Sigelei 213 owners thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenpocory

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2015
www.coryscomputers.com
Help/advice? Searched the thread and only post that came up was a brief comment I made before. Here goes:

A favorite vape for me is some Cuttwood Boss Reserve in a TFV4 mini with stock titanium coil (TF-Ti) on a Lavabox DNA200 at 490° on 68watts. It would be great if I could dial in a comparable vape with the 213 (lighter, smaller, longer battery life), but after a few days and adjusting everything I can find here and in the manual, it just doesn't get there. Best I can describe the vape is weak, both in flavor and cloud. I've been up/down on temp and pre-heat watts/time and best I have come up with is 540° with an 80 watt preheat for 0.7 seconds. It just doesn't seem right to up the temp or preheat time, leaving me watts as an adjustment. But am I already getting up there pretty high or am I "safe" cranking it on up?

Hope somebody has a suggestion as I really like this mod in spite of the complaints and I don't want to just settle for power mode. Thanks!
Have you tried playing with the temperature compensate setting? I was having the same issue with ss and found it made a world of difference.

Reactions: OlderNDirt

Adam Belcher

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
no one cared, that's the problem. It was pretty well known what we had to expect... but that is off topic, sorry.

Received my gold one today :) And I still have not touched my beloved RX200 since I got this mod.
Yeah, I'll rephrase that. I new nothing about it. I'd just started fannying about with an ego stardust jobby from my corner shop when the tpd was passed and it just wasn't on my radar till much later.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Have you tried playing with the temperature compensate setting? I was having the same issue with ss and found it made a world of difference.

Thank you! I had tried to adjust that, but it kept coming up "preheat power adjustment", so thought it might be a bug in my mod. Tried again making sure I was hitting both +and - buttons with the fire button and got it to come up. Took it up 90° and yes, it made a big improvement!

So, I am now running it with the 90° compensation at 530° and a 80W preheat for 0.7 seconds and the base of the TFV4 gets really warm, which it has always done. A good enough vape that any further adjusting should only require minor adjustments.

Thanks again for helping me to get this working! Now I can move on to adjusting for my SS coils. In spite of the complaints, I am liking this mod more and more every day!

Reactions: kenpocory

Adam Belcher

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
Thank you! I had tried to adjust that, but it kept coming up "preheat power adjustment", so thought it might be a bug in my mod. Tried again making sure I was hitting both +and - buttons with the fire button and got it to come up. Took it up 90° and yes, it made a big improvement!

So, I am now running it with the 90° compensation at 530° and a 80W preheat for 0.7 seconds and the base of the TFV4 gets really warm, which it has always done. A good enough vape that any further adjusting should only require minor adjustments.

Thanks again for helping me to get this working! Now I can move on to adjusting for my SS coils. In spite of the complaints, I am liking this mod more and more every day!
Have you tried manually upping the initial resistance? My device reads 0.01-0.02 lower than my joytech mods. In ss tc that relates to a difference of 150f to 300f. Fire the coil wait for resistance to drop to desired number and lock it there.

If you read back through the thread there are pages of discussions about this.

Sorry man.... I see were on just abt pg 40 and I didn't want to go back and read every post. I check this thread from time to time and it is becoming massive.

I bolded it so that it would catch people's eye if they were scrolling fast.

kenpocory

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2015
www.coryscomputers.com
Sorry man.... I see were on just abt pg 40 and I didn't want to go back and read every post. I check this thread from time to time and it is becoming massive.

I bolded it so that it would catch people's eye if they were scrolling fast.
Oh, it's all good. I was just letting you know in case you overlooked it. I know the thread is huge.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Oceanz

May 26, 2016
So I'm new to this forum. First forum ive ever actually participated in. I have the screen jumble issue and it seems to be irreversable. Ive been trying to find a solution to this problem but ever since i tried to use the preheat function i havent been able to see my screen properly. Do i just need to turn preheat off? If so, how? 90% of the time my screen is completely black so it makes it very difficult to use my mod. I just got this thing today, i mainly use power mode so it would be nice if i didnt have to return it to get a working mod. Hope to hear something, thanks!

kenpocory

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2015
www.coryscomputers.com
So I'm new to this forum. First forum ive ever actually participated in. I have the screen jumble issue and it seems to be irreversable. Ive been trying to find a solution to this problem but ever since i tried to use the preheat function i havent been able to see my screen properly. Do i just need to turn preheat off? If so, how? 90% of the time my screen is completely black so it makes it very difficult to use my mod. I just got this thing today, i mainly use power mode so it would be nice if i didnt have to return it to get a working mod. Hope to hear something, thanks!
I only get the jumbled screen if I press the + button and fire button at exactly the same time. If I press the + button just a fraction of a second before the fire button and hold them down, no jumbled screen. Let me know if that works for you.

Oceanz

May 26, 2016
Ok here is the rub. Yes their are problems. Yes we brought them to Sigelei's attention. They came up with a workaround so you can use the functions with in reason. Basically they sold so many of these units that have these problems that they cant replace all of them. If you want to use TCR with 316 you need to use 0.0005. So you can not differentiate lower fraction of lower value wires, like 316 from 316L. You will need to up the temperature by like 50-75 degrees or so. You need to convert their mistake in the final firmware version to make it work correctly. If you do not know about the need to use this conversion you could burn your self. The screen glitch portion they MAY be able to fix but to me that is minor but still not right. They may be able to fix the misfire. They are not sure what they are going to do. It seems like they are in damage control mode. They said they would update if anything changes. As of right now you are stuck with the mod. Not holding my breath. Warranty service also has no idea what to do right now. Just a quick recap: If you have a Pre-release version of this, it all works just fine! Tested on the warranty claims center PRE-release version. The release version has all these problems. Screen glitch, Misfire, TCR values wrong. Good news is that the new 213 is supposed to work as this one should have. I'm going to put my video back up with the work around so people can use it safely. I will report back if there is any good news but I doubt it. That's enough Sigelei crap for me. Good luck Vapers. Vape safe!
After 15 minutes of having this thing i tried using preheat without any knowledge of the screen glitch. My screen glitched out and hasnt been displaying anything for 90% of the past 4 hours. The screen glitch isnt a minor problem. Ive been searching this forum site for solutions to this glitch and nothing has seemed to come up. All ive found is a diagnosis for this problem. Tcr doesnt matter to me because I'm not going to use it. I'd like to use my mod in power mode and deal with the possibility of screen glitch because i don't want to send this back for a return. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Oceanz

May 26, 2016
Ive trie
I only get the jumbled screen if I press the + button and fire button at exactly the same time. If I press the + button just a fraction of a second before the fire button and hold them down, no jumbled screen. Let me know if that works for you.
Ive tried this several times and occasianally it works.... Until i hit another button, then my screen glitches out again. I seriously don't want to return this mod and wait for a new one, I'm going to be too busy throughout the next month to have time to deal with waiting for the mail

I did. Works fine in all modes now, including tcr and tfr.

Thank you for your reply.
Do you happen to know if others did to?
I have one.
Mine always did work in tcr, technically.
I use ss coils in several devices and I am unimpressed with this in tc.
So wondering how those settings worked for most?

Oceanz

May 26, 2016
Okay so now i delayed pressing the plus button a little bit longer and it seemed to work this time, i guess my fraction of a second was a bit shorter than yours, thanks though!

kenpocory

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2015
www.coryscomputers.com
Ive trie

Ive tried this several times and occasianally it works.... Until i hit another button, then my screen glitches out again. I seriously don't want to return this mod and wait for a new one, I'm going to be too busy throughout the next month to have time to deal with waiting for the mail
That's definitely a larger issue than just the simple screen glitch I have experienced.

Reactions: SteamHead

Oceanz

May 26, 2016
So after getting the screen to work again i began replying to you again, the screen went dark (like it should while sitting) and now I'm back to the same screen glitch, this time pressing + and fire isnt doing anything whatsoever. Is it possible i got a really bad one?

kenpocory

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2015
www.coryscomputers.com
Thank you for your reply.
Do you happen to know if others did to?
I have one.
Mine always did work in tcr, technically.
I use ss coils in several devices and I am unimpressed with this in tc.
So wondering how those settings worked for most?
I know of several other people that said theirs are working as well and are now happy with the device for the most part.

Reactions: Me+Me

kenpocory

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2015
www.coryscomputers.com
So after getting the screen to work again i began replying to you again, the screen went dark (like it should while sitting) and now I'm back to the same screen glitch, this time pressing + and fire isnt doing anything whatsoever. Is it possible i got a really bad one?
Very possible. I've seen posts in here about other devices not working properly in power or tc mode, so the severity seems to vary. I haven't experienced anything worse than the jumbled screen when pressing + and fire at the same time. Otherwise mine functions pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread