retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
OK, while I'm aware of all the latest and greatest goodies hitting the market, the majority do absolutely nothing for me, or my vaping style. However, I haven't really kept up with tanks.

First, I vape to replace smoking. I don't view it as a hobby and I've gotten tired of the hobby aspect as far as rebuilding goes. So.....

1. Must be capable of TC
2. Must be small. (The smaller, the better.)
3. Accompanying tank should use stock coils. I'm tired of rebuilding. Again, must be capable of being used in a TC mod.
4. 18650 or smaller preferred. Not really wild about everything getting "bigger", including batteries.
5. Tank must support MTL. Direct lung hits? Nope nope nope. Not for me.

The setup needs to be compact. Think Smoant Knight or Tesla Stealth. I'm partial to this type of mod due to it protecting the tank.

This is going to be a "daily driver" which also means it's going to get used at work (including the occasional trip to the can to get a "fix"). Therefore, clouds are definitely not a consideration.

Reactions: Katdarling

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I really like the size of my Tesla Stealth with the Freemax Starre(the coils are great for flavor and which can use Atlantis v2 coils), the Tesla Nano 100 is small with TC. but for MTL the Aspire Nautilus X Compact might more to your taste and I believe they make SS coils for them.
Hth

Sent from the future

Last edited:

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
While I don't actually have one, (I like the extra battery life of a dual battery mod) the istick Pico seems to be a popular choice. I know a few people that have them, and they seem to be an almost bulletproof device, with all the modern conveniences.
Haven't been shopping for a MTL tank lately, but the old standby Nautilus mini is still a good choice (I have one in my rotation that's over 2 years old) but (just checked in a couple places) the only coils available are kanthal.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
MTL, a single 18650 is fine. I'd go with the Pico 25 mod. Small and a good rep on the original and follow up Picos. Does TC reasonably well for the price point. It also accommodates 25 mm tanks which offers more flexibility than the 22 mm limited original Pico.

The problem you'll run into is finding a mtl tank that uses a TC coil. The only one I can think of is a Triton mini Ni 0.15 ohm coil that can fit the Nauti series (except the Nauti X) or a Triton mini if you can find one. Most of the factory TC coils on the market for any tank are geared towards more airflow than a tight mtl.

Maybe someone knows of a factory coil mtl setup that offers TC coils, but outside of the Ni Triton mini coil I'm drawing a blank.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
For devices, everything I have heard is that the top two boards for TC are the Yihi and the DNA boards. So maybe look at devices that fit your size, battery count, and price concerns that use those boards. Personally I just ordered the HCigar VT75D (dual battery DNA 75C device). It is supposed to arrive today so no personal experience with it yet.

For a MTL tank with replaceable coil heads, I am anxiously awaiting the two new tanks from PBusardo and Innokin due out end of Oct. One is an RBA but the other is a replaceable coil head tank.

Coming soon: New MTL tanks

Good luck.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
The iSub V is a TC tank. It comes with 0.5 SS coils that are suitable for mouth to lung vaping if you restrict the airflow. There are probably better choices - I don't know - but for drop-in SS coils, I don't think there are a lot of options. Others, sure, but not a large variety of choices.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The Pico 75 TC paired with either a Nautilus 2 or a Toptank Mini. The TTM tank does MTL well with the 1.2 Ohm coils for it. You'll need a narrow bore drip tip and you'll need to close the airflow to your liking, but once you do you're good. The Protank II drip tip works great, BTW.

The Nauty is strictly a MTL tank. A lot of ECF users who are MTL vapers use that tank.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I have the Target Mini and I've been enjoying it as a mod for on the go mtl. You can use tc on this mod. The tank called the guardian tank comes with an option to either use it as non-mtl with a .5 coil, or you can "convert" the tank to a mtl tank and use the .6 coil from the recommended 8 to 13 watts. Both coils are made of stainless steel.

Target Mini Vape Kit | Vaporesso
Screenshot_20171018-175041_20171018180202095.jpg

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
How small do you want your mod to be? I'm not a fan of Picos (seems like I'm the only one in the world) because I don't care for that battery cap on top and it just doesn't fit right in my (S/M size) hand. If you want a side-by-side, let me page the two people who are experts on the subject--they'll be able to tell you what works and what doesn't: @Katdarling and @DPLongo22 :D

If you want a smallish (mini) mod with tank on top, I really like the Wismec Presa 75. Joyetech eVic Primo Mini and/or Wismec Sinuous P80 are also worth considering.

If you want a smallish mod with a DNA chip, this one comes highly recommended and is very well priced:

$63.50 Authentic SBody Artisan DNA75C 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 3.0V-4.2V / 1*18650 / 0.9" TFT color screen at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

MTL tanks with TC coils? That's tougher. Eleaf GS Airtank, Nautilus, and eGo One tanks all come with TC-capable coils, but I don't know how good they are--I use them with Kanthal coils. Subtank mini comes with SS coils, but they may be too airy for you. I agree with Scott's suggestion--Phil's tanks are supposed to be MTL and one version comes with premade coils. Should be released soon.

Coming soon: New MTL tanks

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Here is something I will be buying, it's the authentic vape cige sd nano 60 watt. My favs are the olc stratums , I have 3 and they are just the perfect size imo, but they are super expensive and hard to get, but someone turned me on to the vape cige mods and they are basically the same size and shape and reasonable. I bet the kabuki tank would look sweet on top

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
R1, my suggestion for a somewhat protected tank would also be the Rolo as Beamslider just mentioned.

I don't use any TC coils, but I see you've had recommendations there, too.

The only other mod I love (for nearly completely hidden tanks) is the XVO. Not cheap, but for me, fabulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread