Good morning Reoville :)

funny-pictures-cat-looks-bad-in-morning.jpg

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
This morning's posts made me want a drink. Come on 5 o'clock.

You don't believe that old wives tale about the 5 o'clock thing do ya? Especially in your line of work, I am sure you know it isn't really a time thing :D

Good morning REOvillians.

It's Thursday, so I am doing the guest dinner thing. I picked up a nice pot roast to go in my doufeu. The weather looks gray and cold, so it should be soul warming when it is so bleak outside.

Thanks for the heads up on the B-day Karen. I was changing from the rose before I posted and decided to put up my REO's. Glad you noticed the changes, I was trying to be subtle (like a hammer) :D

I hope everyone has a great day! Today is special because it is the last Thursday before superbowl, and the 2nd to last before WD returns, and of course the mod-master's b-day :laugh:

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
This morning's posts made me want a drink. Come on 5 o'clock.

I wanted to have a drink, or drinks too! But I knew with the pain I have that my meds would work better!

Maybe later I will have a drink! But not for a few hours.

Hope things get better Tripp!

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Good morning everyone! :)
You guys are always the best. :wub:

Yes, I'm home. I'm sorry I didn't check in. I was so upset, I couldn't even spare a moment to lurk. I have a lot of work to do to get my dad's stuff in order and get him moved. And I had a tough time getting anything done in that silly little town out in the middle of BFE. I had to rent a fricken u-haul moving truck just to take my dad to his bank in Buckeye. It was maddening to say the least. I'm happy because I slept in a real bed this morning and got to use a clean bathroom for the first time in days. You have no idea how important a clean toilet and shower are until you don't have one. I have my car so I can drive where I want, when I want. And best of all, I have my husband and my daughter and my puppies close at hand. I need lots of hugs from them right now. So...lots of work ahead of me, but I'll be around more often now. As you all know, I need to close this thread and I will do so later today. Don't worry, I'll start a new one. :) My dad is okay...but we have a lot to do to get him in a better situation. Thank you all for your thoughts...it means a ton.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com

I wanted to have a drink, or drinks too! But I knew with the pain I have that my meds would work better!

Good morning, Karen :wub: I'm sorry I missed the rose....I love you and hope you are well.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Evening everyone, all the joiner carpenters at work have just been told, out of 10of us, they're gonna make 5 redundant
Life sucks
Frank
That blows, Frank. I sure hope you are not one of those five...but regardless, I feel for those 5, whomever they turn out to be. (((hugs)))

FEEDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Geordieland UK
That blows, Frank. I sure hope you are not one of those five...but regardless, I feel for those 5, whomever they turn out to be. (((hugs)))

Wow frank, i hope you're not in that number!

I hope so too, but beyond my control, the company will make their decision, & everyone will just have to get on with it
Frank

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
You don't believe that old wives tale about the 5 o'clock thing do ya? Especially in your line of work, I am sure you know it isn't really a time thing :D

I don't know what the old wives have to say on the subject. 5 o'clock is when I get off work. Drinking while on duty is somewhat frowned upon. I don't know why.

Things are fine, but limerick toasts are not to be taken lightly. "Raise your glass" is a call to action.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Good morning, Karen :wub: I'm sorry I missed the rose....I love you and hope you are well.

Good morning Lisa! Fantastic to hear you are back safe!

I know it will be tough with what you have to do. But well worth the efforts in the end.

Enjoy those hugs around you!!!

Glad you are once again at home.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Lisa, you are a rare jewel among daughters!

But I think you're gonna need a much bigger new house:)

Hahaha...funny. :blink: No, sadly after the ordeal I went through with my mother 3 years ago, I know we as a family unit aren't capable of caring for my dad with his level of needed care. It hurts to admit it, I'd love to be the hero and swoop in, and scoop him up and fix things. But I know my limitations and would rather save him and everyone around me from learning my limitations first hand. He will be in an assisted living facility nearby where people who are trained to deal with things can take care of him in ways that I can not. Like my mother, I suspect (as do the health care pros I was dealing with down there) dementia playing a part in this, but unlike my mother, he's not crazy...so I'm hoping this whole thing goes down a lot smoother than it did with my mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread