Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hmmmm. Just tripped across this little jewel.

ASTER RT with MELO RT 22 - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Now, I'm finding hints here and there that the Melo coils are interchangable with the various Melo tanks out there, and there's a .5 ohm SS drop in coil for the Melo. If that will work in the RT 22, I may have my daily driver.

Not sure on that. The coils for the RT22 look different than regular Melo coils (which are essentially Atlantis style). I see it comes with a 0.3 ohm coil, and I have zero idea if the airflow is restrictive enough for a "classic" tight mtl.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
There are tons of mods out there to fit your description, but if I wanted to go buy a tank right now that could do both MTL and TC without having to build coils- I'd grab an original Uwell Crown and slap a restricted airflow driptip on it. You can get the tank for $20-$25 and a driptip for a buck. I've had a lot of success using a restricted airflow driptip on my old Arctic V8 in TC mode with nickle coils. I have it set up to be more like a pipe than a cig (high max temp and low Watts used for a noticeable ramp up time) but if you get a mod with a 'curve' that you can control then you can tailor that to more of a cig feel. Or just use higher Wattage and a lower max temp.

Plus you can get an RBA adaption for about $10. It's a thing that is shaped like the pre-built atomizers but you actually build a coil on it and drop it in instead of an atomizer. So if you think you might want to build a coil now and then, you can if you want to. They have all of this stuff at My Vapor Store but I didn't see TC coils in stock just now when I looked. The other coils are all SS316L though so I would think that you can use them in TC mode as well. Just about every mod I see with TC will work with SS and many of them have TCR functionality.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Here's the driptip for a buck I was talking about:

Flat Aluminum Drip Tip - 510/901/KR808

I bought some of the black ones. I was surprised by how well it worked. It sort of tackles the MTL airflow problem from the other end. It feels like an old school cigarette holder when you use it.

Reactions: Katdarling

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Here, I'll throw this link out there too:

1.2 ohm Single Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil – 10 to 30W for Variable Wattage or SS316L TC Mode

Uwell Crown Replacement Coil 0.15, 0.25, 0.5, 1.2 Ohm (4pcs/pack) - Enigma

I'm not endorsing the vendor by any means but according to these guys it's a pre-built atomizer for MTL and TC for the original Uwell Crown - which I've heard is a very good tank.

• Informative
Reactions: Katdarling

Crystal_Skye

Aug 16, 2017
OK, while I'm aware of all the latest and greatest goodies hitting the market, the majority do absolutely nothing for me, or my vaping style. However, I haven't really kept up with tanks.

First, I vape to replace smoking. I don't view it as a hobby and I've gotten tired of the hobby aspect as far as rebuilding goes. So.....

1. Must be capable of TC
2. Must be small. (The smaller, the better.)
3. Accompanying tank should use stock coils. I'm tired of rebuilding. Again, must be capable of being used in a TC mod.
4. 18650 or smaller preferred. Not really wild about everything getting "bigger", including batteries.
5. Tank must support MTL. Direct lung hits? Nope nope nope. Not for me.

The setup needs to be compact. Think Smoant Knight or Tesla Stealth. I'm partial to this type of mod due to it protecting the tank.

This is going to be a "daily driver" which also means it's going to get used at work (including the occasional trip to the can to get a "fix"). Therefore, clouds are definitely not a consideration.

I have a Smok Stick V8 with the Big Baby Beast on it, and it's a great little "break" puffer. You can buy stock coils for it in a few different Ohms, and a few different numbers of coil sets. I even managed to find the coils on the Wish app for a buck a piece, plus a dollar or 2 for shipping. And when they arrived, they were in the actual Smok blister packs, so I'm sure they're originals, not knock offs. If you're looking for something a little bigger, my daily vape setup is a Sigeili Kaos Spectrum with either a Cloud Beast or Cloud Beast King tank. But it's not really a MTL setup. The Smok Stick V8 is a better option for that, with the single barrel 4 coil. I'm kind of over rebuilding coils myself, so I buy stock coils for the CB and CBK also. Found those on the Wish app also. Just my two vape cents...
Stick V8 Big Baby Beast 3000mAh Starter Kit by SMOK - RED

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
@retired1 did you find your new setup?

Not yet. Aside from being under the weather for the past few days, it's also the start of the "silly season" at work, leaving little else but to fix a quick bite to eat upon getting home and collapsing in bed. Soon, though.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
By the time you look again there will be a slew of new stuff out, and there seems to be a bit more interest in new MTL toppers by manufacturers. By then we may even know if the new Innokin MTL tanks are any good!
Exactly, I'm seeing ALOT more MTL tanks lately.

Sent from the future

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Not yet. Aside from being under the weather for the past few days, it's also the start of the "silly season" at work, leaving little else but to fix a quick bite to eat upon getting home and collapsing in bed. Soon, though.
I remember those days. Get up at 0230, jump on the train by 0330, get to work by 0500, get home by 1900 if I was lucky.
Then the days of commuting from Chicago to Milwaukee 4 days a week.
Food? Heh, that was a luxury.

Sent from the future

LikelySplash710

Sep 28, 2017
OK, while I'm aware of all the latest and greatest goodies hitting the market, the majority do absolutely nothing for me, or my vaping style. However, I haven't really kept up with tanks.

First, I vape to replace smoking. I don't view it as a hobby and I've gotten tired of the hobby aspect as far as rebuilding goes. So.....

1. Must be capable of TC
2. Must be small. (The smaller, the better.)
3. Accompanying tank should use stock coils. I'm tired of rebuilding. Again, must be capable of being used in a TC mod.
4. 18650 or smaller preferred. Not really wild about everything getting "bigger", including batteries.
5. Tank must support MTL. Direct lung hits? Nope nope nope. Not for me.

The setup needs to be compact. Think Smoant Knight or Tesla Stealth. I'm partial to this type of mod due to it protecting the tank.

This is going to be a "daily driver" which also means it's going to get used at work (including the occasional trip to the can to get a "fix"). Therefore, clouds are definitely not a consideration.
I have heard that suorin air or whatever it's called with nic salts is amazing

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread