The Overlooked Tootle Puffer Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
@andria: no, these are the real prices, 35$ for the minidtrip and 25$ for the microdrip. They are affordable, because there are no tank complications, they are just drippers. I want to have the small one, the microdrip, but it is out of stock and subscription did not help much until now.

I would be considered living in the dark ages of vaping. I am stuck on my mini trophy's, mini davide's, evod glass and Smok ARO 2's. The ARO's are the only ones that don't have glass tanks. All of them use the same evod/protank coils so it keeps things simple and all are perfect for mtl vaping.

You are not alone in the dark ages ;-) , at least from time to time. I use protank coils too - they are perfect to rewick or even recoil, if one wants to. And my other favourite, Joyetech's eCab, is an anachronistic device as well, but I simply love it (no - them :w00t: , all of them).

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
@andria: no, these are the real prices, 35$ for the minidtrip and 25$ for the microdrip. They are affordable, because there are no tank complications, they are just drippers. I want to have the small one, the microdrip, but it is out of stock and subscription did not help much until now.

I definitely prefer the Mini, because it's 22mm... the only thing that concerns me is that 1.3mm for the smallest airflow; not really sure it's tight enough to suit me, loving the tightness of the Achilles and also cartos as I do.

Andria

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Wow, Roxy, thanks for the great list! I'm a confirmed tootle puffer and just recently ventured into RTAs. I started with Erlkonigins and love the flavor. I would add to your list one I just got this week, the Aqua V2. I've been happily tootling on mine at 8 watts the past few days. It also has great flavor and is very easy to build, and can be used single coil or dual coil. I'm currently tootling on mine single coil and really love it.

I thought of adding all the Aquas to the list, but thought most have probably heard of them? Maybe not?

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I thought of adding all the Aquas to the list, but thought most have probably heard of them? Maybe not?

Roxy, I think that many tootle puffers think that RTAs are for the mod whompers and cloud chasers, so they don't really even check out the rebuildable threads. I know I thought that way until someone in that big long tootle puffer thread mentioned how tootle friendly the Erlkonigin was. At that point, I started reading more and more about rebuildables and eventually got the ErlKs to try.

Now I'm really sold and loving the freedom of building my own coils at very low cost. I wouldn't have heard of the Aqua if I hadn't been browsing around in the rebuildable part of the forum. So I think a lot of the RTAs that may seem well known are not so well known to this group.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm just glad I discovered that there are RDAs for tootlers, because I really don't like tanks anymore at all. All the bother about vacuum, and pressure... bleah. RDAs make it so much easier.

I'm thinking about putting a coil in my Veritas today. The blueberry muffin I vape isn't really good in an Achilles, the flavor is TOO strong, but the Veritas... doesn't deliver quite such strong flavor, so it might suit the blueberry muffin pretty well.

Andria

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I'm just glad I discovered that there are RDAs for tootlers, because I really don't like tanks anymore at all. All the bother about vacuum, and pressure... bleah. RDAs make it so much easier.

I'm thinking about putting a coil in my Veritas today. The blueberry muffin I vape isn't really good in an Achilles, the flavor is TOO strong, but the Veritas... doesn't deliver quite such strong flavor, so it might suit the blueberry muffin pretty well.

Andria

That's what I found also with that style of atty. (I use the A7 which uses the same bottom air design) I had to cut my flavorings by as much as half.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    There are a lot of RDAs for tootlers :). I love that little Hobbit. And the Viscious Ant Cyclone and Divo. The Magma is an oldie, but goody. And of course the others I've already mentioned.

Another tank, which can also be an RDA with an optional cap that deserves mention here is the Eviva-t from Atmistique in Greece. I have two of these.

And I should definitely mention the Rose v2 from Eden Mods. This is my favorite RTA. Its another I thought may already be well known.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Well, I tried the experiment with the Veritas. That thing is just no good at all for MtL hits, you just don't get anything. I found myself trying a lung hit, which I never do, and had to make myself stop it so I wouldn't start an asthma attack. Guess I'm gonna have to PIF that Veritas to some deserving broke person.

Back to the cartotank for the blueberry muffin.

Andria

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
    Jun 9, 2015
    Texas
    Then there's this lil tootle dripper. I think it's called a Trident? A B&M gave it to me for free. The mfgr jacked up the machining on it and the air holes don't line up if you try to use it with dual coils. I just use it as a single coil tester for my DIY. Doesn't hold :censored: for juice, but you can get 4 or 5 good puffs of what's in the wick. 16mm. Airflow is extremely anemic. But it makes good flavor.
    trident.jpg
    trident topless.jpg

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    I love the Mini Drip and Micro Drip. I also have the magma, achilles, and origen v2. All my drippers are tootle puff friendly with deep juice wells.

I've considered that Origen v2... Tight draw? That's always the part I'm most picky about, though I also want deep wells.

Andria

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 3, 2015
    the mini drip authentic is 35 . holds 2'mil and can get a middle section with a window.
    Could you explain how these work? I've been vaping for a year and I have no clue how that works? It's got a window and 2ml capacity but it's a dripper or RDA? Is it just a ln RDA that allows you to see the coil and wick? Where does the "2ml" come into play?

hobbes4

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 23, 2009
    I've considered that Origen v2... Tight draw? That's always the part I'm most picky about, though I also want deep wells.

Andria

I think the smallest hole will be restrictive enough for you but even if it's not you could block off a part of the hole by simply rotating the afc ring a bit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread