeah I'll be here for the show:)

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Amen to everything you said........me too! Cept my dual coils net right at 1.3 and I change my batts when they get right at 3.9 or anything lower......that's when I feel the vape start to drop off. I reckin I'm usually around 11-13 watts.
Deb you Vape at around the same ohms and watts that I do. SO I'm warming up to this idea.
A question though please; do you pull the Atty off each time to check the voltage or how does that work? Since it's unregulated MOD.

Reactions: Debadoo

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Good morning! Brrr, it is cold here this morning! I am so ready for Spring. ?
Me TOOO .. it snowed again last night. Not much, but everything's white. The plow went by, but it wasn't deep enough, so he was just sanding around the stop signs.
This is the first time I can recall snow after January .. not much, but it counts :thumbs:

hi there Oldbroad, you did indeed see me on the Porch, and now on here. And I am amongst good company in the Porch Members.
Yup, can't beat either of the porch's, (front and back) for a great place to learn it all.
A great "been there, done that" crowd.
Welcome to the world of Reo's (almost) :blush:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Deb you Vape at around the same ohms and watts that I do. SO I'm warming up to this idea.
A question though please; do you pull the Atty off each time to check the voltage or how does that work? Since it's unregulated MOD.
I had been meaning to ask you what kind of ohms and watts you vaped, but kept forgetting. You'll learn if forgetting were an Olympic sport I'd hold the record for platinum medals!! It's one thing I truly excel at.....I've decided to consider it a talent and gift. :facepalm:

To check the battery ya need a doohickey (official name) looks like this but not sure this is the right one, some smartyer pants than me person will know if this is the right one. Cheap but gotta wait for it to come from China or build yur own. LCD DC 3.2-30V Red LED Panel Volt Voltage Meter Digital Voltmeter Car Motorcycle

or use a DMM (digital multimeter) mine is a cheap like this for like 6.00 from harbor freight.

images

+ lead on + end of batt, - end on - end of batt. Easy peasy. You've probably seen to get battery out, slide the door up or down, and pull it out.

This is the first time I can recall snow after January .. not much, but it counts :thumbs:
Hiya sweetie!!!! yucko, sorry ya got snow! Most times any snow we get, ya nearly have to be lookin out the window at the right 15 minutes on the right day of the year, but I don't think we've had any this year at all. We have had a very mild winter this year, but last night was 26 for the low and tonite is supposed to be 29, 33 right now. (It's still thursday night for me even though it's 6 am)

Mornin y'all!!!

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I had been meaning to ask you what kind of ohms and watts you vaped, but kept forgetting. You'll learn if forgetting were an Olympic sport I'd hold the record for platinum medals!! It's one thing I truly excel at.....I've decided to consider it a talent and gift. :facepalm:

To check the battery ya need a doohickey (official name) looks like this but not sure this is the right one, some smartyer pants than me person will know if this is the right one. Cheap but gotta wait for it to come from China or build yur own. LCD DC 3.2-30V Red LED Panel Volt Voltage Meter Digital Voltmeter Car Motorcycle
Good morning and thanks Deb. Usually I vape at about 1.2-1.5ohm ahh perfection on my coils is a Ballpark thing but between there, and watts 8-12. That was one of my thoughts last night in reference to the Reo which isn't regulated. If not mistaken unregulated Mods just dump power until they are to weak to do so; and then you change the battery out for another. I went back to Reo Mods and looked for a Regulated Reo Mod but they don't seem to have any.
I hope you and yours are doing well this morning and that you got a good night of sleep. We did and it's warmer this morning 25; Woot, Woot! a heat wave:w00t::D

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hiya subway! brrrrr 25, that's way too cold.

Don't take this to the bank at all, many things about all this that I don't have right, but my understanding is that a mech mod sorta works more naturally with your batteries and is much easier on them. Ohm's law, x ohms and x volts produce x watts.

With a mech mod, as your battery decreases in volts, your wattage decreases. You set your watts, by how high or low you build your coils, (ohms) and how low you allow your battery to get before changing it.

with a regulated mod, you set your watts, and it stays at that as your battery decreases in volts. So it's forcing your battery to produce an amount of watts that it really doesn't want to produce. Now I don't know where the amps fit into all this and batts are rated with amp ratings so they don't blow up etc, so the batteries are able to do what a regulated mod is making them do when you set your watts, but it's harder on the batteries from my understanding.

Some folks think regulated mods are safer cuz they have safety mechanisms built in that they won't fire if you're asking it to do more than is safe for your batteries. But those are built in a chip that can fail. In a REO the spring is your safety mechanism, it doesn't rely on a chip. if you get a hard short, the spring will collapse, and the battery will drop away so that the firing pin can't reach it and it can't continue firing. You can lock the firing button so nothing falls on it and causes it to fire continuously because you don't have a 10 second cut off like regulated mods do. And if a battery does vent, you have a huge squonk hole for it to vent through, not a tiny pin hole that you find on many or most tube mech mods. Hope that helps, and hope I'm right about all that, if not, I'll blame sleep deprivation :lol:

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
Hiya subway! brrrrr 25, that's way too cold.

Don't take this to the bank at all, many things about all this that I don't have right, but my understanding is that a mech mod sorta works more naturally with your batteries and is much easier on them. Ohm's law, x ohms and x volts produce x watts.

With a mech mod, as your battery decreases in volts, your wattage decreases. You set your watts, by how high or low you build your coils, (ohms) and how low you allow your battery to get before changing it.

with a regulated mod, you set your watts, and it stays at that as your battery decreases in volts. So it's forcing your battery to produce an amount of watts that it really doesn't want to produce. Now I don't know where the amps fit into all this and batts are rated with amp ratings so they don't blow up etc, so the batteries are able to do what a regulated mod is making them do when you set your watts, but it's harder on the batteries from my understanding.

Some folks think regulated mods are safer cuz they have safety mechanisms built in that they won't fire if you're asking it to do more than is safe for your batteries. But those are built in a chip that can fail. In a REO the spring is your safety mechanism, it doesn't rely on a chip. if you get a hard short, the spring will collapse, and the battery will drop away so that the firing pin can't reach it and it can't continue firing. You can lock the firing button so nothing falls on it and causes it to fire continuously because you don't have a 10 second cut off like regulated mods do. And if a battery does vent, you have a huge squonk hole for it to vent through, not a tiny pin hole that you find on many or most tube mech mods. Hope that helps, and hope I'm right about all that, if not, I'll blame sleep deprivation :lol:
Not to mention the fact that they're super easy to maintain, they always work, and are virtually indestructible. No wires or chips to worry about, you can replace almost everything on the mod if something breaks. Replacement parts are readily available, you can dunk them in the sink to wash them (that's the favorite thing about them). They all look amazing and feel great in your hand, not to heavy and very pocket friendly. The LP Reo grand is the best bottom feeder mod hands down. I don't think the new P67 will make them obsolete either, people will still continue to purchase Grands.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Not to mention the fact that they're super easy to maintain, they always work, and are virtually indestructible. No wires or chips to worry about, you can replace almost everything on the mod if something breaks. Replacement parts are readily available, you can dunk them in the sink to wash them (that's the favorite thing about them). They all look amazing and feel great in your hand, not to heavy and very pocket friendly. The LP Reo grand is the best bottom feeder mod hands down. I don't think the new P67 will make them obsolete either, people will still continue to purchase Grands.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
I'm thinking about picking up a moderately priced Regulated Squonker to try it out since I really like the idea of not having to fill a tank that often and also like the flavor coming through on a Dripper. Still not down with a unregulated Mod. I vape at really low watts and don't sub ohm vape. But I would never say never to a unregulated Mod or a Reo for that matter. Thanks for the additional information JetMac.:thumb:

Good morning and Happy Super Weekend to all Reo Lounge members. I hope your team wins and or at least both teams give us a game to remember:rickroll::banana:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Still not down with a unregulated Mod.
what are your concerns about a mech? I was very leary of them til I tried a REO, but once I did, I had absolutely no fears using it. Well, the first vape, I was scared I was going to drop a spring, but that was only cuz I was brand new to building, and I didn't have another spring lol

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
what are your concerns about a mech? I was very leary of them til I tried a REO, but once I did, I had absolutely no fears using it. Well, the first vape, I was scared I was going to drop a spring, but that was only cuz I was brand new to building, and I didn't have another spring lol

Well Deb it's not concerns as much as it is my Vaping style. I Vape low Wattage in the morning and evening and increase the Watts as the day evolves, and regulated Mods don't allow for that; they give you what the batteries got at all times until it can't; with no adjustment. Maybe with exact builds and adjustment of your coil placement you can get a little but not quite as flexible as with a regulated Mod. I sure wish the way REO builds quality into their Mods that they made a Regulated Mod, and since chatting with you and doing my own research on the Squonkers I've found some really nice Regulated Squonk Boxes, but the prices for reputable Companies has been out of my immediate price range. Something I would have to save up for; which isn't a problem either. SO I've ordered a Squonker that looks like a Vapor Flask to give it a try and see and go from there. Like I stated earlier I would never say never to a REO or too much of anything else for that matter within reason, but Regulated is the way I feel I'd like to go when it all comes out. Even if I end up spending more money for what I want. But you and the folks on The Porch have got me definitely interested in Squonking; which I had not known anything about and glad you turned me on to them. A neat concept for sure.;):cool:

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Hi Subwayaznm! I see you made your way to Reoville! No need to worry about switching low to higher from morning to evening! It is almost impossible to have only one REO! So you can set up two or more with the builds you need!
I don't mean to be an enabler but...
Anyways, glad to see you checking it out!

And hi Debadoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread