SMOK QBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahea

Sep 29, 2017
I just brought my mod yesterday and after a couple of hours it kept reading OH TOO LOW. Then I charged it and it said the same. I cleaned it and tried to rest it but still no luck. Took it into the shop where we brought it and they said the coil isn't good so we replaced it. It worked for about 4 puffs within a 2hr span and now it's reading OHM TOO HIGH. ANY SUGGESTIONS? I'm thinking of getting a replacement but for now I want this thing to work. Ugh!!!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Sounds like Smok's legendary quality control strikes again. /sarcasm

The problem is likely a bad electrical connection between the device and the tank.

Try tightening the tank a little. If it's already good and tight, try loosening a bit. Try taking it off completely and reattaching it.

If all fails, exchange it for something not named Smok.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It does sound like you may be getting an intermittent connection problem between the tank and the mod. You can try tightening the tank and coil, but if the problem continues, I would take it back to the store for warranty/replacement or exchange....

With that said, what is the tank and coil resistance? Did you buy batteries separately or did the vape shop sell you some (many Vape store "brands: are rewraps, and may not have the capacity that is printed on the label, at best, or may have imperfections or have not passed QC with the big manufacturers). I wish vape shops would stop selling batteries, or at least sell decent ones, it's one of the most important components of a mod. A bad mod (most likely) won't work, a bad tank may leak and/or do other annoying stuff, but only batteries are able to vent thermally causing real damage.... So more information would be helpful, to try and see what is going on. It COULD well be something other than a bad connection, though ohms fluctuating wildly in either direction seem to indicated a hardware problem of *some* sort, but it's not a definite.... Either way, you may need to return it, but it would be good to figure out what exactly is happening, so that if something like that happens again, you know it's not the batteries, user error, or anything else....

Good luck!

Anna

Kahea

Sep 29, 2017
It does sound like you may be getting an intermittent connection problem between the tank and the mod. You can try tightening the tank and coil, but if the problem continues, I would take it back to the store for warranty/replacement or exchange....

With that said, what is the tank and coil resistance? Did you buy batteries separately or did the vape shop sell you some (many Vape store "brands: are rewraps, and may not have the capacity that is printed on the label, at best, or may have imperfections or have not passed QC with the big manufacturers). I wish vape shops would stop selling batteries, or at least sell decent ones, it's one of the most important components of a mod. A bad mod (most likely) won't work, a bad tank may leak and/or do other annoying stuff, but only batteries are able to vent thermally causing real damage.... So more information would be helpful, to try and see what is going on. It COULD well be something other than a bad connection, though ohms fluctuating wildly in either direction seem to indicated a hardware problem of *some* sort, but it's not a definite.... Either way, you may need to return it, but it would be good to figure out what exactly is happening, so that if something like that happens again, you know it's not the batteries, user error, or anything else....

Good luck!

Anna

Kahea

Sep 29, 2017
Sounds like Smok's legendary quality control strikes again. /sarcasm

The problem is likely a bad electrical connection between the device and the tank.

Try tightening the tank a little. If it's already good and tight, try loosening a bit. Try taking it off completely and reattaching it.

If all fails, exchange it for something not named Smok.
Ok. I've tried this so I'm guessing smok sucks.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Smok doesn't consistently suck, but some setups do seem to have more problems than others. There are those that like them and use them consistently, but I'm not sure they are the best choice for a beginning vaper. There is too much risk of user error, they do offer a lot of options for the price point but sometimes something simpler is better to start out with. I'm more of a MTL (high resistance, inhale like inhaling like a cigarette, into mouth, then lungs, then out, rather than DL (inhale directly into the lungs, high volume of vapor, usually lower nic as more vapor is being inhaled.) I don't know exactly how much actual vaping you got to do, but if you were happy with the vapor you got, and like inhaling directly into your lungs, there are some good startout sub0hm setups besides smok, though you *may* pay slightly more, but not always. If you like the idea of less vapor, you may want to talk to the shop guy about a different setup, one with higher resistance coils (1.0 and above) and higher nicotine e-liquid to start with.

It really depends on your preference, but since you are returning the setup anyway, might want to think about how you liked the vapor production (if you got any at all) and if you did, staying in a similar resistance range for a coil/tank.

Good luck!

Anna

Reactions: BrotherBob

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Ok. I've tried this so I'm guessing smok sucks.
Smok's Ok. It's just that they seem to have had some QC problems of late, they offer a lot of features that new vapers don't know how to use yet and their low price point makes them a favorite volume seller at vape shops.

Put those three factors together and there isn't a day that goes by without at least one question/complaint here on ECF similar to yours.

Anna pointed out a good option you might consider. The DTL style of vaping taught me that vaping could help me stop smoking. It and the equipment for it could be more your style.

Kahea

Sep 29, 2017
Smok doesn't consistently suck, but some setups do seem to have more problems than others. There are those that like them and use them consistently, but I'm not sure they are the best choice for a beginning vaper. There is too much risk of user error, they do offer a lot of options for the price point but sometimes something simpler is better to start out with. I'm more of a MTL (high resistance, inhale like inhaling like a cigarette, into mouth, then lungs, then out, rather than DL (inhale directly into the lungs, high volume of vapor, usually lower nic as more vapor is being inhaled.) I don't know exactly how much actual vaping you got to do, but if you were happy with the vapor you got, and like inhaling directly into your lungs, there are some good startout sub0hm setups besides smok, though you *may* pay slightly more, but not always. If you like the idea of less vapor, you may want to talk to the shop guy about a different setup, one with higher resistance coils (1.0 and above) and higher nicotine e-liquid to start with.

It really depends on your preference, but since you are returning the setup anyway, might want to think about how you liked the vapor production (if you got any at all) and if you did, staying in a similar resistance range for a coil/tank.

Good luck!

Anna
Ok. Tysm. I'll keep all these I'm mind when I go in today.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I just brought my mod yesterday and after a couple of hours it kept reading OH TOO LOW. Then I charged it and it said the same. I cleaned it and tried to rest it but still no luck. Took it into the shop where we brought it and they said the coil isn't good so we replaced it. It worked for about 4 puffs within a 2hr span and now it's reading OHM TOO HIGH. ANY SUGGESTIONS? I'm thinking of getting a replacement but for now I want this thing to work. Ugh!!!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Your getting some excellent ECF advice.
Please try work with the B&M Vape shop. If you are a new vaper, it looks like they may have sold you an advanced vapor kit which may have not been appropriate for the amount of time they spent explaining it to you. Some on line vendors have started warning the novice vaper before they purchase with:
"Advanced User Item. Use at Your Own Risk!".
Perhaps the B&M Shop has something a little simpler you can start out with?
Might like to read:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread