The Overlooked Tootle Puffer Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I've seen quite a few posts recently that nothing new is coming out for Tootle Puffers. This isn't true, folks! You just sometimes have to look a little harder :). I'm always on the search for great attys living in obsurity. And many I've found would make our low wattage, mouth to lung vapers very happy.

I think almost everyone is aware of the Kayfuns, Taifuns and Erlkonigin by now. All well known Tootle gear.

I would like to tell you about the ones you may not be aware of. And hope others will contribute as well. Some are expensive and some are bargains. Some of the expensive ones do have clones. I'm not interested in a debate; just providing you information, and you may decide for yourself how you might spend your money. I hope negative posts can be kept to a minimum.

Gus Mods-Greece
Phenomenons. There are a few variations now or you can build your own from the parts catalogue. Prices range from approximately $85-130. Fantastic, compact flavor RTA. Easy to coil and wick even for newbies.

Aiolos tank or Steam Machine. Small enough to be used on an ego battery at 16mm. There is also a dripper version. Depending on version,.$45+

Estia. This tank uses 3 coils so for more adventurous Tootlers. Yes, you will end up subohm, but its a m2l flavor tank, not a cloud chaser. $120+ depending on options.

Titanium Mods-Ukraine
Ataman II. Easy build, juice control so no dry hits or flooding, tight draw, excellent flavor. $120+ depending on options.

Prometey. They are on v3 now, but you can always hunt for used v1 or v2 versions. Anyone can build this tank and it won't leak unless you overfill it due to using fluff to hold the juice.

Achilles RDA. This one is hard to find outside of clones.

Youde (UD). They are really establishing themselves for the cloud chaser RTA segment right now, but some of their older stuff is perfect for tootling. China

Aga t5. Basically the same deck as the Ataman II. Easy build, well made, great flavor and easy on the wallet! Check Triangle Vape to get this for $10.

Aga t7. Dual coil, but mouth to lung flavor tank. I love it, but the build is for the more experienced or determined vaper. Also $10 at Triangle Vape.

Various drippers that can often be found for less than $10 these days.

HCigar-China. They've been known for clones, but have some authentics that are worth checking out.

HC Plus. Very well made, great flavor and perfect for tootling. Not easy to find in the US, but Canadian and European members are in luck. I bought it from Health Cabin, but Froginfog has it for $20.

HC atty. Very Kayfun like but has a glass tank with a SS sleeve to help protect it. $37 at Vapenw

EHPro-China. Also was known for their clones, but from looking at their website now I believe they may be transitioning to authentics. They sure have a lot now.

Mini Buddha, aka Big Buddha Mini. 18mm so can be used on an ego. Great little flavor tank. It looks nice on an istick, too. Comes in silver, red, black, and wait for it, ladies...purple! $22-24 at Vividsmoke.

Epoch d1. This is dual coil, but geared for mouth to lung and flavor. $30.

Focusecig-China. I have quite a few of their attys now. They are definitely focused on flavor and mouth to lung.

Skyfall. The squonkable tank for everyone. I'm testing this now, and love it. It can be a single coil tootler, a middle range womper or can fit big twisted or Claptons. And turns every mod into a squonker :)

Hobbit RDA. This little guy is a tootler's dream. 17mm so can fit on an ego.

Focloud. Single or dual, internal juice control, mouth to lung. Like a Magma with a tank on top.

Sniper RDA. Deck is very similar to the Aga t7, but can be single or dual. And being a dripper, wicking is not really a concern like it is on the Aga t7.

Two Winds RDA. Single or dual, its the dripper form of the Focloud.

Vapenaute-France

Le Magister. Single or dual. They call it an RTA, but it could be a dripper that holds like 2.5ml.

AmerPoint-USA?

Nectar. There is an RTA version and RDA version. This is so easy to build, and has amazing flavor.

Arnold Ziffle

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
San Quentin
my minidrip is a great tootle dripper. I run a 1.4 at around 10 watts just like a kayfun. the airflow ring has six mtl settings and it will hold about two mils and will not leak unless you turn it upside down. they're available at mini ecig for 35 dollars. a steal at that price considering the top notch quality.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Love dat Achilles!!!! :wub:

redandpink2.jpg

Always interested in finding other low-cost full-flavor tight-draw tootles, though.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I think that one would still produce more vapor than any tootler wants or needs or can handle.

Andria
If you use the rba you can build it any way you like. A 1.8 coil with 29 or 30g coil might work very well for you guys. When I quit smoking I was doing mouth to lung and loved the taifun, that was my go to tank and I build it with 29g and it worked very well for me.

Reactions: roxynoodle

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
But is new any better?

Please industry, keep making the old stuff that no one else seems to want anymore. :cry:

*Somebody* wants it -- IBtanked sells out of their Smok single-coil 2-hole 3 ohm cartos all the time!

Andria

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would be considered living in the dark ages of vaping. I am stuck on my mini trophy's, mini davide's, evod glass and Smok ARO 2's. The ARO's are the only ones that don't have glass tanks. All of them use the same evod/protank coils so it keeps things simple and all are perfect for mtl vaping. I have several RBA's and one RTA (Lemo2) but haven't ventured into using any of them yet. They are in my vape just in case box :D .

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
my minidrip is a great tootle dripper. I run a 1.4 at around 10 watts just like a kayfun. the airflow ring has six mtl settings and it will hold about two mils and will not leak unless you turn it upside down. they're available at mini ecig for 35 dollars. a steal at that price considering the top notch quality.

I"m not the only one to drip at less than 15W? Yours has a bunny though, way cooler than mine.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I"m not the only one to drip at less than 15W? Yours has a bunny though, way cooler than mine.

I use my Achilles at 9, maybe 9.5 watts. Used to run my Kayfuns at 10w, but the TH is so intense in the Achilles, I had to drop -- also dropped my nic level from 10mg to 9mg, though now I'm down to 8mg -- trying an experiment, to see if bringing my nic down to about 5mg will help with the painfully-cold hands and feet I always have in the winter.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm not sure. Mini Ecig/Chels makes it if you want to check the website. I think there are clones also.

I've looked at those, and even the authentics from Chels aren't terribly expensive, about $35 I think? That's do-able, though not anytime real soon. Or maybe the $35 IS the clone...? I dunno.

Andria

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Wow, Roxy, thanks for the great list! I'm a confirmed tootle puffer and just recently ventured into RTAs. I started with Erlkonigins and love the flavor. I would add to your list one I just got this week, the Aqua V2. I've been happily tootling on mine at 8 watts the past few days. It also has great flavor and is very easy to build, and can be used single coil or dual coil. I'm currently tootling on mine single coil and really love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread