Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Ooo, this makes me happy. I had a feeling that a GS2 might be in the works, yippy!!!

Can you link me to the group please?

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder
Closed group-you have to request joining-I just checked and can not find the ad that tells it is in the works

Puffaway

May 4, 2014
Dorset, UK
I'm sure there are other posts on this but here goes...
I really liked the vape I got with 350ZMO's mesh build. But I ran out of mesh - on a bank holiday weekend too!
I've spent 3 miserable days with standard Nickel/Cotton builds:
Fill. Toot - lovely. Toot - meh. Toot - wtf? Close AFC, draw hard, open AFC, toot ... repeat ad nauseam.
Just couldn't get it right.
This morning I discovered that the juice control wasn't working properly. I always screw the chimney cap about half way down so as not to crunch the cotton but I found it was being quietly turned down fully when I screwed on the tank.
I wrapped some floss tape under the arrowed O ring...
taifun-cap-arrow.jpg

... and I'm back in business; lots of fat bubbles and big flavour again.
The wicking is good up to around 15W but 20W is not achievable as it was with the mesh. I don't care though, 12W is fine for me.
(Note: Isn't it strange that solving one of life's minuscule problems like this makes you feel disproportionately happy? No? Just me then.)

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Just as Busardo missed the fact that VAT is not charged to US customers with his review of the Taifun Eye he has done the same here.
Price for US customers is right around $132. plus shipping. When you log in to SmokerStore with a non- Euro address the prices automatically changes.
Nice review though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtek

Puffaway

May 4, 2014
Dorset, UK
A Dremel works well for that.
Thanks for that Daniel. Sadly, mine is buried in one of 100s of poorly marked removals boxes.

Nice review though.
I thought he would've at least put a nickel build* in there to match the DNA40. On second thoughts, perhaps not!

I've seen no reason to have larger wick slots personally. I use either 2.5mm or even 3mm coil (angled slightly or raised slightly to fit) stuffed with KGD, never had a wicking issue.
I think that larger slots shouldn't be necessary for me as I'm not really a cloud chaser. I'm still having wicking problems however mainly due to my loose top cap getting screwed down by the tank (see post above). I hope I've cured that now** but I'm nowhere near putting 20W through a cotton build reliably. I'm currently having a great vape so the warding files have been put back in their drawer; for now.

* Having problems making spaced coils? Then try the Puffaway spaced coil builder.
** My floss tape under the chimney cap O ring worked (see post above) but needed constant attention at each refill so I slightly squeezed the top of the sliding collar in a hand vise. (I hated myself for doing it but the cap certainly tightens up now. A bit too much really as those fine threads are now rather crunchy.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
^^^ on the cap, to get it to fit tighter change it's o-ring to the next size. Example if 11 x 1 mm change it to 12 x 1 mm, also could be 11.5 x 1 mm, ect.
Mine fit so tight that they appear not to be able to start but with care they do.
Sorry I didn't mention it sooner.

Reactions: Puffaway

Puffaway

May 4, 2014
Dorset, UK
^^^ Thanks for that! I think it's a 10x1mm. I have boxfuls of O rings but 11x1mm? Of course not! Anyway:
Looking at things more closely I discovered that the O ring on the tank stalk (I'm using the cutesy bell tank that came with the GT 2) is very slightly thicker than that on the standard tank. Obviously, this exacerbated the problem as it offered significantly more resistance to the chimney cap even when well lubed.

I've now slightly un-crunchified my chimney threads but left the cap nice and firm. (I now have to watch that the whole chimney doesn't get twisted when screwing on the tank but so far so good.)

I have the thing at 15W, nickel, .1 ohm, 2.5mm coil, TC @ 210C (410F), and a very, very skinny cotton wick. It is a stellar vape and I don't use the term lightly. It doesn't leak either. If it can keep this up reliably I shall be very happy.

Thanks so much for the support and help - just keep it coming!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Just when I thought I have bought a bag of every Oring imaginable I find that I need more. Anybody (CRAAAAIIGGG) know what size Oring this is under the air flow control on the GT2 from Fasttech?
Well the one they used is too small, put a 16 x 1 mm there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread