Sigelei 213 owners thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Peik

Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
San Diego, CA
Well thanks to your video i can now re-create the screen jumble on my otherwise working device(minus TCR of course). I guess there's not single one of these that doesn't have problems huh. Going to message sigelei.. anyone else get any responses from them? mainly reguard firmware updates or anything post here please.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Here is a quick video. This is just ONE of the weeks worth of testing. The video shows that with the wattage set the same in all modes, that some regulate and some do not. TFR is a 50/50 shot. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

appreciate the video. So to recap, TCR is for sure not working and acts like power mode, TFR sometimes work sometimes doesnt, built in presets for TC also works, garbled screen.

I'm also not a fan of iJoy, don't have the limitless but have the tornado, not my cup of tea.

Darthtanien

May 15, 2016
appreciate the video. So to recap, TCR is for sure not working and acts like power mode, TFR sometimes work sometimes doesnt, built in presets for TC also works, garbled screen.

I'm also not a fan of iJoy, don't have the limitless but have the tornado, not my cup of tea.

Yep. That is what we have found with the devices we tested. Saw similar results from the ones in the shop the other day as well. I just wish sigelei would answer. Maybe they have some secret hidden menu option somewhere that make these thing all better...LOL, I kid, but I wish they would respond. I do not like putting videos like this up and when I do I remove them after a short period. I don't want to give the FDA any more reason to regulate. This video is only up for a short period of time for the people here in the discussion really.

Reactions: rice721

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Texas, US of A
Thanks for that important video @Darthtanien Facts are facts, there's no denying that this mod was released with defective chips.
I am almost certain that the guy who designed the mod and tested this chip had a working chipset version. Now what happened between his testing and Sigelei mass producing is anybody's guess.
Someone dropped the ball BIG time!

I am getting ready to send mine back and I am hoping that this second batch doesn't suffer the same issues.

Darthtanien

May 15, 2016
Thanks for that important video @Darthtanien Facts are facts, there's no denying that this mod was released with defective chips.
I am almost certain that the guy who designed the mod and tested this chip had a working chipset version. Now what happened between his testing and Sigelei mass producing is anybody's guess.
Someone dropped the ball BIG time!

I am getting ready to send mine back and I am hoping that this second batch doesn't suffer the same issues.

This is killing me. I sent this video to Sigeli too. I REALLY want this dam thing to work! I Love the look and feel of it. If they would just give us some type of response! Anyway I'm spent on this for now. I will catch up later on.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Greetings all,

I did a bit more testing tonight, wound up a Ti01 coil and tested the preset and the TCR mode. Funny, it seemed it was working in the preset at first but when I tested the TCR mode and switched back to verify - it also failed.

Oddly, using 200F as a temperature preset seemed to drum up more failures than using 250-300F. To be clear: 10W 0.01Sec preheat and 200F ~4sec I had a glowing coil on my hands.

It is fairly easy to tell if it is going to work or not, simply keep an eye on the wattage as it is firing. On "good runs" the wattage would drop to 2-4W almost instantly (I was using a bare wire coil after all) on "bad runs" the wattage would be stuck at whatever the preset was set to while the coil started glowing.

I can see why Sigelei did not include real time TEMPERATURE measurements along with all the other real time readings - it would be solid evidence that there is no regulation. (I can't guess what temperature a glowing Ti01 coil would be but it is rather hot!)

So what we really have here is a ~$100 213W VW mod. I don't vape in VW mode so both of them are rather useless to me.

Reactions: KayP

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    George:
    I think I hae talked to you beore on other threads. when it says the TCR is920x10 to the- 6th is that .000920 or 0.00920
    Google

Steam Engine lists most/all of their TCR numbers as # X 10-6 so 920 equates to:
    0.000920 (moving the decimal 6 places to the left).

Egads 2legs, I hope you have not gotten stuck with one of these pet rocks!

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    OK I figured that part out now if you have a mod that only shows 4 or 5 places which end do you drop the numbers?

From the right side of course.

You did get stuck with one of these pet rocks? :danger: If you try the TCR for Ti01 in TCR mode your going to end up with a glowing coil. Fair warning. Ditto with any other wire type.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    Are you all implying that this mod is simply not really safe in any mode? I am not being flip. I am just not as sophisticated with some of the tech details. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I don't honestly know I don't have one but from what I've been reading the RX200S might be a better mod for 1/2 the price except for a shallow 510 but my Kanger STM's work ok on my RX200.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    @GeorgeS No I was thinking about it but sounds like Sigelei is not moving in the right direction. How many place does it go in TCR when I heard TFR I figured it was like the SX with Temp Comp

TFR is like the table in Steam Engine (where I get my numbers). Click on the 'wire wizard' and select 'table' in about the center of the page. The numbers presented allow you to enter a curve on a DNA200, (presumed DNA75) and TFR on the Sig213.

It kinda-sorta works sometimes on the Sig213.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread