Steamcrave Aromamizer Plus RDTA 30mm (ETA: End of December)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VPDownunder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
Tasmania, Australia
Now I'm curious as I hardly used SS before. Made a build on the crius plus ages ago but didn't really found it that special. Perhaps with more exotic wires such as fused claptons it will.

SS can handle TC and wattage-mode
Is there any noticeable difference between kanthal and SS on wattage mode as well?

4.5mm ID sounds crazy .. I guess it fits though, but how to handle the wicking ends? I bet it would require to comb out a lot of cotton at the ends to fit them in the juice flow well

I prefer SS in power mode for better flavor and being able to run it in temp control when I'm in the mood is a nice bonus.

I haven't needed to thin out the wick ends with 4.5mm id coils but I did when I ran 5mm id.

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
Some weird stuff going on, hoping someone knows the answer;

Tank is empty --> time to refill

I close the AFC, close the JFC
Open the topcap, fill up the tank.
Close the topcap, open the AFC and open the JFC

At the first drag I notice the deck/wick is flooded, heavy spitback and gurgling and can taste the juice I just poured in the tank (how?! I closed the JFC)
Soon after that leaking occurs out of the airflow holes, I'm guessing 1/2ml.

When I take apart the atty, the JFC seems to work as the channels get blocked when I close it off.

Where does this flooding and leaking come from ??
After I cleaned up the mess I can vape away the entire tank free of any leaking ....until I need to refill again

Last edited:
Reactions: eLCruz

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
You most likely did not stuff enough cotton into the juice flow holes on the deck. I had a similar issue when I first got it. I thought I had enough cotton in there...I was wrong. And if the deck is not perfectly alligned, it will flood. Also, if there is excess cotton sticking out of the deck, it willl flood...make sure you trim it flush with the base of the deck.

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
You most likely did not stuff enough cotton into the juice flow holes on the deck. I had a similar issue when I first got it. I thought I had enough cotton in there...I was wrong. And if the deck is not perfectly alligned, it will flood. Also, if there is excess cotton sticking out of the deck, it willl flood...make sure you trim it flush with the base of the deck.

I pretty much made sure wicking is done correctly.
If it was the bad wicking it would leak continuously I guess. This is not the case. I can lay it on its side, upside down and it won't leak. It only happens right after filling. On top of that, I close the JFC, so juice should not come down and enter the the well, right?

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
Might have found the issue..

When the JFC is closed, i can still vape without dry hits.:confused:
So, the JFC has a flaw, eventhough it does look like it closes off the tank section when I take apart the atty
Juice can find its way without showing the usual big air bubbles.. <--> edit : stupid I not see this before in spite of using this tank some days now, but tiny bubbles can be seen coming directly from the area where the JFC doors are closed.

A case of having a faulty device? Don't think I can take this section apart and fix it

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I agree with this. Needs more cotton. I never needed to personally but you can try to burp it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017

So, the JFC has a flaw, eventhough it does look like it closes off the tank section when I take apart the atty
Juice can find its way without showing the usual big air bubbles..

A case of having a faulty device?
You can take a few hits with the JFC closed. Your cotton should have enough juice for 4-5 hits easily

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida

Juice can find its way without showing the usual big air bubbles..

A case of having a faulty device?
It's a JFC issue... Not wicking! I've written steam crave about this. Waiting for a reply.

[emoji228] Here there be Whales [emoji229]

Reactions: Yaroon

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
AFC closed & JFC closed

Fill it

Screw the top cap on until you feel resistance. That's the o-ring sealing.
Turn it upside down to finish screwing the top cap on.
(upside down with only air bubbles at the "top" will only force air out when you finish closing it the last few turns and open the afc/jfc)
Open the afc & jfc to where you want it set while you have it upside down.
Flip it rightside up and vape away without any leaks.

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
It's like midnight, so I went out of bed and checked it throughly to be sure

It's an issue with the JFC.. It does not close off the tank completely. I use the 10ml and I am currently in the process of testing many many DIY juices on it. I haven't filled up the 10ml tank completely due to this reason, just 2 to 3ml... This way it's hard to see any bubbles floating up

Anyway, I filled up the 10ml fully with some nasty old 80VG juice, sat down and saw one tiny bubble after the other floating up from one side of the JFC door.

Damn

Until this gets resolved, it'll be a 1/2ml leaking party after every refill

You can take a few hits with the JFC closed. Your cotton should have enough juice for 4-5 hits easily

30 hits, no dry hit : JFC closed
Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
AFC closed & JFC closed

Fill it

(upside down with only air bubbles at the "top" will only force air out when you finish closing it the last few turns and open the afc/jfc)

Would this matter in any way if the JFC in a closed situation leaks?
The damage is already done the moment I fill up the tank; leaking and flooding inside already occurred.

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
AFC closed & JFC closed

Fill it

Problem is it's happening DURING filling while putting juice in. I do the flip, I'm a long time top fill nut, and this has become SOP for me. The thing is when I flip, I get a hand full of juice from the driptip.
This never happened on my Supreme. That's why I've contacted Maggie @ steam crave. Waiting for a reply.

It's bigger on the inside...

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Problem is it's happening DURING filling while putting juice in. I do the flip, I'm a long time top fill nut, and this has become SOP for me. The thing is when I flip, I get a hand full of juice from the driptip.
This never happened on my Supreme. That's why I've contacted Maggie @ steam crave. Waiting for a reply.

It's bigger on the inside...
Are u sure everything is lined up right?

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
Are u sure everything is lined up right?

I know it is lined up in my case..
Just sent out a ticket.

I love this atty,.. until this is fixed I'll just fill up the tank to its max capacity to avoid frequentl refills in the fastest way possible :blush:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I know it is lined up in my case..
Just sent out a ticket.

I love this atty,.. until this is fixed I'll just fill up the tank to its max capacity to avoid frequentl refills in the fastest way possible :blush:
Maybe yours is missing an Oring or something? It's not normal.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
Maybe yours is missing an Oring or something? It's not normal.

I wish it was just an o ring.
There is I think no way to take apart the bottom section ( the well section and juice flow section ). I don't think there is an o ring in there either,.

Tomorrow I'll fill up the tank to its max with just base, see if this makes an even bigger mess. I recon it might as the weight and gravity will do their job. Let's see.

Crap! I was so happy with this flavorbeast

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I wish it was just an o ring.
There is I think no way to take apart the bottom section ( the well section and juice flow section ). I don't think there is an o ring in there either,.

Tomorrow I'll fill up the tank to its max with just base, see if this makes an even bigger mess. I recon it might as the weight and gravity will do their job. Let's see.

Crap! I was so happy with this flavorbeast
It comes apart and there are notches that need to be lined up for the JFC
Here is the full assembly and disassembly that I did

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
This is the best Supreme yet! I have a 25&23mm But the 30 is the best! The Air flow is real smooth, the little screens in the air holes are nice to, No spit back out the holes any more.
The postless deck is more hassle to coil but it has lots of room
I never had any leaking problems with any of the supremes, the jfc works excellent.
The only real issue is 30mm don't fit on most mods with out over hang.
Here's my 2 :)

I don't run no big fancy coils just dual 3mm Ti spaced :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread