Sigelei 213 owners thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of several other people that said theirs are working as well and are now happy with the device for the most part.

I am not doubting your word.
Not sure if I missed those posts.
Just haven't noticed anyone else saying so.
Hard to judge fully by one claim.
Hoped others would mention if theirs did as well.

JLR9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston
My only problem with retuning it is that i wont be home for the next month or two. And usually i don't go anywhere without a mod. I have the old sigelei 150w that doesnt have temp control that i can resort back to but its much more difficultto carry around than the 213.
You can try resetting it. Open the battery door, then hold down the - button and close the battery door. It will say factory default, then let go of the - button and it will go through a reboot.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

JLR9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston
Mine seems to be working in SS316 preset temp control now when I use the temperature compensate setting. I'm not sure how accurate it is since this is my only TC mod and I'm using a Crown and not an RDA. So far I like the warmer vape when using power mode.

Reactions: Me+Me

Oceanz

May 26, 2016
You can try resetting it. Open the battery door, then hold down the - button and close the battery door. It will say factory default, then let go of the - button and it will go through a reboot.
After reading this ive tried it about ten times. The screen glitch persists even in the screen that says factory reset. This is a mess

kenpocory

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2015
www.coryscomputers.com
It's all good. I wouldn't take my word for it either. There's past posts about it if you're willing to dig, or you could just wait to see how many people respond.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I'm interested in solving this as well b/c I have two of these mods myself and I'd like to buy more if they can be sorted out.

First, I've never encountered this problem, but I would pull the batteries and leave them out for 30 min(1st time) and see what happens.

Second, if that did not work, pull the batteries, take a wire connecting a resistor to the end of one wire, and try to drain any power stored in the device by touching to the terminals up inside the device at the top of the device. Again, leave the batteries out and try it again.

If anyone has any ideas, now is the time to come forth with them.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    I'm not sure. I was hoping to get some ideas for either the tcr or tfr. It wont vape on preset settings in either mode

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    What kind of wires are you using? I find SS316L to sort of work on the 316 preset on the sig213.

I'm not sure. I was hoping to get some ideas for either the tcr or tfr. It wont vape on preset settings in either mode
    If you're having trouble with TC make sure you press up and down together to read resistance. Works heaps better once i figured that out.
    And go to the Sig website for their conversions if you want to use TCR. I wonder how many of the problems are just down to people not using the device properly and how many are legit? Not that there aren't legit problems, but, you know, a lot of people are dumb or quick to blame a device when they are the ones not using it right.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2013
    Emerald Coast
    And go to the Sig website for their conversions if you want to use TCR.

I wonder how many of the problems are just down to people not using the device properly and how many are legit?

you know, a lot of people are dumb or quick to blame a device when they are the ones not using it right.

There lies the conundrum...

It is the device that doesn't work correctly when used as intended...Workarounds must be used to get somewhat 'proper' functionality.

nybreath

May 26, 2016
    Hi, I would like to know something regarding this box if possible.
    When using the box in power mode you can increase the voltage till the max 7,5v, at this point the voltage stop, but you can still increase the wattage. How is this possible? Are the information on the display not correct or how it is possible to keep increasing the wattage without increasing the voltage?.

Have you tried playing with the temperature compensate setting? I was having the same issue with ss and found it made a world of difference.

So, first time with a TC mod, can anyone explain what the Temp comp settings are for and when I should consider playing with it? I'll be firing up the mod for the first time today and already have a check list of things to "fix" the mod and get it working properly -- resistance read and lock, TCR change, the preheat things. Judging by the way kenpocory wrote his post, it almost seems like I should just up the temp comp off the hop, by 80 degrees as OlderNDirt said, if I'm using SS316? Never had a box mod so I'm not likely going to be able to compare and know it's working at its best.

kenpocory

ECF Veteran
    Dec 4, 2015
    www.coryscomputers.com
    Hi, I would like to know something regarding this box if possible.
    When using the box in power mode you can increase the voltage till the max 7,5v, at this point the voltage stop, but you can still increase the wattage. How is this possible? Are the information on the display not correct or how it is possible to keep increasing the wattage without increasing the voltage?.
    Well, it all relates to ohms law. It's actually regulating the device back, so you're not really hitting beyond a certain wattage even though the device is showing an increase. This is really an oversimplified explanation because there's more to it than that. I would suggest reading up on ohms law and how it all relates to get a real understanding.

Last edited:

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
    Feb 27, 2015
    Washington
    I know ohm's law, and I understand why it can't go above a certain wattage, what I don't understand is why the device keep increasing the displayed wattage? It just seems misleading to me.
    It can be misleading I guess. I really don't think it's a big deal though. You should see all the questions from iStick users that ask why their mod wont go above XX watts. Then you have to try and explain to them about the voltage limit. 6 one way...half-dozen another...

Reactions: GeorgeS
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread