Status
Not open for further replies.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
yeah, fits a T3 well, or a narrow catrotank,or older small protanks,not bad with an innokin 30s ,when I got my first flat top I thought it was clumsy looking, until I put a matching tank on it......been using it for years almost exclusively with a cartotank

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
yeah, fits a T3 well, or a narrow catrotank,or older small protanks,not bad with an Innokin 30s ,when I got my first flat top I thought it was clumsy looking, until I put a matching tank on it......been using it for years almost exclusively with a cartotank

My Tobeco KF V4 fits nicely on Zmax v5. The order came in from Vapers Teck, safely. I mixed up a 100ml of Polish Peach for the wife. Very nice. Oh Yah, my avatar pictures the quad setups we use and I maintain.:cool: It will be a while before I break into their liter of nic.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
yeah, fits a T3 well, or a narrow catrotank,or older small protanks,not bad with an Innokin 30s ,when I got my first flat top I thought it was clumsy looking, until I put a matching tank on it......been using it for years almost exclusively with a cartotank

It is not only the flat top which I like better but the tube design itself. I think Sigelei was attempting look more like the Provari with the tapered design with vertical lines on the tube

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
No doubt when the zmax was designed they were aiming to compete with provari. Think about it. Provari is the most successful mod that hasn't been cloned, nor had any direct competition... at least until zmax appeared. That promoted the redesign of provari to crop circles and mini dimples. Zmax took a different course to the flat top. When I bought my zmax's they also came with a one year warrenty, serviced stateside (I think in CA). Again aimed directly at provari with their warrenty. To my knowledge those are the only 2 that have ever offered warrenties. Maybe the Spire.

I'm also a provari fan largely because they never die and company backs them forever. At the time, a provari and carto tank was the only hardware needed to vape successfully if a person was a minimalist. That's probably influenced my vaping choices to this day. If I were to start vaping today, I'd have a helluva time trying to figure out where I fit. Actually, even for intermediate vapers it's a quagmire. I was looking at 316l, 316, 304 wire earlier. Geesh. I just wanna vape.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Oh yea, back then the predominant tank was the 19mm protank which provape also sold on their website. The cerotank and davide were 19mm too. There wasn't a 22mm glass clearo until aerotank mega and nautilus. The viva nova was around but they were plastic and 90% of eliquids cracked them.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
No. I completely disagree.

When the Sigelei V3 and V5 flat tops hit the market a 22 to 23 mm XL carto tank was the norm. Most users then were not using the newer and less reliable sub-ohm equipment at the time. I had no trouble finding a 22 mm carto tank from IBTanked at the time. Sub-ohm coils defined the next generation (or degenaration) of vaping. So it goes. Hell, I don't care as long as I don't smoke anymore. The rest doesn't matter to me.

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
No. I completely disagree.

When the Sigelei V3 and V5 flat tops hit the market a 22 to 23 mm XL carto tank was the norm. Most users then were not using the newer and less reliable sub-ohm equipment at the time. I had no trouble finding a 22 mm carto tank from IBTanked at the time. Sub-ohm coils defined the next generation (or degenaration) of vaping. So it goes. Hell, I don't care as long as I don't smoke anymore. The rest doesn't matter to me.
I was talking about clearos. I don't know what was going on with cartos. It was right after I started and there were big group buys of protanks since a glass clearo was a big deal at the time. I never got into cartos.

fairmana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melbourne, Florida
Reactions: aikanae1

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Dan, im thinking possibly there were variations on the Z that may have never made it to the US market,the minor changes,even within the V3 as well as the V5 seem to pop up from time to time, after all the Chinese are the masters of cloning/changing, sometimes by the day

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Dan, im thinking possibly there were variations on the Z that may have never made it to the US market,the minor changes,even within the V3 as well as the V5 seem to pop up from time to time, after all the Chinese are the masters of cloning/changing, sometimes by the day

I believe you are right. I was surprised to find two Innokin versions, SVD, 134, produced by Sigelei as well. I wonder if anyone in the company even knows all that has been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread