Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well great video, and rebuilding any pod I've seen so far is a bit of work.
Thanks David. I have rebuilt worse than this, but it does get easier the more you do it. I have done it quite a few times on the first 2 pods I was using, this is the 3rd pod I have broken apart to rebuild.

Burnie, thank you so much for doing this video! Originally I was so happy about getting the Rock for it's price and the ability to refill the pods with nic salt juices! I had read that it would be a more cost effective solution to get the pre-made coil/wicks and and "simply" rebuild... hmph! Not so simple, for me anyway! :confused:
After watching your video, I see that it IS possible and that it's something that I just may be able to do!!!
Again, thank you!!!
Very glad I could help. I had to do some really crazy work to get my phone to be able to video it, but if it helps others then it was worth it. :)

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
Well I figured out how to do a rebuild video :D
I taped my phone to my magnifying glass, was hard to do looking through the phone screen, but I think it turned out well for my "First Ever How To Video". :banana:

I hope it will help you on your rebuilding efforts. :)

Easier to see if you play it full screen.

Took 4 times as long to upload and publish than it took to film it. :facepalm:
Well done Burnie, very good video ;) But my, what a pain in the backside to do especially if you have older eyes :eek:

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well done Burnie, very good video ;) But my, what a pain in the backside to do especially if you have older eyes :eek:
As for the older eyes, I have them also :facepalm: But I have a very good magnifying glass on an adjustable arm, without which I could rebuild nothing. :facepalm:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Awesome! Thanks for doing a video very helpful waiting for my premade FT coils to show up so I can rewick my 5 pods. Burned through them in about a week and a half. Great little device still just still would get expensive without the rebuilding. Thanks once again!
Glad I could help. :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Yes, I know there's an issue with posting in this thread. We're aware of the issue, and we're looking into the cause.
I was gonna hit up the Help and Feedback forum but I figured I'd just wait.
I've found that if I just wait things eventually get sorted.
:laugh:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Burnie, someone hijacked your account. There's a strange man staring through your avatar.
Yea, we need to find out who that grey haired old fart is :w00t: Once that picture went up the thread locked :lol: Glad everything is back up and running normally. :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Going to do a side by side comparison on the two.
Interested in how they compare. :)

Well, decided to try to rebuild one and use Rayon for the wick. Was not easy to get the wick in that coil, but I got it done. :)

20170614_145042.jpg

20170614_145900.jpg

Lots better flavor than the silica wick. I am on the 3rd tank and it is not leaking and wicks fine with 70/30 and 50/50 juice. Going to use the Rayon for a while and see how I like it. The coils I used are from FT # 1591800, which are the ones I use in the Sophia that I wick with KGD. You could also use the ones with silica wick, just pull it out and put in Rayon.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Interested in how they compare. :)

If I could find a cheaper source for the pods (I'm definitely working on it), the Cora would be awesome. I'm hoping the Rock compares favorably with the Cora. Going to take both of them to work with me on Monday and give them a good workout. :D

Reactions: Burnie

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The light (opposite side from the switch) is only white, and does not change color with the battery level, so there is no way to tell if you have a 10% charge or a 90% charge, and when it dies, it just dies with no warning.

Mine showed up today, and like you, am not too wild about the built in USB connection. And the charging light is going to drive me positively mental. Then again, only spent 10 bucks on the thing, so I'm not going to rage too much. :lol:

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Initial impression. Too airy. More so than the old protanks!
Yea it is to airy but if you place the button downward and put 4 fingers across the top (so it's not to strange to hold) you can place your pointer finger over the top hole and get a much tighter draw. That's how I use mine after a few times I just hold it that way cause i like the the tight draw of the von erl and wanted to get it similar can also add something to the other side to get it even tighter (tape, etc).

3daysNcounting

Apr 25, 2017
Off topic, sort of... But this IS the Rock thread :)! I'm wondering how everyone else fills these pods? The tiny fill holes weren't meant to be used with the normal size dropper on a Mr Salt-E bottle... I've had to improvise by sacrificing (lol) an old eliquid but it's a temporary fix. The bottle tip is perfect (teeny), but the bottle itself is on its last legs due to being squeezed too much :blush:
I looked some at FT but wasn't able to find exactly what I'm looking for... Not even sure what to "call" what I'm looking for! Like an extension for a dropper?? Yielded zero products :oops:

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Off topic, sort of... But this IS the Rock thread :)! I'm wondering how everyone else fills these pods? The tiny fill holes weren't meant to be used with the normal size dropper on a Mr Salt-E bottle... I've had to improvise by sacrificing (lol) an old eliquid but it's a temporary fix. The bottle tip is perfect (teeny), but the bottle itself is on its last legs due to being squeezed too much :blush:
I looked some at FT but wasn't able to find exactly what I'm looking for... Not even sure what to "call" what I'm looking for! Like an extension for a dropper?? Yielded zero products :oops:

Any suggestions? Thanks!
I use these
$2.56 E-liquid Refiller Bottle for Electronic Cigarette (10-Pack / 10mL) 10-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
They come in different sizes, these are the 10ml, but I also have larger ones, work very well.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

Any suggestions? Thanks!

If the bottle doesn't have a needle tip, I just dig out the syringe from my DIY box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread