Temp control tank that doesnt guzzle juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Just about any tank can or could be built to do this but it is up to the user.

For example, I'm currently "toodle puffing" on a 0.8ohm Ti TC build on a full size Aspire Nautilus. While I have my mod set to 20W the actual wattage used (once up to temperature) hovers between 6-8W.

While I believe there are "M2L" optimized tanks and atomizers available on the market generally the more power used equates to larger and more surface area of coils equates to more juice consumption.

Hint: if your trying to conserve juice I'd steer clear of most dual coil setups.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    looking for a temp control tank that doesnt guzzle juice or battery, any SS tanks like this? Or 0.3-0.5ohm temp control tanks? Cant find any

How much juice you use depends on the watts you're putting into the tank. Pick a tank that's designed to run at lower power and you're set :thumb:

Reactions: sonicbomb

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I see this 'thirsty' or guzzling' thing come up regularly. The amount of vapor produced is a direct result of the amount of juice vaporized, by the power applied to the coil. Less vapor, less juice consumed, more vapor more juice consumed.
    There may be some variation in efficiency between one setup and the next, but by such negligible amounts as to be discountable.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    looking for a temp control tank that doesnt guzzle juice or battery, any SS tanks like this? Or 0.3-0.5ohm temp control tanks? Cant find any

Not sure what you're asking for but it's probably fairly easy... though you'll almost certainly want to move away from the factory heads and roll your own coils.

Production TC heads are typically around 0.2 for Ni, 0.4 for Ti and 0.5 ish for SS.
    They're going to want more wattage and produce more vapor than an MTL build or even just a higher resistance DTL setup. And as said, vapor IS juice consumed... can't avoid that.

I run SS in TC up to 0.8 (and down below 0.2) regularly, though I think that would be difficult with the lower resistance Nickel and Titanium. Others can answer that.

And if you want a truly higher res/low wattage MTL build... be aware that we still have a resistance ceiling in TC modes on our lower cost mods (not sure about DNAs and SXs etc.).
    It's usually around 1.0 or 1.2 Ohm, though recent JoyeTech mods have raised that to 1.5 Ohm. Ask questions and shop around if that's something you're interested in.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    Aspire Nautilus with temperature control coils.

You'll only go through 3-5ml of juice per day with it. I use one at work and rarely go through 3ml during the 9+ hours I'm using it. Typically have it set at 460F and 16W.

That sounds like a mouth-to-lung set-up, yes?
    That's outside my wheelhouse... I broke my MTL when I went sub-ohm a year ago. :p

How well does that respond with low wattage? What wire?
    The quickest TC response I've used was Titanium, but that was just a single factory head.
    Is that with a relatively high resistance, or still down around 0.5 or lower?

Thanks for any answers... just trying to flesh out the picture. :)

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    That sounds like a mouth-to-lung set-up, yes?
    That's outside my wheelhouse... I broke my MTL when I went sub-ohm a year ago. :p

I would call it a restricted airflow, but with minor modification you can use it for DTL. Simply remove the airflow control ring and instead of one air hole it will open up all 4 airholes at once. (Plus a 5th hole where the ball bearing normally sits) It will still be a tight draw, but you can do direct to lung hits with it. I do.

How well does that respond with low wattage? What wire?
    The quickest TC response I've used was Titanium, but that was just a single factory head.
    Is that with a relatively high resistance, or still down around 0.5 or lower?

Thanks for any answers... just trying to flesh out the picture. :)

I'm using the nickel wire heads at .3ohms at 16W and 460F temps. Works great right there. You're not going to be blowing massive clouds like you would with a proper subohm tank, but it still produces decent vapor, really good flavor, and just sips the juice.

Less than 3ml over 9 hours and still does this:

20150401_1547581.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jim_ MDP

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    As others have mentioned:
    low output = low vapor production = low juice consumption
    high output = high vapor production = high juice consumption

While M2L ready gear typically is low output, if your making your own builds you can adjust what your building to more closely match your low juice consumption needs.

Just think smaller everything: smaller diameter wire, less surface area, smaller ID, lower temperature.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    You’re in control choices are yours - single or double coils, size of wick, wattage and length of draw IMO: will make only a small difference best bet is to DIY you're own juice and vape all you want.

By cutting back on juice you're going to cut back on the thing that you enjoy the most and I'll assume that helped you to quite smoking. One less lottery ticket and buy the juice.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread