Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Has anyone tried the Simply Saline by Arm & Hammer? It does not have any additives. Just wondering. Someone told me to try it.
Took a quick look on Amazon and the first one I pulled up had sodium bicarb.... not saying all of them have it, but best to read the label carefully. There is quite a list of products.......
Here's the link I peeked at: Amazon.com: ARM & HAMMER Simply Saline Nasal Relief - 4.25 oz. - 3 pk.: Health & Personal Care
I'm going to follow the lead Michaelsil1 furnished and use the rock salt. It'll be inexpensive and I can use the leftover salt for other things around the kitchen. Just a thought.....

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
I am still waiting for the carrier pigeon to arrive. Almost hit the one month mark. I decided to go ahead and buy more vz tobaccos to play with. Just bought 166 glass vials 15 ml. I am getting pressure from friends to mix more and more. Some of the new flavors have "d" in them I hope to use them in my kitchen. To round out my growing tobacco flavor horde I bought regular vz superconcentrate honey flue cured, old captain, 7 star, desert ship, Virginia flue, mild 7, and cohiba. I know many need a long steep. I am really excited about getting the Russian flavors. I think once they arrive I will place another order for all their tobaccos in 50 or 100 ml. I noticed my husband has put a real dent in the vapes I had on the steeping shelf. I need to mix pretty soon. Although I love it when he tries a combination he thought he wouldn't like and tells me it's awesome. Makes me feel good. :vapor:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
If anyone is still looking for good alternatives to VZ Gourmet Honey (which I agree was very good)-
Hangsen Honey Flavoring Concentrate 10ml - BuyHangsen.com
Miod (honey) - Vapers Tek
I placed my first order at BuyHangsen.com I threw out all my Hangsen re bottled stuff. They were getting old, and also I thought some of the flavorings sucked. Now with our new nic, Hangsen is gonna taste even better now. BTW I dumped a liter of WL nic :D I have a sample of Xtreme coming to compare :)

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I wrote to VapingZone inquiring if their Creme Brulee had Diacetyl, they emailed me and said that it did not and that they did not use that in any of their flavorings. I am not sure if this is true or not. Anyone else know of any? Just wondering. I know it sounds crazy to be concerned about this after smoking cigarettes for 40 some years, but for some reason....I would like to know for sure.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I wrote to VapingZone inquiring if their Creme Brulee had Diacetyl, they emailed me and said that it did not and that they did not use that in any of their flavorings. I am not sure if this is true or not. Anyone else know of any? Just wondering. I know it sounds crazy to be concerned about this after smoking cigarettes for 40 some years, but for some reason....I would like to know for sure.

Look at post 67. It does present with diacetyl. You might want to surf at their website. The actual flavor manufacturer. Diacety is present in quite a few of these flavors. I actually purchased some before realizing it contained the "D".

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Like I said, I don't know if it was true. But this is the email I got on Feb 21st. (I save everything, could be ocd)

Leah <leah@vapingzone.com>
Feb 21

to me
No, that is one thing I really watch out for. None of the flavorings contain diacetyl.

Thanks,

I specifically wrote to her about Creme Brulee. :mad:

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

Everyone has the right to choose what they will and will not vape. But, let me add another perspective to this for you to think about. The flavors that are used for ejuice are made as food flavors. We have no clue if any of the components in these flavors are safe to inhale. It could turn out in the end that there is something much worse than diacetyl in these flavors as far as inhalation goes. It could turn out that it is all safe including the tiny amount of diacetyl that we get from using just 1% of flavoring. I do not claim to know as testing is not complete and nobody knows for sure.

I use as little flavoring in my ejuice as possible and feel fairly safe doing this. I just wanted to add my take on it to give you another point of view. My intent certainly is not to bring the debate here to this thread. IMHO the only way to be completely safe from flavoring and the components that they contain is to refrain from using flavor at all.

Just my :2c: in the hopes that it helps someone here to put things into perspective :)

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I agree with you totally Salemgold, but I really don't like being lied too. I ask vz straight out. She said the cream brulee or any of there flavors didn't have it. Just didn't know who was right. It never bothered me smoking for 40 some years so this ain't gonna hamper my vaping. I also use very little flavoring in my juice. I just like a hint. I even like unflavored.

Thanks. :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I agree with you totally Salemgold, but I really don't like being lied too. I ask vz straight out. She said the cream brulee or any of there flavors didn't have it. Just didn't know who was right. It never bothered me smoking for 40 some years so this ain't gonna hamper my vaping. I also use very little flavoring in my juice. I just like a hint. I even like unflavored.

Thanks. :)

Oh, you are absolutely right about being lied to. Yours is not the first case that I have seen where this vendor has misled a person or outright told a lie.

They may not have known for sure but, they should have researched and found out before replying to you. It would be very hard to trust anyone that just pulls answers from a hat. No excuse at all for that.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I saved her email because I am ..... Glad I did now. Guess I am pretty gullible. BONJOUR
yahoo.gif

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Like I said, I don't know if it was true. But this is the email I got on Feb 21st. (I save everything, could be ocd)

Leah <leah@vapingzone.com>
Feb 21
to me
No, that is one thing I really watch out for. None of the flavorings contain diacetyl.

Thanks,

I specifically wrote to her about Creme Brulee. :mad:

Wow. That is disappointing. VZ is really doing themselves a disservice and I'm glad you asked here. I think most of us know some flavors have d in them. But I also try to take it in context. 1% of a flavor with d in it could still be a lot less that something with .01% mixed at 20%. At least I hope. I didn't exactly bring out a calculator. I'm not convinced the amounts that are taken in compare with those working in popcorn factories and my eventual goal is to quit anyway. D also exists in cigs at higher rates. There's a lot to learn about the effects from flavors - I just don't think it's as dramatic since cigs use flavorings too. We see flavoring in Nicorette mist and other inhalants. I guess the FDA label doesn't mean much to me anymore.

However I applaud the companies that do take a proactive stance on making sure flavors we vape are as safe as possible. I think that's a reason I use FA as well.

Last edited:

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
so can I ask has anyone who ordered direct gotten the Canat Tobacco? The only frustrating thing about all of this is the long waits for things to be in stock again. Wish Bakers took regular payments.

As far as the diacetyl in the Creme Brulee I do not like that flavor anyway---I get all the cream I want from the Charlotte flavoring which I use very sparingly. But the point was well made that such a minute amount is needed its like comparing apples to oranges risk wise demonstrated against weaker flavorings that need 10-20% to have any taste. As far as VZ knowing or not knowing, its possible it was lost in translation from one side or the other.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Commenting about the diacetyl.... one of the other things that concerns me re: peeps getting up in arms over these chemicals is not knowing how well the chemical is transferred to our lungs via the vapor. I also wonder if anyone has measured the actual concentration in a juice recipe or in the vapor we inhale -- not just the flavor, but the flavor mixed in with PG, VG, nic, other flavors.
I do not begrudge someone their concerns, but I'd like to see a little more quantification in the methods or explanation of how numbers are obtained in the first place before crying wolf. The way I see it -- I quit smoking and taking in many, many chemicals that definitely were bad and in high concentrations. Taking in a bit of diacetyl, or di-ketones, or whatever else in negligible concentrations (to me) doesn't concern me at this stage of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread