Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I found the caramel to be overpowering at 1 drop per 2ml. (1.25%). I diluted to 1 drop per 3ml and added a little sweetener and it was much better.

I tried using Stevia the other day and was pleased with the results. I wasn't too quantitative about it though. Took 20ml of PG and dumped in 1 tsp of Stevia. The sol'n looked like one of those snow globes you see on end tables and mantles during the Christmas season....lol. I put the bottle in a cup of hot water for an hour or so and then decanted the clear liquid off. I have no idea what % it is other than to say it's probably a saturated sol'n of Stevia in PG. I'm using 1 - 2 drops from the droppers that come in the 30ml bottles per 10ml juice right now. It's a pretty good sized drop. I'm still trying to get a feel for how to use it.
Tasted pretty good and so far is hasn't faded on me. The coils in my rba's and RBT's are not gunking up at all so I'm happy about that.
Just my :2c: YMMV

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
I found the caramel to be overpowering at 1 drop per 2ml. (1.25%). I diluted to 1 drop per 3ml and added a little sweetener and it was much better.

If it was overpowering at 1.25% for you , I should be tasting something at .5% I haven't mixed anymore of it yet. Maybe I'll try 1% and go from there. Maybe I didn't shake the flavoring enough before making the first batch. Something is wrong. I tasted nothing at all at .5 and the taste buds are working fine today.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
Cherry Nat- Mixed at .5% with a three day steep. Good cherry flavor to me. Tastes just like the cherries in Black cherry ice cream. I'm getting plenty of flavor at .5% but is not over powering. I like this cherry better than TFA black cherry. That's the only other brand I've tried, and I usually mix it between 5-10% to get close to the flavor I'm getting from .5% with this one.

Irish Cream- Mixed at .5% with a five day steep. Oh I'm liking this one!!!! This is a THICK vape. The taste reminds me of eaglebrand sweetened condensed milk, but not as sweet. I'm dripping this juice on an rda that has a 1.2ohm single micro coil at 11 watts, but I'm liking it so much, I'm thinking I'm going to whip up a small batch of .5% irish cream with 1% cocoa bean and throw it in a reo. This flavor would go great in a milkshake or ice cream base. I can see this being my go to flavor when creamy with a touch of sweetness is needed. I can't get over how thick of a mouth feel it has. I've got to go do the cocoacream mix and see how she vapes.....to be continued

EDIT: Ok, so my cocoacream didn't turn out exactly as planned. Tasted good, but wasn't what I was going for. The irish cream dominated the cocoa flavor. I need to remake with either more cocoa bean or less irish cream.

Last edited:

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
Vanilla- Mixed at .5% with a one day steep. If only this flavor tasted like it smells. The juice smells good enough that I just want to drink it. In your face sweetened vanilla. Unfortunately, the taste doesn't live up to the aroma. I'm getting vanilla, but it is minute. Very faint vanilla with a slight woody note. It isn't the unicorn I'm looking for. Not at .5% anyways. It is still clear in the bottle, so there is a chance this one needs time. I'm going to put it up for a while and try it again later, but it's got a lot of flavor developing to do for this to be a good vanilla at .5%

Black Currant- Mixed at .5% with a two day steep. I've never eaten a black currant so I have no idea if it tastes like a black currant or not, but I like it. It's strong, even at .5% producing a lot of flavor. It has a sourness to it like a white grape that isn't quiet ripe yet, but it also has a deep berry flavor. sour grape/blueberry/blackberry hybrid?:confused:

Lemon-Mixed at .5% with a one day steep. This is lemon on steroids! Almost too much for me at .5% I don't think you could mix this with anything and it not over power it at this percentage. It is pure authentic lemon flavor. No sweetness at all. To me it tastes like some of the household cleaners smells that leave the whole house smelling lemony even though you only used it in one room. If you're looking for an in your face fresh squeezed lemon vape, this is it for sure

Coconut: Mixed at .5% with a one day steep. This juice smells like your typical sun tanning oil. It tastes great! It tastes like the sweetened flaked coconut you buy for cakes. Not too strong, but you know it's coconut. I like it more than I thought I would. It's not as sweet as the flaked coconut but it is the same flavor with a little less sweetness. I like this better than the other coconut flavors I've tried. This is the closest to real coconut, even if it's the real bagged coconut

Last edited:

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
Finally! All of my bakers flavors have been mixed! Still a good many to try, but at least they are all steeping. Has anyone tried the honey(flowers)? Description suggest this is honey in the comb, but I am honestly afraid to try this one at .5% I have a 15ft x 15ft spare bedroom that I use as my mixing lab, and just the small amount of flavoring I drew into a syringe to make a sample bottle has that whole room smelling of that flavor and it's not a pleasant fragrance. My grandmother used to spray these horrid aerosol can air fresheners throughout her house that were supposed to smell like rose gardens, and other fragrant flowers. Super strong and perfumey, smelling nothing like the pictures on the can would lead one to think they smelled like. That's what my room smells like at this moment. If the smell doesn't fade considerably, it's not going to matter what it tastes like. I won't be able to vape it. I definitely won't be filling a reo bottle with it. If I do get brave enough to try it I'll have to bring a 510 atty out of retirement in case it has to be thrown out afterwards.

Fresh Strawberry- Mixed at .5% with a five minute steep lol. They named this flavor right. To me this is much better than the strawberry natural. I couldn't wait to try it because of the aroma I was getting while mixing it. This flavor tastes and smells like fresh picked perfectly ripened strawberries. I don't think .5% is the right ratio for it, but I'm not sure if the flavor should be increased or decreased a little. It's not perfect tasting, but it's close enough that I know it has the potential to be the PERFECT strawberry flavor. It may be spot on after a little steep time. Any of you that are strawberry fans, and have struggled to find a strawberry that doesn't have that artificial taste should try this one.

DarthEmma

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2015
Ohio
Stacy1, I'm loving your reviews. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

So far my favorite flavor is Cream Brulee. It's just awesome. I put 2ml in a 120ml bottle and I can't put it down. Really lovely creamy sweet vape.

I am also loving the Cream Charlotte. It's a very nice creamy flavor as well.

I'll be getting more of both of those flavors!

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
Stacy1, I'm loving your reviews. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

So far my favorite flavor is Cream Brulee. It's just awesome. I put 2ml in a 120ml bottle and I can't put it down. Really lovely creamy sweet vape.

I am also loving the Cream Charlotte. It's a very nice creamy flavor as well.

I'll be getting more of both of those flavors!

Thanks for the kind words. I dont know if you like fruity vapes, but this fresh strawberry is delicious! I filled a reo bottle up with it and am enjoying it with a glass of wine. The wine brings out the flavor even more. Loving this stuff. So far ive got about four out of thirty nine thats have to have flavors. Creme brulee, irish cream, mango mix and cocoa bean. Cant run out of those. This strawberry is trying hard to make that list

DarthEmma

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2015
Ohio
First Bakers recipe:

1.6% cocoa bean
.25% Irish cream
1.5% sweetener

Really good chocolate ice cream flavor. I was worried about the Irish cream over powering the mix, but it didn't. Next batch I may even up it a little to maybe .4%, but it's pretty darn good like it is

Thanks for sharing that. I'm putting it in my "Bakers Recipes" file! It sound wonderful.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Thanks for sharing that. I'm putting it in my "Bakers Recipes" file! It sound wonderful.

I'll confirm that it is good. I think the Stevia sweetener is a bit too strong so I'm going to cut it back. Tastes like good old chocolate ice cream. Definitely one for the recipe file. This is the first recipe I've done mixing BF flavors together. With such low %'s needed it's a little daunting trying to measure such tiny amounts....lol. I'm wondering if mixing by weight may be something to consider.

DarthEmma

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2015
Ohio
I have not used Stevia.

I use several sweeteners...

TPA Sweetener
TPA Marshmallow
TPA Cotton Candy (Ethyl Maltol)
TPA Brown Sugar
TPA Vanilla Swirl

There are others that add sweetness too. Depends on the recipe. For example, I use some Vanilla Swirl in vanilla-based recipes to add sweetness (I may add other sweeteners with it though).

I really like the Marshmallow a lot because it adds that creamy sensation to the vape too. That was really important before I found this thread and the Baker's flavors. Almost all of those are nice and creamy (the ones I've tried anyway).

One thing I have not seen is a sweetener made by Bakers.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
Ive got some sweet vanilla steeping. Mixed it at .5% and tried it once within a week of making it. I didn't get a lot of vanilla flavor from it. I did get some sweetnessbut it was lacking vanilla flavor. I'll try it again tomorrow if I can find the time and see if it has gotten any better. I wasn't impressed with initial tasting. It should be getting close to two weeks old now so maybe it will produce. Will let you know

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Ive got some sweet vanilla steeping. Mixed it at .5% and tried it once within a week of making it. I didn't get a lot of vanilla flavor from it. I did get some sweetnessbut it was lacking vanilla flavor. I'll try it again tomorrow if I can find the time and see if it has gotten any better. I wasn't impressed with initial tasting. It should be getting close to two weeks old now so maybe it will produce. Will let you know
Same thing for me @ 1% with the sweet vanilla. I really wonder if there is any vanilla out there that really has that "punch" we are seeking. Maybe it's such a subtle flavor as to make it not possible. But I still look and buy every vanilla I can get my hands on.....lol. Maybe one day I'll combine them all and come up with a super vanilla that has some oomph....lol :confused:

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Same thing for me @ 1% with the sweet vanilla. I really wonder if there is any vanilla out there that really has that "punch" we are seeking. Maybe it's such a subtle flavor as to make it not possible. But I still look and buy every vanilla I can get my hands on.....lol. Maybe one day I'll combine them all and come up with a super vanilla that has some oomph....lol :confused:

It sounds like you want some of this:

hslbaighrtvki4romkmo.jpg

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
Hi guys. Been stretched out with work lately and haven't had a chance to do much. I'm vaping the chocolate ice cream recipe this morning, and after almost a two week steep this stuff keeps getting better. The irish cream is coming through more now and giving a rich creaminess to the vape. The cocoa bean has mellowed a bit but is still a delicious chocolate. I still may up the irish cream just a tad next batch just because I'm really digging that flavor, but it is pretty darn good as is. Ive got some vanilla reviews to post but am at work so will have to wait until an off day, but I haven't tried one yet that I really like. IMO, vanillas aren't BF strong suit. They arent bad flavors, but nothing like I was hoping to find after tasting how spot on this company is with some other flavors. Hope all is well with everyone. Will try and do some posting tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread