Serpent mini review

Status
Not open for further replies.

GONZO77

May 30, 2016
My review of the Serpent mini from Wotofo is that it has to be the best single coil rta I have ever owned in 2 years of vaping. The compact size is perfect size for those smaller mods you may carry. The build deck is super easy to build on and accommodates all builds even the more complicated ones. Easy to refill and after using it for 2 weeks it never leaked. Wicking couldn't be easier too. Another thing is the flavor....wow it is spot on. Here is my YouTube review of it please check it out thank you

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
On the two minis that I have;

- threading is a bit rough
- grub screws on deck tend to loosen up even after tightened down
- difficult for grub screws to catch and hold any wire higher than 26 gauge
- double o-ring drip tip does not seat properly unless you pull out one of the o-rings

I have since watched other reviews on this RTA, and unfortunately, I am not the only one that has noticed some of these issues. All in all, I enjoy these RTAs, but I would have been willing to spend a bit more in exchange for higher quality.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Thanks for the info. :)

None of those are really deal-breakers for me, especially with a $25 RTA.

- The loose screw issue happens on some of my best attys due to the heating and cooling of the coils, so I make sure to check all my connections periodically to make sure they are tight.

- The wire gage issue is also moot as I would use minimum 24ga, or Clapton wire.

- Thread quality has never really been much of a concern for me. Other than noticing one mod/atty might be smoother than the other, I have never seen threading actually affect function. Again, in this case we're talking about a 25 dollar part, not a ridiculously overpriced Ravens Moon RTA or some other unicorn at 300 bucks. As long as it screws together and doesn't leak, I'm pretty sure I would be OK with the threads.

- I would likely replace the drip tip with delrin anyway as I have read that the included stainless steel tip can get uncomfortably hot.

Still I appreciate you taking the time to respond, and thank you again for your opinions. I'll likely still get one, and if it truly is a $25 mistake I'll either give it away or throw it in the drawer and move on. I am intrigued enough to roll the dice.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Would 28 or 30 AWG Kanthal A1 wire be a problem with this?

I'd be interested if i could build 1.5 ohm coils for this.

you need to make sure the wire is trapped between the "post" and the hex screw and not free floating below the hex screw.

I made 26g work, not sure about 28 or 30. But it is easier with 24g or thicker complex wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread